PREDATOR 1 Remake???!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, Ian is fantastic. I enjoy his Predator...even if the directors screw up the character. He's got the moves down perfectly.

Hey! Gimme that back! Jerk!

And the problem with an AvP reboot, is that no one knows how to do it right. They keep hiring the worng people. Anderson had a decent idea, and the film looked good....but everything else was crap. But atleast he was cool about it, and didnt belittle the fans like the BS did.

But he did talk out of his ass a LOT in the behind the scenes features of AVP... remember when he basically said that since P1 and P2 weren't marked they were (paraphrasing) basically kids? Give me a break.

Sally Field will play the next predator. here she is trying on the dreads;

172855DiLH_w.jpg

Yeah, Ian is fantastic. I enjoy his Predator...even if the directors screw up the character. He's got the moves down perfectly.

Well, at least we agree on that. I'm sure it was hard enough to find a seven foot guy, but one who'd actually get into the role and really pick it up was just great.

But he did talk out of his ass a LOT in the behind the scenes features of AVP... remember when he basically said that since P1 and P2 weren't marked they were (paraphrasing) basically kids? Give me a break.

I didnt say he wasnt an idiot....;)

But he did respect the fans....(the people, not by the soruce material)

The BS pretty much outright insulted ALL Alien fans...in the commentary no less.

That scene where Wolf steps on a Alien's head (and the acid doesnt melt his foot :rolleyes:) one of them goes "Oh we did this for the Alien fans...snicker snicker" and other attacks that I forgot.

But Colin or whoever seemed to apologise in their own way....but still.

=CelticP;1432387]I didnt say he wasnt an idiot....;)

SallyField39.jpg

The BS pretty much outright insulted ALL Alien fans...in the commentary no less.

sally-field-sybil.jpg

That scene where Wolf steps on a Alien's head (and the acid doesnt melt his foot :rolleyes:) one of them goes "Oh we did this for the Alien fans...snicker snicker" and other attacks that I forgot.

sally-field.jpg

But Colin or whoever seemed to apologise in their own way....but still.

sally_narrowweb__300x448,0.jpg

I like anger! And i hate Titanic!!!! I hate Titanic ALMOST as much as I hate the idea of Predator being remade or rebooted. Flims today just plain suck! I'll just stick to watching classics over and over. Aliens for the 200th time is way better than anything they can come up with anymore. Thus why Hollywood keeps trying to remake everything

:rock
preach it brother!!

NO to remake NO to reboot NO to sequal. Hey Bozowood! quit killing our monsters. P1, P2, Alien & Aliens a classic series of films. Alien 3,4 mehhuhh AVP AVPR :horror cool in the comics though. Anyway, leave it alone.

I can't say all films today just plain suck but more often than not they do.
It's constant reruns in this house

I like anger!
:lol

:rock
preach it brother!!

NO to remake NO to reboot NO to sequal. Hey Bozowood! quit killing our monsters. P1, P2, Alien & Aliens a classic series of films. Alien 3,4 mehhuhh AVP AVPR :horror cool in the comics though. Anyway, leave it alone.

I can't say all films today just plain suck but more often than not they do.
It's constant reruns in this house

:lol

Sequel = new toys. I say bring on the crappy movies but make sure the designs are awesome and that Hot Toys gets the license for them. :D

People are running out of ideas!Its ^^^^ing retarded that there is being made so many remakes,and honestly,you gotta be quite a dumb person to decide a Karate Kid remake,who the hell cares about Karate Kid anymore?

i guess but personally i don't buy the toys if i don't like the movies

I can't see it that way. Effects designers really pour their hearts out into designing awesome creatures so I won't let a crappy director and cheesy script take the artistic part of the film away from me. AVPR was torture to watch but the design for Wolf was super!

To keep the thread derailed:

Yes, Titanic is an intensely sappy movie with crap effects and lots of historical blunders.
And I do like romantic movies. It's just that I prefer them with a bit of brains. One of my fave movies is Romeo and Juliet (With Dicaprio), and I absolutely love romantic comedy (Notting Hill, Four Funerals and a wedding).
But Titanic... good lord no. It is utter crap IMHO and has no place next to classics.

As for AvP and AvP-R; IMO AvP has a decent story, decent actors, has excellent visuals and SFX and at least tries to rise above what it is: a B-movie. It is, in that respect, exactly what Ridley Scott tried to do. That Anderson is not Scott we know, but the man really tried and gave it a shot. Now, AvP-R is just crap. Nobody really put any effort into that one. Just sad. My nephew was staying over last month and he rented AvP-R, and I didn't even have the impulse to watch it. It's that bad.

Now, to bring it back on topic (if that's possible), I really don't mind if they do remakes or reboots. I think that's actually a better idea than to keep messing up the originals, which IMHO is what happens when you keep getting crap sequels. At least if you get a remake/reboot you leave the originals alone. It's a new start and a completely new franchise. So I'm cool with that.

I don't know if anyone has ever come up with this idea, but I would like to see a Predator 3 movie set during WWII. Located on one of the pacific islands while US marines are already in combat with Japanese soldiers. It starts off as US marines vs Japanese soldiers, then US marines vs Japanese soldiers vs Predators. Then as the human numbers get smaller and smaller the US and Japanese realise that the only way to survive is to join forces against the Preadator.

i actually liked AvP (hope im not getting flamed). imo it had a decent story and decent actors as said before, but there would have been a couple of things i would have done different (like longer, if bigger budget, extremely scary, 1 pred surviving, no human survivors, longer alien breeding, thinner and nicer costumes for preds.)

and yes, AvP:R made me throw up. Strause brothers should be beaten up GOOD by fans. they are such rednecks.

i would hate remake. it would be spoiling the franchise. and theres no point since the movie isnt old AT ALL.
i wouldnt like if they made Predator 3, unless it would be SUPERFUXINGMEGAAWSHUM.
AvP3, with a decent story and alien atmosphere ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoU0_MnOiVA) would work for me.

PLEASE DONT DO ANY MORE CRAP MOVIES.

I don't know if anyone has ever come up with this idea, but I would like to see a Predator 3 movie set during WWII. Located on one of the pacific islands while US marines are already in combat with Japanese soldiers. It starts off as US marines vs Japanese soldiers, then US marines vs Japanese soldiers vs Predators. Then as the human numbers get smaller and smaller the US and Japanese realise that the only way to survive is to join forces against the Preadator.

we dont need another historic movie. wouldnt work.
but thats imho.

Last edited:

i like it :lecture:lecture:lecture

But Colin or whoever seemed to apologise in their own way....but still
I dont get why either fan takes it so personally? They're not family members or anything personal to us, they're just movie monsters. The Alien and the Predators arent football teams, why do some of us feel we have to root for one over the other?

We're all fans of both creatures arent we? Sure I like preds better than aliens but I dont root for either one and could care less if one species won the battle over the other. Its just cool to see them fight. I will never understand why this rivalry between the sides exists.

Back