Predator 2: Shadow Predator (2011 Toy Fairs Exclusive)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I lost count on all the cancellations :D .

Now seriously, I think after this Sideshow will make the next ones with NRD to avoid this ridiculous amount of cancellations...

Eventually they'll sell them all anyway.

But each cancellation is a step torwards affordable prices for this one on the secondary market for those, like me, who would pay just too much in taxes buying from them. :)

I'm just happy I'm getting it, but so many chaps canceling is disheartening.

I mean after all the hub-bub of being able to get it and it being pretty damn cool was for nothing cos those alot of guys have moved onto Batman, Classic and (Gulp Noland?)

I'm no saint, and i have canceled a few things, but why order it in the first place if you weren't enamored? there's got to be some guys who canceled other figs in order to keep this and not choose another figure over it.

I'm just happy I'm getting it, but so many chaps canceling is disheartening.

I mean after all the hub-bub of being able to get it and it being pretty damn cool was for nothing cos those alot of guys have moved onto Batman, Classic and (Gulp Noland?)

I'm no saint, and i have canceled a few things, but why order it in the first place if you weren't enamored? there's got to be some guys who canceled other figs in order to keep this and not choose another figure over it.
because the kind of people who think ebay is a good retirement plan tend to make poor/impulsive decisions.

Weird???! Still doesn't make any sense to order this figure, if you really didn't want it. Are folks really that focused on thinking they can resell this guy for $$$. I'm from the school of thinking that I buy what I like 'cause I most definitely like it. There's no real money in this hobby, unless you buy and sell stuff by the dozen.

I think some of the buys are impulse buys. Like they see it and want it, but once the time to pay up come around they realize that they would prefer to spend the money on something else. It has nothing to do with them being flippers

This should help the wait.

Sick video from the talented DeanKnight

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXY74HH6oIk&feature=feedu"]HOT TOYS PREDATOR DUB HUNT - YouTube[/ame]

I think some of the buys are impulse buys. Like they see it and want it, but once the time to pay up come around they realize that they would prefer to spend the money on something else. It has nothing to do with them being flippers

This makes a lot of sense actually. In my case, being new to the hobby I was excited at the chance of an old school style pred. You know net suit, spear, barefoot. Then the Classic came out. I think classic coming out is what made people cancel their preorders. It filled that old school pred void for some. As for me and I know I'm probably the only person on this forum who thinks so but I like Shadow better than classic. There I said it. I don't know why. I know Classic is "the predator" and has waaaay more stuff with him. I dunno what it is. Maybe because he's the closest thing I'll have to a P2 until they decide to make one again.

This makes a lot of sense actually. In my case, being new to the hobby I was excited at the chance of an old school style pred. You know net suit, spear, barefoot. Then the Classic came out. I think classic coming out is what made people cancel their preorders. It filled that old school pred void for some. As for me and I know I'm probably the only person on this forum who thinks so but I like Shadow better than classic. There I said it. I don't know why. I know Classic is "the predator" and has waaaay more stuff with him. I dunno what it is. Maybe because he's the closest thing I'll have to a P2 until they decide to make one again.

Very True.

This is gonna be my first Predator, and i love it and was drawn to it because it was minimalist, to me the Classic is the equivilent of an SAS soldier, he has better weapons and tech than a African mercenary, which is how i kinda view the Shadow.

Shadow is like a barbarian, he doesnt wear high-tech armour has melee weapons only, and to me looks like a brawler.

I'm buying because he looks cool, I have all the rest to date, and I want to get all the tropy skulls.

Simple as that.

Back