Predator 2: Shadow Predator (2011 Toy Fairs Exclusive)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Weird???! Still doesn't make any sense to order this figure, if you really didn't want it. Are folks really that focused on thinking they can resell this guy for $$$. I'm from the school of thinking that I buy what I like 'cause I most definitely like it. There's no real money in this hobby, unless you buy and sell stuff by the dozen.
well let's face it, if you're in a position where flipping toys is your income, you've probably made plenty of bad lifestyle/financial choices leading down to that.
I pass on the Fatburn. Shadow looks much cooler.
yeah, i think the Noland figure is cool as hell, but i just don't collect human characters as much. i'll get anything designed by Winston Studios though.

The thing I like about Shadow is that accurate or not, he really will look nice on display. His beady green eyes are a nifty and unique touch, plus he adds diversity without standing out too much (like Lost almost does). Lastly, let's not forget yet another trophy skull...

The thing I like about Shadow is that accurate or not, he really will look nice on display. His beady green eyes are a nifty and unique touch, plus he adds diversity without standing out too much (like Lost almost does). Lastly, let's not forget yet another trophy skull...

And he has that great P2 vibe going on.

And he has that great P2 vibe going on.

And with that comment, I'm now going crazy over the thought of a possible (and perhaps probable?) P2 remake once again. Thanks, goose.

BUT SERIOUSLY, HOW AMAZING WOULD THAT BE!? THE ONE HEADSCULPT THEY ACTUALLY GOT RIGHT OFF THE BAT -- ON A NEW BODY WITH KICKASS PAINT APPS AND ACCESSORIES!? GAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! :panic::panic::panic:

Since Tsang is so keen on using existing figures as reference, he could work from the existing P2 figure and add in some details. Iono...

P2 always was my favorite headsculpt. I think that if they remade him the head would be worse than before, sculpt wise.
It will, sadly. Classic is even less accurate than their P1.

beautiful sculpt:

blog_htp2_damaged.jpg

11-2.jpg

We'll never get 100% accuracy with Hot Toys, but this was pretty damn close.

It's still not accurate, but it's a more... educated and skillful sculpt. This is also due to their new mandible piece, so he can let things flare out and look more three-dimensional on the closed-mouth version.

And with that comment, I'm now going crazy over the thought of a possible (and perhaps probable?) P2 remake once again. Thanks, goose.

BUT SERIOUSLY, HOW AMAZING WOULD THAT BE!? THE ONE HEADSCULPT THEY ACTUALLY GOT RIGHT OFF THE BAT -- ON A NEW BODY WITH KICKASS PAINT APPS AND ACCESSORIES!? GAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! :panic::panic::panic:

:exactly::goodpost:

Still one of their best head sculpts to date. Wish I had owned P2. I remember seeing him in my shop years ago before I discovered Hot Toys.:banghead

God the accuracy nuts try to do their best to suck the life out of everything around here. :lol

Don't like it, don't buy it.

God the accuracy nuts try to do their best to suck the life out of everything around here. :lol

Don't like it, don't buy it.

:lol true.

It doesnt akway have to match screen to figure, look at Iron Monger most fans didnt even know he had repulsors on his hands, so if they were left out and it was slightly cheaper they'd be fine with it.

Wait, wasn't P1 done by Tsang? Or was that also Pan Mak?
You asked this second time on the board :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

I think that Classic looks better than the P1 out now though
Classic Looks like ASS and nothing to deal with Winston's original design.
Man it's even worst then movie Classic from KNB, I reallllly dunno how can anyone say that it's better then old one :lol
I know that paint apps is slightly better, but dats all.

Also good thing I have spare P2 head so even if the re-release will be with a hideous sculpt from Tsang I would totally not care :yess:

Weird???! Still doesn't make any sense to order this figure, if you really didn't want it. Are folks really that focused on thinking they can resell this guy for $$$. I'm from the school of thinking that I buy what I like 'cause I most definitely like it. There's no real money in this hobby, unless you buy and sell stuff by the dozen.
Some are always gonna order and cancel, but I would put money on a recent slew of cancellations of this order being a direct function of the fact that it never sold out on Sideshow's site. People can do whatever they want, and I don't really care so long as it doesn't affect a company's behavior in ways I don't agree with (i.e., I like what the NRD does), but I think that many folks really are concerned with flip value first and foremost.

Classic Looks like ASS and nothing to deal with Winston's original design.
Man it's even worst then movie Classic from KNB, I reallllly dunno how can anyone say that it's better then old one :lol
I know that paint apps is slightly better, but dats all.
I'm no Predator head sculpt expert, but the Classic looks more bad-ass to me than P1 somehow, though I still really dig the P1's look. Unfortunately, it's tough to look at that stuff in a vacuum. The terrible proportions on P1 probably make the head look worse than it actually is, and the really good proportions on Classic probably make that head look better than it actually is. I'll reserve final judgment until I have them both in hand.

Back