RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rate The Last Movie You Watched.

Holy Motors 10/10

A complete dazzling masterpiece!

This film will not let me go! I can't make out if it is a bonkers of a film with little meaning or it has something deeper to say. The director is certainly not making it easy for you.

Denis Lavant gives a tour de force performance!

You will never see anything like this!

Jason Takes Manhattan 2/10. My god is this movie terrible. I remember seeing as a kid and thinking it was weird and scary. Now it's just retarded. The absolute dumbest thing has to be the boxing scene on the roof.

Jason Takes Manhattan 2/10. My god is this movie terrible. I remember seeing as a kid and thinking it was weird and scary. Now it's just retarded. The absolute dumbest thing has to be the boxing scene on the roof.

I watched this last fear fest. thought it was the worst jason movie ever

Lol, for me this one is on pair with the 4th part... best in the series.
Need to rewatch 'em.

- Because I'm Baaaaaaad!

michael-jackson-032607.jpg

The Thing (2011) - 7/10

It was better than I was expecting. I thought it was cool how it tied into Carpenter's. I think the one big drawback was that Winstead just wasn't strong as the lead.

I actually like this movie, a lot of people cried about it, but I really enjoyed it and didnt think it was nearly as bad as people made out.

The problem w/ the Thing prequel is the lack of making me care about anyone in the cast. There just isn't enough time spent getting to know the characters like in the original. We needed another 10-15 minutes of development before all hell broke loose. The CGI is also quite terrible if you go and look at the original practical works created for the movie, and then go and watch what they ended up being it really is a joke. The first thing out looked amazing practically, the way it split open, the depth to the chest cavity etc, it was one of the realest looking practical effects I've ever seen, all they needed to add were the tenticles. Instead they covered the entire shot in CGI and as a result it loses all it's depth and looks clearly like a flat image, and theres no blood at all so when the skin tears it simply looks like someone photoshopping it to come apart very cleanly in 2 consise images instead of flesh being torn/pulled apart. It's just goofy.

All in all, it is a good movie, but when you compare it to Carpenter's, it's complete trash. None of that magic or confusion exists. In the prequel, we know when everyones a thing, who is, and how it happened. Carpenter himself admits in his he doesn't know what's happening or who's a thing when and how it happened and that confusion adds to the overall tension and rewatchability ten fold and then some.

Lars was awesome though and the ending was perfect.

I actually like this movie, a lot of people cried about it, but I really enjoyed it and didnt think it was nearly as bad as people made out.

Same here. I watched this movie last night and enjoyed every minute of it. I actually watched the original not long before watching the remake. I mean there is nothing earth shattering new about from the original story wise but the effects are done very well and just the whole movie had a really good feeling to it. A simple story really but again I enjoyed it and would watch it again. :)

It's a shame what could have been, with the practical effects less toned down, I'd be more forgiving. Covering them completely over with the CGI ruined them all for me.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBzpT7VmSaU&feature=related[/ame]

They were supposed to only use CGI for touchups but then went back and reworked everything instead.

The original ending would have been far superior as well, instead they decided to create that completely CGId Halvorson Thing at the last second and it shows, it's clearly poor CGI.

Considering Carpenter's Thing is to this day a prime example of practical effects at their finest, to have it bookended by a movie showcasing some of the worst CGI in modern memory is just a shame.

Prometheus - 8/10

Some minor stupid moments here and there but the cool stuff definitely outweighs the WTF moments. Overall a really good movie. Seen it twice now. Enjoyable.

Prometheus - 8/10

Some minor stupid moments here and there but the cool stuff definitely outweighs the WTF moments. Overall a really good movie. Seen it twice now. Enjoyable.

Completely agree!

The Thing (2011) - 5 out of 10

Completely agree! The poor CGI disconnected me from this movie.

Back