RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rate The Last Movie You Watched.

Seven Psychopaths-8.5/10

Did you see In Bruges? If you did, did you like Seven Psychopaths better? I really want to see Seven Psychopaths, because I loved In Bruges.

:lol

People say it is. It was going to be released before the election. And the studio got called out as Obama supporters. I didn't know they made a movie on this. I mean, isn't the one from the national geographic channel enough?

I think Zero Dark Thirty is more about the girl who was responsible with providing the intel.

Did you see In Bruges? If you did, did you like Seven Psychopaths better? I really want to see Seven Psychopaths, because I loved In Bruges.

I own In Bruges, yet I still have not yet taken the time to sit down and watch it. I loved Seven Psychopaths, though. If anything, it's motivated me to sit and watch In Bruges. I'll probably watch it tomorrow and get back to you on that one. I absolutely loved Psychopaths, though. It's actually closer to a 9/10 for me, so I'll probably go back and edit my post. Sam Rockwell is fantastic, and he steals the show. Go see it, if you get the chance.

Finally found Fire Walk With Me.

On one hand, I hated it. It didn't offer me anything I didn't know, it had scenes, which had zero purpose (David Bowie), added subplots which never mattered due to behind the scenes issues, and at the end, I felt somewhat empty.

On the OTHER hand, I felt like it was a powerful film, with some amazing, AMAZING visuals, and some really interesting metaphoric ideas. While it wasn't new, I was still interested in what went on during Laura's last days. And the weirdness was just incredibly provocative. So i'm left in the middle. Overall, I didn't totally hate it, but there's still a lot I didn't like...and I know this was his intention, but the film simply wasn't funny enough. And I missed that little comedic edge. Just wasn't here.

I don't want to write it off as "confusing crap!" because, while i'm not as familiar with Lynchian stuff, I can appreciate who he is, and that he doesn't do anything for no reason. But maybe someone can help me understand what some of these missing pieces were. It's almost like Lynch wanted to do one movie, and then the other, and it ends up being off putting due to that story line never finishing. (the FBI agent).

But I do feel like it was a nice companion piece to the show. It's not important, but you can watch it to get more. I just wish I liked it better. Maybe with more viewings?

Life Of PI 9/10

must watch friends.......................

Guest from the Future.

Just awful...
I like most of such fairy-tale Soviet movies but this cult-classic one... garbage.
And why they filmed it as a miniseries is beyond me.

:lol:lol:lol:lol

But jokes aside there was a biorobot. Retarded one ofcourse.

The Invention of Lying - 8/10
This was an interesting watch. It took some time to get used to the concept, but once I was I really enjoyed this film. Certainly not your average romantic comedy.

The Campaign - 7.5/10
laughed my ass of .... :monkey1

Expendables 2 7/10. It's a mindless action flick, and unlike the first one, whcih is a 4/10 if it's lucky, this one didn't take itself seriously.

I did find some of the extremely random actor inserts to be annoying, and a couple were so senseless as to be ridiculous, but again - it was supposed to be silly. What I found most interesting was the extreme dichotomy in acting chops. On one end you have Norris, and Lundgren, with Willis and Statham on the opposite end. It was particularly interesting to see them in scenes together.

"Dark Shadows" 5/10 mixed bag, I'm getting sick of Depp. His mannerisms are getting tiresome.

Back