RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's still a fun movie (and the T-Rex & Raptor CGI still holds up well today), but every time I see it I marvel at how the T-Rex scene is lauded despite the fact that it contains one of the biggest continuity blunders in movie history. It starts by the T-Rex sauntering out of its pen between the two Explorers and it ends when it pushes the first Explorer over the embankment of the same pen, but suddenly the ground within that pen is about 100 feet lower in elevation. :slap I mean seriously, how the hell does that make sense? It wasn't raining that hard, so I think we can rule out massive erosion during that 4-5 minute time period. Maybe T-Rexes know how to climb trees? If so, they only like to climb UP. :lol

Yeah, that was a big blunder. Also, in retrospect, the dino designs aren't even accurate to what experts believe the dinosaurs looked like in real life. Apparently they all had feathers and looked like giant chickens. :lol You think the new films would update the design.

Ready Player One - 6/10

My first time watching it. I didn't see it when it came out because the overuse of CGI, the character designs, and the fact that Spielberg was "washed up" were a big turn off. Having said that, it was somewhat entertaining, but still far from SP best films when he was in his prime.

Yeah, that was a big blunder. Also, in retrospect, the dino designs aren't even accurate to what experts believe the dinosaurs looked like in real life. Apparently they all had feathers and looked like giant chickens. :lol You think the new films would update the design.

Reminds me of a meme I once made and posted here

465obh.jpg

Real Dinosaurs would probably disappoint us if we could time travel back to see them. I did like that Jurassic World sort of retconned that the dinosaurs they created were modified to fit our expectations.

It's still a fun movie (and the T-Rex & Raptor CGI still holds up well today), but every time I see it I marvel at how the T-Rex scene is lauded despite the fact that it contains one of the biggest continuity blunders in movie history. It starts by the T-Rex sauntering out of its pen between the two Explorers and it ends when it pushes the first Explorer over the embankment of the same pen, but suddenly the ground within that pen is about 100 feet lower in elevation. :slap I mean seriously, how the hell does that make sense? It wasn't raining that hard, so I think we can rule out massive erosion during that 4-5 minute time period. Maybe T-Rexes know how to climb trees? If so, they only like to climb UP. :lol

Haha this was always a head scratcher to me as a kid... I have seen some people rationalise it away as the explorer being dumped down one of the huge moats separating the t-rex paddock and that of the previous dinosaur species (they have gone into huge detail mapping it all out with the camera views and behind the scenes stuff and lines of dialogue). I remember the fan-explanation 'working' (and it's my canon now haha) but clearly a continuity error in the film.

Haha this was always a head scratcher to me as a kid... I have seen some people rationalise it away as the explorer being dumped down one of the huge moats separating the t-rex paddock and that of the previous dinosaur species (they have gone into huge detail mapping it all out with the camera views and behind the scenes stuff and lines of dialogue). I remember the fan-explanation 'working' (and it's my canon now haha) but clearly a continuity error in the film.

Everyone over-analyses this scene. There's some great detailed fan explanations for it however everyone just needs to accept that it was done (despite its obvious flaws) because it made a great action scene and allowed Grant and the kids to escape the T-Rex.

George Lucas has probably been trying to convince his good buddy Spielberg to release JP "Special Editions" to update them. :lol

Dr. Wu addresses that in Jurassic World when Masrani chides him for making the Indominous Rex. Wu says something to the effect of "hey pal most of our dinosaurs would look very different if we were striving for historical accuracy but this park has been about showing people what they want to see from the very beginning." So no need for any revisions to the original films.

They rave because the scene is so great that most did not notice the continuity blunder with their first time viewing.

I know I didn't. Took a few for me to notice it. :lol

But that is at the very end of the scene.. Everything else is perfectly done and deserves the praise. Sill the best scene in the entire JP series.

Everyone over-analyses this scene. There's some great detailed fan explanations for it however everyone just needs to accept that it was done (despite its obvious flaws) because it made a great action scene and allowed Grant and the kids to escape the T-Rex.

Yep.

They rave because the scene is so great that most did not notice the continuity blunder with their first time viewing.

I know I didn't. Took a few for me to notice it. :lol

But that is at the very end of the scene.. Everything else is perfectly done and deserves the praise. Sill the best scene in the entire JP series.

I did notice it the first time, but only after the Explorer fell all the way down, Tim ended up "back in the car again" and the T-Rex was looking down from on high. I was like, wait a minute.....:lol

But yes, up to the point they went over the edge it was a fantastic scene. T-Rex chasing the Jeep was pretty awesome too.

Another huge continuity blunder was in ROTS when Obi-Wan jumps down to face Grievous on Utapau. The scene begins with Kenobi and Grievous facing one another on a huge wide open floor and Obi-Wan pulls a massive chunk from the ceiling down onto Grievous' guards then has to walk around the obstruction to face Grievous again. But then seconds later when they ignite their sabers the floor is gone, massive piece of the ceiling is gone, and they're standing on a tiny catwalk?? WTF, lol.

The Guardian - 7/10 I return to this Fairy Tale Horror movie every 4 or 5 years and I always enjoy it.

Evil Dead Remake - 6/10 - Gory fun but little to no personality.

True Romance - 8/10

Jumanji 2 Next Level: 7/10

Was entertaining. I think they hit some fun parts with the sequel. Love the Rock but he was really under used in this one.

Knives Out: 7/10

Had some pretty funny parts. DC's accent, wow.

Zombieland 2 Double Tap: 7/10

Was entertaining as well. Love me some Tallahassee Woody Harrelson. Don't take this movie serious and it can be fun.

I loved the show. Campbell got right into character and Pablo was a cool addition to the mythos. GhostBeaters. :rotfl

Just finished season 2 and first two episodes of season 3.

I have no idea why I waited so long.

I did watch season one way back when but didnt love it the first time.. Watching it again with my kids and I was having a blast.

Anyways

Season 1 - 8/10 overall
Season 2 - 8/10 overall

Back