RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rate The Last Movie You Watched.

^ Great movies...atleast the first one. The second is alright.

Leslie Nealson is a great baddie.

Is it supposed to look like a cheap documentary? Because if it's not, i dont want to see it. I saw bits, and visually, it looked pretty bad.

The films look is a part of what makes a film good IMO.

Yes it did have a documentary feel to it, not sure why they went with that being honest :dunno

Did it work? Not really

Did it ruin my enjoyment of this film? Not at all, the performances and the carefully crafted look at flawed and all-too human behaviour makes this a must see imo

I can't watch films that look like that. It's too distracting for me.

I couldn't stand watching Public Enemies or Miami Heat because of the look.

I dunno...I have 3 things that for me, make a great film. Characters. Story. And Cinematography.

I'll let those slide for dumb fun action movies, but yeah. IMO.

I dunno...I have 3 things that for me, make a great film. Characters. Story. And Cinematography.

I'll let those slide for dumb fun action movies, but yeah. IMO.

I completely agree with you but it is a shame to dismiss this

Yes it did have a documentary feel to it, not sure why they went with that being honest :dunno

Im assuming you mean Miami Vice? .. and referring to Michael Mann's direction ....?
.... and saying they looked like cheap documentaries??? ... really ? ... :monkey1

Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation - 5/10. Hadn't seen this one in awhile. It still doesn't make sense to me.

Mask Maker - 6.5/10. A Texas Chainsaw and F13 rip off. Kills aren't anything special and the killer is pretty average but it's an OK slasher flick.

Drive - 9/10

It makes wear a leather gloves while driving. :lol

Need to get those bad @$$ jacket @ Steady as well. :panic:

Gladiator: 8/10
I still think its a bit overrated, but no denying its a lot of fun to watch.

Platoon: 9/10
Been a loooong time since I last saw this, really forgot how good it was and now many great actors are in it.

The trilogy Red Riding. 10/10 Saw all three yesterday. Very well done and interesting story on crime and corruption in northern England during the 70's, early 80's. It's from a novel that I believe was based on some factual events. Well acted and full of suspense...though there were times when I had a bit of trouble with the strong accents.

red-riding-trilogy-afm.jpg

Last edited:

Im assuming you mean Miami Vice? .. and referring to Michael Mann's direction ....?
.... and saying they looked like cheap documentaries??? ... really ? ... :monkey1

Yeah...I dont know why I said Miami Heat....:dunno

But yeah, this is what I mean...look at this...

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIuZU9dlIqA[/ame]

It just doesn't have the look of a film made in hollywood. It's just off putting to me. Some people dont mind it I guess, but I do.

Especially this...

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_4S_-cr9Rs[/ame]

Yeah, Michael Mann frustrates me with his current style. Im all for digital cameras...but there is a setting, and a look that seperates film, from home video.

David Fincher is a great digital filmmaker. As is Robert Rodriguez. Some can use the technology perfectly, but others use in a waythat looks like someone who doesn't know how to photograph films. But I digress.

Back