Robertobagg10collection Thread 'NEW UPDATE' CUSTOM CHROMED IRON MAN SS COMIQUETTE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread *Customised Repaint of the Iron Man Mark III 1:1 B

I appear to have upset a few fellow freaksters by purchasing a recast...i share your thoughts Sarv and believe its worth getting a recast especially when you know your going to customise it and especially when your gonna save $1300. I certainly dont plan on purchasing more recasts, its just that i was desperate to get my hands on that Mark III bust! Oh well, you cant make everyone happy all the time :dunno

Well other people are not giving you $1300 to buy an original bust which you can customize as you want. It is your hard earned money and if I were you (good at customizing), I would not have painted a $1300 bust for sure. I would rather prefer getting a recast and then painting it. Because at the end it is for your personal collection and not for sale. So have fun customizing it and do not worry of making everyone or anyone happy.
23lo1vr.gif

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread *Customised Repaint of the Iron Man Mark III 1:1 B

Well other people are not giving you $1300 to buy an original bust which you can customize as you want. It is your hard earned money and if I were you (good at customizing), I would not have painted a $1300 bust for sure. I would rather prefer getting a recast and then painting it. Because at the end it is for your personal collection and not for sale. So have fun customizing it and do not worry of making everyone or anyone happy.
23lo1vr.gif

Thanks Sarvesh, wise words from a wise man :1-1: on a brighter note I have an announcement to make. I know alot of freaks were enquiring about my Maquettes I was selling... Well, Today I have sold my Iron Man and War Machine custom 1/4 scale maquettes after only advertising them for a day. It was actually sold outside of eBay which was a relief and I can say that they have gone to a home where they'll be well looked after and cherished. Very sad to see them go but with Sideshows announcement earlier in the year of releasing a 1:2 scale Iron Man Mark 1 and other Iron Man Maquettes in1/4 scale, I'll be first on the list to Pre order them...

UPDATE:

Okay guys, about 24 hours away from completion of the custom Iron Man 1:1 Mar III bust so pics should be up shortly. As it stands I think its very close to the original bust from Sideshow so any feedback is most welcomed....see you soon :)

Looking Forward to Pic's on the Bust and Congrats on your Sad Sale; Robert

Fantastic job on all the dioramas! :rock Also, looking forward to see what you have done with the IM Bust.

Hi guys, before i load up some pics of my custom Iron Man repaint, i just wanted to show you all some pics of the Iron Man and War machine maquettes new home. I sold them last week and the new owner is absolutely delighted...here are his pics...by the way, look out for the custom 1/4 Hulk!

View attachment 54269

View attachment 54270

View attachment 54271

View attachment 54272

View attachment 54273

I know this Collection, it's Jon's, I thought they looked familiar to me; Robert, he's playing with lighting right now for them

They looked awesome and that hulk wow its a monster hope the sideshow one has that presence

bring on the bust :)

I know this Collection, it's Jon's, I thought they looked familiar to me; Robert, he's playing with lighting right now for them

That's right Colossus! He's a top guy and really happy my Maquettes went to a good home.

They looked awesome and that hulk wow its a monster hope the sideshow one has that presence

bring on the bust :)

His Hulk is phenomenal...when he sent me that pic I was blown away! Your right, I can't wait for the Hulk maquette to arrive next year...

Okay...at long last here are pics of my latest completed project...my custom Iron Man Mark III 1:1 Bust. So as some of you may know, i had won this recast of Sideshows Mark III bust from eBay for around $214 but was later refunded a further $100 due to delays in shipping caused by the Chinese New Year, so all in all it cost me approx. $114 for the bust. The bust arrived in good condition but the paint application was extremely poor and needed to be repainted...in some cases parts of the bust had been left unpainted, notably on the collar part...on the plus side it came with working LED light up eyes and they looked perfect! Here are some shots of when i recieved it and how dull the colour was....

View attachment 54281

View attachment 54282

View attachment 54283

View attachment 54284

View attachment 54285

and once the gold had been added and the silver collars straps and port holes were filled in, it was all completed...so here is how the bust now looks...i still cant believe this has cost me nore more than $114! Im a massive fan of the Mark II and missed out on it first time round, so this is a very welcomed addition to my ever increasing Iron Man collection...thanks for looking and enjoy the pics :wave

View attachment 54287

View attachment 54288

View attachment 54289

View attachment 54290

View attachment 54291

Looks pretty cool. The difference is easily noticeable.

Sweet Score and Repaint; Robert + Pic's

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread *FINAL PICS Repaint of the Iron Man Mark III 1:1 B

Looks awesome once again great job

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread *FINAL PICS Repaint of the Iron Man Mark III 1:1 B

Great repaint you did. It looks alot better now and congrats on the sweet score.

Looks pretty cool. The difference is easily noticeable.

Sweet Score and Repaint; Robert + Pic's

Looks awesome once again great job

Great repaint you did. It looks alot better now and congrats on the sweet score.

Thanks very much guys for your thoughts....really happy with the finish. Think i've deserved a well earnt rest over the Christmas holidays so no projects until the new year:yess: however, that doesnt mean that there wont be anymore purchases...still looking to get a Mark II 1:1 aswell as a Lord of Darkness 1:1 bust...

Back