Robertobagg10collection Thread 'NEW UPDATE' CUSTOM CHROMED IRON MAN SS COMIQUETTE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread 'NEW UPDATE' CUSTOM YAVIN BASE V2 FOR THE DROIDS P

Looks great my friend. I ordered the new bruce lee too :)

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread COMING SOON NEW CUSTOM YAVIN BASE FOR THE DROI...

u5enyzy6.jpg

Niiiice! That's pretty badass, Andy! :rock:rock

Congrats, brother! :duff

RobertoBagg10's Display Thread 'NEW UPDATE' CUSTOM YAVIN BASE V2 FOR THE DROI...

wou nice ideat:clap

Thanks brother :hi5:

very nice base andy..I'm sure your forthcoming ''hall of mirrors'' dio will look splendid..(unless I beat you to it):lol

:lol I'm hoping we'll both have the same one Chris ;) that's if James can work his mirror magic!!! :yess: :lol Thanks for the kind words buddy :)

Looks great my friend. I ordered the new bruce lee too :)

Thanks Yoga :hi5: and massive congrats on the Bruce Lee order :rock I missed out on the first GOD statue so this new one is definitely not getting away! :yess:

Niiiice! That's pretty badass, Andy! :rock:rock

Congrats, brother! :duff

Thanks brother Mark! :hi5: but that's the old base! :lol :lol This is the new one ;)

u7emybud.jpg

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread 'NEW UPDATE' CUSTOM YAVIN BASE V2 FOR THE DROIDS P

Looks the dogs knackers that does mate. :clap

I liked your original Yavin base but this one is, like you say more movie accurate. At least your 100% happy with them now, that's the most important thing.

Wicked update buddy. This is how they should have been released IMO. Congratulations :). Also love the custom deadpool stuff. One of my favorite PFs in my collection.!

Wow first off that Bruce Lee is a killer piece! I may to start collecting on some action heroes. I would love to have Lee figure, but I would also love an Eric Draven 1/4 scale, I won't deny that Brandon Lee also was fantastic, love those two guys, so young :(

A Hall of Mirrors would certainly be an amazing piece to add, especially with such an iconic scene. Definitely fitting, brother!

Like Jedi though, lol, kind of wished it wasn't 700 :lol, hopefully that changes! :rock:rock

As for the steps, that TOTALLY makes a HUGE difference. Love it! :rock

Why Sideshow also doesn't make sense with their bases, well I don't know :dunno

But I must hand it to them because those DC Bases....:thud

If I ever manage to get a set of C3PO and R2, I'll probably try and go for a Tattooine base, love the idea of "battle" damage :love, would look pretty cool after landing from their escape pod to find Ben, or when they go to Jabba for Han with a message :wink1

Andy, you got killer ideas for Bruce, and that Yavin-4 base is fantastic, great job Jed! :hi5::clap

I simply cannot wait to see that Hall of Armours! :panic::rock:rock:rock

Great set as always brother! :wave

That base looks great!

I liked the look of the your original base more but this one is more screen accurate so it's a toss up for me.

Nice new base Roberto, they looks amazing on it ! Can't wait for my SSC R2-D2 and C3PO too !

Congrats !

Looks awesome !
Glad you dig it. :)

I will post some of these pics on my Kraftwerk facebook and also my Kraftwerk thread here on SSF.

For the other people who are interested in getting custom diorama base made weather it's for your statue or your 1/6 scale figures, don't be shy to contact me.
Update Your Browser | Facebook

great work! the new base looks awesome!

I am the proud owner of the original (thanks again!) and now all I need are the exclusive droids!

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread COMING SOON NEW CUSTOM YAVIN BASE FOR THE DROIDS P

Did you seriously not hear about this new Bruce Lee statue bro? :horror you must've seen their Game of Death statue?

3unu8ara.jpg

That was awesome too but cancelled my order in the end :( no way I'm passing up this new Enter the Dragon statue :panic: this movie is so iconic for me and for Bruce, as it was his last recorded movie he starred in :(

I remember their GoD statue but passing on that was easy as I never considered it to be a true Lee movie. Now Enter the Dragon on the other hand is a totally different story. It takes me back to my early childhood and memories of me watching movies with my dad. My favourite Lee movie ever (Big Boss is a close second Lol) and its hard but I'd like a 1/6th scale Lee so I can pose him. I might pick this up maaaaybe. Damn you Andy

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

Congrats on the new base! I liked your old one but this looks much better.

Congrats on the new base! I liked your old one but this looks much better.

Thanks buddy :hi5: it's funny cos there are split opinions on which are people's favourite base out of my two customs...they are both very cool but in the end I wanted something a little more movie accurate so hence why I had the new one made :)

I remember their GoD statue but passing on that was easy as I never considered it to be a true Lee movie. Now Enter the Dragon on the other hand is a totally different story. It takes me back to my early childhood and memories of me watching movies with my dad. My favourite Lee movie ever (Big Boss is a close second Lol) and its hard but I'd like a 1/6th scale Lee so I can pose him. I might pick this up maaaaybe. Damn you Andy

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

:lol no worries bro :) I'm sure I can tempt you into so many more pieces in the future! :exactly: :lol totally agree with all your points regarding the 'ETD' movie...that's one of my all time Brucey favourites :rock Dude, you just gotta get this piece! :thud:

great work! the new base looks awesome!

I am the proud owner of the original (thanks again!) and now all I need are the exclusive droids!

Hey Sanj! many congrats bro :clap it would seem as though a lot of fellow freaks prefer the original custom base, which you now have safely in your clutches :lol so now you just need those damn droids!!! :gah:

Looks good, Andy. The old base looked good, too...you could rotate them between the two.

After cancelling my Blitzway Bruce Lee 'Game of Death' 1/3 Statue due to other commitments, it would seem as though it was a blessing in disguise as today I finally pre ordered Blitzways latest addition to the Bruce Lee 1/3 family....the 'Enter the Dragon' Exclusive Statue :yess: Really happy to finally be adding a Bruce Lee statue to the collection as I've always been tempted by the Enterbay 1/4 version.

This statue will come with the Exclusive (Claw Hand from the movie) and already my brain is in motion to create a 'Hall of Mirrors' Diorama background to fit snugly behind the base :)

u2y7azu3.jpg

P.S. Finally tomorrow I will reveal my new Custom 'Yavin' Theme Base for my R2D2 and C3PO Premium Format Exclusive :)

I'm all over this one too Andy. The likeness is spot on and when I think of Bruce Lee, this movie comes to mind, so iconic. I love 80's movie stuff and this is one I can't pass up, no way bro.

Wow, I love your Yavin base. The multiple steps really makes a huge difference, it creates a scene. Great inspiration on coming up with this idea and then making it even better. One day I will own these PFs, once SS re-releases them again :rotfl

Re: RobertoBagg10's Display Thread COMING SOON NEW CUSTOM YAVIN BASE FOR THE DROI...

Hey guys, another new update this week and this time its for yet another custom base I had commissioned by a great guy and fellow freak who's dioramic work caught my eye. You may know him as Jedster here on the forums and if you haven't seen some of his work then I recommend you check it out cos his work awesome!

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...diorama-base-robocop-dio-89-batman-vault.html

So basically Jed helped me out in building a new custom 'Yavin' themed base for my R2D2 and C3PO Premium Format Exclusive...as some of you may already know, I already had a custom base built for my droids late last year I think it was and although it looked great, here's a quick pic :)

yqu9epy6.jpg

zyrutamy.jpg

However, I still felt that I could make it slightly more movie accurate and more importantly, I wanted to dramatize the base slightly further by adding another step to the stairways (as you'll see below in the reveal pics). Now, to go back to the initial reason for me originally building a custom base for my Droids PF Exclusive was because Sideshow had once again committed a massive boo-boo by firstly splitting these two iconic character onto two separate bases (unlike the regular 'dirty' version which has them displayed together) and those two bases were 'supposedly' meant to represent the 'Yavin' Medal Ceremony scene at the end of Episode IV A New Hope.

So basically this Is a pic taken from the 'Yavin' scene of the movie....

uzata9a4.jpg

....and here is a pic of what those of us who purchased the Exclusive version received...:huh :cuckoo: :gah:

u6yze3uq.jpg

Yep, its crazy isn't it!!!! To this day we are still trying to work out what on earth is remotely 'Yavin' themed about these Sideshow bases :dunno Sideshow unsurprisingly have yet to explain this....hmmmmmm :huh Now ever since the announcement of these Droids being put up on Pre Order, I always knew that I wanted the shiny version as opposed to the more weathered regular version, so when I found out that the Exclusive version would feature separate bases and then realise that the bases were not 'Yavin' themed at all, my heart truly sank :( This was when I decided to turn to some expert sculptors/painter/customisers to help me build my own 'yavin' themed base :)

So I put this project to Jed and he gratefully accepted and so I sent him all the dimensions and measurements to get this new base underway and in a matter of a few weeks....a new 'Yavin' themed base was born :)

8u7ava2u.jpg

zumyza3y.jpg

hyny8y2y.jpg

y3uhe9uv.jpg

As I had imagined in my head, the inclusion of an added step totally made the difference for me and now I can finally rest and proudly display my shiny Droids the way I had imagined them looking. I present to you my new shiny Droids Display :)

u5yga5eh.jpg

upu2u2an.jpg

ugy9u6u9.jpg

ytuhy9ut.jpg

tuga4ebe.jpg

2eveja2e.jpg

I've tried to take as good a pics that I could with my iphone but to see it inhand is truly amazing and the concrete effect of the stairs is just so detailed and realistic. Jed totally blew this base out od the park! :clap

And finally a pic of the dynamic duo displayed in my glass display case, although it was so hard to take a decent pic with all the reflections of the room and the glare coming from the glass :( but you get the idea...

7adupy5y.jpg

Hope you like the pics guys and once again thanks for all your great feedback and comments...its always appreciated and certainly heartfelt to have such great people/collectors following and supporting my journey aswell as sharing my collection with you all :wave

P.S. Coming up in a few days time, the WIP pics for my Iron Man MKVII LSF Hall of Armour background display which is currently at 80% :yess:

Congrats Andy it looks great, especially in that display case! :clap

Looks great, older base was nice but the new one really suits the droids more.

Looks the dogs knackers that does mate. :clap
I liked your original Yavin base but this one is, like you say more movie accurate. At least your 100% happy with them now, that's the most important thing.

Hey Simon, thanks so much for your kind words buddy :hi5: Yea, was really happy with the way the first base worked out but just wanted to make it more movie accurate as I'm hoping to build up my SW collection with the imminent PO of the Boba Fett PF tomorrow and then hopefully adding Vader to the list after. At present I only have the Droids and a Stormtrooper PF in my collection :(

Wicked update buddy. This is how they should have been released IMO. Congratulations :). Also love the custom deadpool stuff. One of my favorite PFs in my collection.!

Thanks so much Nabil :hi5: glad you like it bro :) Always nice to complete a display and the crappy Sideshow bases just totally let this piece down for me. As for Deadpool, I've seen your cool review on the X-Force version and you did a great job! Massive congrats :clap

Wow first off that Bruce Lee is a killer piece! I may to start collecting on some action heroes. I would love to have Lee figure, but I would also love an Eric Draven 1/4 scale, I won't deny that Brandon Lee also was fantastic, love those two guys, so young :(

A Hall of Mirrors would certainly be an amazing piece to add, especially with such an iconic scene. Definitely fitting, brother!

Like Jedi though, lol, kind of wished it wasn't 700 :lol, hopefully that changes! :rock:rock

As for the steps, that TOTALLY makes a HUGE difference. Love it! :rock

Why Sideshow also doesn't make sense with their bases, well I don't know :dunno

But I must hand it to them because those DC Bases....:thud

If I ever manage to get a set of C3PO and R2, I'll probably try and go for a Tattooine base, love the idea of "battle" damage :love, would look pretty cool after landing from their escape pod to find Ben, or when they go to Jabba for Han with a message :wink1

Andy, you got killer ideas for Bruce, and that Yavin-4 base is fantastic, great job Jed! :hi5::clap

I simply cannot wait to see that Hall of Armours! :panic::rock:rock:rock

Great set as always brother! :wave

Hey Carlos, great post bro :clap Yea, the Bruce Lee is a great looking piece and I was so close to purchasing the GOD statue to my collection but unfortunately had to cancel :( This new ETD statue just looks the bomb! Price was always gonna be a little on the high side due to the scale of it but you know that what you receive inhand will look worthy of the huge price tag :) Thanks so much again for your kind words and support bro, means a lot and I hope to get those WIP Hall of Armour pics up soon ;)

That base looks great!

Thanks buddy :hi5:

I liked the look of the your original base more but this one is more screen accurate so it's a toss up for me.

Thanks for the comments Dave :) Yea, I think in the end I was wanting something more movie accurate so I'm more than happy with the overall look now :)

Nice new base Roberto, they looks amazing on it ! Can't wait for my SSC R2-D2 and C3PO too !

Congrats !

Thanks my friend :) Have you also ordered the PF? Trying to find one nowadays for a good price is pretty rare....and that's just the regular version :horror

Looks awesome !
Glad you dig it. :)

I will post some of these pics on my Kraftwerk facebook and also my Kraftwerk thread here on SSF.

For the other people who are interested in getting custom diorama base made weather it's for your statue or your 1/6 scale figures, don't be shy to contact me.
Update Your Browser | Facebook

Great work Jed :clap and thanks for all your help :hi5: I'm pretty sure i'll be back soon with some new project ideas ;)

Back