Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to stay home tomorrow and take care of my eldest who is running a temperature...but I brought some work to do at home. Yuck.

Taking care of the kids is always a priority. Hopefully, he'll feel better tomorrow. Then you'll be able to focus on pile of work you brought home. :pow

Last edited:

I also "haired up" the chest of that ape I've been working on... what do you think so far? :angelsmil

Angel-the sculpted arm hair looks pretty cool.Can't wait to see it finished.I've seen a few mego customs of Julius with furry arms/sleeves....just doesn't look right unless there's is a furry head to match.

Thanks enaud - Some folks seem to like the furry hair. I don't. I thought I'd experiment by doing it the opposite way... "plastic hair". It's looking much better than I planned. :)

Jessica - I don't recall seeing this picture of yours before. I just stumbled upon it in your photo album over at the Yahoo POTA website. Taylor looks great... I can't help but think of his trek through the forbidden zone as I look at it. Love the shadow that he is casting! :cool:

Last edited:
Kfog--I think the brown sweater material I found at the fabric store is closer in color, as it does not look "gold" as this guy's sweater does. The pants look great, though, except for those patches. Can they be removed?

Can you tell what type of material the pants are made out of? They look like some kind of polyester, but without feeling it, I can't really tell.

Thanks enaud - Some folks seem to like the furry hair. I don't. I thought I'd experiment by doing it the opposite way... "plastic hair". It's looking much better than I planned. :)

Jessica - I don't recall seeing this picture of yours before. I just stumbled upon it in your photo album over at the Yahoo POTA website. Taylor looks great... I can't help but think of his trek through the forbidden zone as I look at it. Love the shadow that he is casting! :cool:

Thanks, Angel and Sticks. I was trying to be "creative" when I was taking photographs. The backpack was harder to make than I thought. I should have made it a solid Apoxie which would have been easier, but I reckoned the weight would pull Taylor down and he would forever be like an upturned turtle if he had all that weight to bear on his back. It's actually made out of a file folder that I cut up and taped together while trying to stay awake from boredom at the office.

Last edited:
Jess, they look to be real patches and can be removed. They can be replaced with more film accurate patches. Your right about the material, but it is darker than pictured.:confused:

Oh, the pants look to be a soft cotton material. Almost like felt, but not quite.

Thanks, Angel and Sticks. I was trying to be "creative" when I was taking photographs. The backpack was harder to make than I thought. I should have made it a solid Apoxie, but it's actually made out of a file folder that I cut up while trying to stay awake from boredom at the office.

I just love the blue part and the little rivets. It photographs very well Jessica. :clap

Kfog--I think the brown sweater material I found at the fabric store is closer in color, as it does not look "gold" as this guy's sweater does. The pants look great, though, except for those patches. Can they be removed?

Can you tell what type of material the pants are made out of? They look like some kind of polyester, but without feeling it, I can't really tell.

I like the patches for slave clothes but not for Burke or Virdon. They remind of the type of clothes the slaves wore in the tv episode with Marc Singer

I like the patches for slave clothes but not for Burke or Virdon. They remind of the type of clothes the slaves wore in the tv episode with Marc Singer

Hi Sticks. I have always thought that the Midevil clothes go with the TV series humans.

Good night, Sticks. Hope you are better soon. I hate hospital visits--they take longer than you want them to take.

The "blue part" of the backpack is a reflection of the sky on the aluminum tape. The "rivets" are pinholes I punched through the aluminum tape. I was going to buy the Hasbro backpack but then I thought about it again because I didn't like the plastic looking orange backpack straps. The orange straps, as Duane knows, is white ribbon that I colored with orange permanent marker.

Here's a bigger photo:
1Taylor040.jpg

Last edited:
Back