Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yesterday I sewed a cape for a Mego. I don't think I did such a hot job, so I may re-do it. There are two more mini-items left for this customer, so I think I can finish it today and mail it out tomorrow. That way, I can start on Snick's sewing.

Today I'm going to repaint the appliance and prep all of it, concentrating on folding and smoothing out all the edges so that it is easier to apply. Hopefully I will do a better job on the fourth time around. When is the next con? I'm dying to go under the goo again.

3540558516_9708fdfbfa.jpg

From Wonderfest 2009, Louisville

So...for the uninformed, what the heck is this? Is it Sideshow? Is it one of those models? Looking at the gorilla again it looks like one of those models.

Last edited:
Congrats, JediBear, for placing among the winners of the latest photo contest.

I recognized some of your photographs.

:fireworks:fireworks:fireworks

So...for the uninformed, what the heck is this? Is it Sideshow? Is it one of those models? Looking at the gorilla again it looks like one of those models.

That looks like Jeff (V's Kyle Bates) Yagher's BTPOTA model. Would love to get soem of his heads available for 1:6 customs.
Jess, I realize your busy with all these wonderful projects but was wondering if the robe pattern or Burke fits in anywhere? I'm just trying to finish so much at once. I'm spread out all over throughout a ton of 1:6 sci-fi but i want to keep my POTA love alive while doing it all.
You can email me if you like.
Hopefully I'll have some new stuff to show soon.
Later!!

I found the Sideshow male body, so I will be putting the patterns to you in the mail sometime this week! As for Burke...well...I still have to tweak him. I'm not happy with how he looks. I think I'm going to just remove the extra bits I placed on his face, and then you can paint him up and he should look ok once painted. I'll let you know when I get to him.

I need to finish Snick's 3 projects first since those have been on my plate since last year before I get to Burke.

Last edited:
My 1:1 scale tricorder finally came! I have lost my Lieutenant Uhura wig since I have not worn it for over 6 years. I have ordered two wigs as a replacement. The first one totally sucks and is very horrible--I will cut it up and use it for hairing up the kid's pullover masks. The second one I have not tried on, and if it also sucks, I'm going to create my own Uhura wig. Crazy, I know...but I have to look good when I'm geared up as Uhura.

I'd love to get just the base of that kit and put my Sideshow Dr. Zaius in his Armaggedon garb on it. :naughty

Of course that would mean that I would finally pu those gummi glyphs on my figure. I just don't have the nerve to make it final. :rolleyes:

PZ, just wait until Angel finishes his base for Beneath. I know he is going to be working on something that will totally rock.

I'm still going to work on those hieroglyphs...but I also want to re-sew the entire outfit. I already have the material...just have to make the time. I'm going to try to wet leather and hammer in the design of those hieroglyphs. But I'm going to do it eventually, so help me God. Ape City slowly marches onward for me.

I'm still going to work on those hieroglyphs...but I also want to re-sew the entire outfit. I already have the material...just have to make the time. I'm going to try to wet leather and hammer in the design of those hieroglyphs. But I'm going to do it eventually, so help me God. Ape City slowly marches onward for me.

I think that is the reason why I haven't finished Zaius. The shirt I was going to use to mount the glyphs on was the Sideshow Forbidden Zone Zaius shirt with the shoulder pads removed. After seeing detailed pictures of the Zaius's BENEATH sleeves, the shirt is close... but not quite close enough. It would take a bit of altering to make it look right. Besides, the material that Sideshow used for both Zaiuses has too much brown in it to be screen accurate. You might as well start from scratch.:banghead:banghead:banghead

Plus, Dr. Zaius is not really that fit...you need to fluff up his stomach a bit with a fat suit, and then the jacket won't look right anymore. That's why I'm going to start from scratch. I'm going to sacrifice one of my jackets for this project. The orange is just perfect on my jacket, and the material is thin enough so it should work for this scale.

It's a 1/6th resin model kit, sculpted by, Jeff Yaegher.

Dave

It is a sad day for me. I had to cancel my Zaius exclusive PF. I just don't want to pay premium price for something that I still have to fix. At this point in time, I have received no verification that the jacket on the Zaius PF will be fixed to my satisfaction and if the doll will have complete legs not stumps. And why would Sideshow bother to fix something for me? Who am I anyway?

It is a sad day for me. I had to cancel my Zaius exclusive PF. I just don't want to pay premium price for something that I still have to fix. At this point in time, I have received no verification that the jacket on the Zaius PF will be fixed to my satisfaction and if the doll will have complete legs not stumps. And why would Sideshow bother to fix something for me? Who am I anyway?

Who are you, Jess? You are the one that practically by herself keeps the thread at page one!!! You one tenacious monkey! :D

As for the Zaius PF, I'm sorry you had to cancel. I understand completely. However, I'm sure that IF you change our mind down the road (like when they finally announce another piece of the line?) you would be able to pick it up eventually. The edition size is small but not that small. Perhaps you might even get it cheaper.

I, on the other hand have NO intention of cancelling the PF. I will be posting a whole bunch of pictures when I receive it and give it a thorough review of the product for this thread. I'll try to be impartial. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Plus, Dr. Zaius is not really that fit...you need to fluff up his stomach a bit with a fat suit.

As for your comment about Zaius's "extended" paunch... I, frankly, resent it. Remember, Zaius wanted knowledge to stand still... unfortunately that includes the development of any "Stairmaster" or "Bio-Flex" technologies that would have helped the poor doctor to stay fit. Please keep this in mind for future postings... it's borderline heresy.

And... besides, that paunch is one of the few things that me and the good doctor have in common. :monkey2 :monkey2:monkey2

Here is another.
planete-des-singes-1968-13-g.jpg

A little different from what I found before:
planet-37-300dpi.jpg

And another.
4-1.jpg

A whole nest of them:
ASS6.jpg

Last edited:
Cinema Secrets Reports Burglary of
John Chambers Plastic Cap Materials

Burbank, CA - June 11, 2009 - Maurice Stein announced today that the John Chambers Plastic Cap Manufacturing Inventory was stolen from the Cinema Secrets Lab sometime between the 5th and the 8th of June. Also taken was a 20' diesel Cargo Truck, Halloween and seasonal merchandise, 23 original chrome and ceramic heads used in the manufacturing of the famous Chambers Caps, a 20 gallon air compressor, 50' air hose, 4 respirators, respirator filters, 3 air guns and a 5 gallon gravity pot.

History of the Chambers Merchandise

John Chambers was the original formulator of the plastic cap, which for many years was a preferred industry standard used in Hollywood. He sold the entire company to Maurice Stein in the mid 1980's. The sale included the 23 original chrome and ceramic heads, made by Chambers himself and the original compressor used by the team. Since then, Maurice has continued to make the caps until the theft a few days ago.

If you have any information regarding these materials, please call Maurice Stein at (818) 846-0579 ext 110, Tommy Cole, Business Representative with Local 706 at (818) 295-3933 ext 100, or Michael Keys, Makeup Artist Magazine at (360) 882-3488. The recovery and preservation of these artifacts mean a lot to our Makeup history, and we can only hope that they can be recovered in tact.
Anonymous callers are encouraged to call.

Please call or email:
Maurice Stein, 818-846-0579 ext 110, [email protected]
Michael Sinclair, 818-846-0579 ext 108, [email protected]
Tommy Cole, 818-295-3933 ext 100, [email protected]
Michael Key, 360-882-3488, [email protected]

Back