Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello, I thought I'd chime in and offer my support and encouragement for the amazing level of creativity on show. I can't offer any advice regarding sculpting. you guys have forgotten more than I ever knew!

Chances are if you need any reference material I may have something and I'm always happy to help.

Best
smugster

The chimp glyphs I have are for Cornelius' chest and sleeves. I've attached some photos of the gorilla glyphs, Milo head, Lucius head and Julius head.

Glad to hear about the Caesar chair. For at least six years I've wanted to get that project rolling. Now I just have to finish Caesar.

ANG - Good luck with the Ebay auction.

Wow Snick, these look great. Lucius has come to life!!

The chimp glyphs I have are for Cornelius' chest and sleeves. I've attached some photos of the gorilla glyphs, Milo head, Lucius head and Julius head.

Glad to hear about the Caesar chair. For at least six years I've wanted to get that project rolling. Now I just have to finish Caesar.

ANG - Good luck with the Ebay auction.

Ouch! That second picture really hurts my eyes -very blurry!

Cool Chimps Snickertown - Eventually, I'll have to pick up some more Sideshow Cornelius' figures just to have more chimp clothes. Let's see what could they be used for? Dr. Galen? Galen (TV Series)? Lucius? Background chimps holding signs such as "No More War!”, Background chimps in green jumpsuits from Conquest? My imagination runs amuck! :)

I just love checking this thread and reading about all the bright ideas and plans. :monkey5 You guys rock,:woo

Jungle, Did you ever solder something and have the solder fall and just splatter? I plan on using small yellow jewels on his robe and splatter some solder that has been dropped to make the embellishments on the mutant robes.

What were you going to use? :confused:

That was exactly one of the options I was considering. The other thing I was I was contemplating was to use that thick puffy fabric paint, it's kind of like a plastic. I would get it in a metallic silver. It's more flexible than the sodder.

I'm not at a point where I am going to do the robes at this time, I'm working on a different costume right now if you know what I mean.

If I were you I would experiment with both techniques on some scrap cloth to see which one work the best.

Last edited:
Hello, I thought I'd chime in and offer my support and encouragement for the amazing level of creativity on show. I can't offer any advice regarding sculpting. you guys have forgotten more than I ever knew!

Chances are if you need any reference material I may have something and I'm always happy to help.

Best
smugster

Welcome to Ape Central Smugster!

We have a lot of talented people here. The guys have a lot of great ideas and we tend to inspire each other to greater heights of creativity!

Again welcome, don't be afraid to chime in when the mood hits you.

Hey Snick...

I'd be really interested in getting that wonderful Luscius head when the time comes!

I'll just need some advice on how to attach it to a Cornelius body!

That was exactly one of the options I was considering. The other thing I was I was contemplating was to use that thick puffy fabric paint, it's kind of like a plastic. I would get it in a metallic silver. It's more flexible than the sodder.

I'm not at a point where I am going to do the robes at this time, I'm working on a different costume right now if you know what I mean.

If I ware you I would experiment with both techniques on some scrap cloth to see which one work the best.

I really like the flexibility aspect of the puffy fabric paint JJ. On the downside it needs crinkles in it. Maybe I'll try mixing in some crinkled aluminum foil. It sounds like one big experiment when the time comes... and it's a coming soon! :)

You have to talk with the wife about making a Mendez robe for some cash. I don't forsee her into trading ape stuff.

SNICK - The wife isn't interested in any trades with you unless you have some Raggedy Ann stuff in your collection... Do you have Raggedy Ann stuff in your secret collection?

Last edited:

Best
smugster

Welcome to SMUGSTER, it's always great to recruit new blood for our Ape Army!

I really like the flexibility aspect of the puffy fabric paint JJ. On the downside it needs crinkles in it. Maybe I'll try mixing in some crinkled aluminum foil. It sounds like one big experiment when the time comes... and it's a coming soon! :)

You mean like seer sucker material that candy striper nurses wear. That is a crinkled like material.:cool:

There is one Lucius head cast left. It has a bunch of air bubbles in it. I'm sure Matt S. could get this head fixed up if you want to give it a shot. The mold literally broke when I pulled the head out. I wouldn't charge you for it but if you want to make some Zira clothes that would be cool.

JUNGLE - Have SNICK send the broken Lucius head to me and I'll fix it up for you. While it's here, I'll make a new mold after fixing it. Piece of cake. :)

SNICK - Why do you need more Zira Clothes? Are you making some female chimps? :confused:

Back