SHIN GODZILLA - Toho Studios To Return to Godzilla in 2016!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GODZILLA RESURGENCE - Toho Studios To Return to Godzilla in 2016!

bikoea.jpg

I'd be more excited if it didn't have such a CG, lethargic Attack on Titan vibe to it...

I hope this is just a bad joke by some fan because it looks ****ing terrible.
I really hope so...

Probably is. There was nothing wrong with the design of the last Godzilla... might of been the only thing they did right in it. This one has a cartoon eye.

:lol wouldn't be the first cookie monster zilla

image.jpeg

No. But I like this. It gives off a traditional japanese art style. A lot of old japanese art depicting demons and dragons had similar eyes. Looking forward to more

Is this even being tied to the last movie? If it's not, I can see why a change would happen.

You mean Final Wars? I doubt it. This is probably a complete reboot with maybe a few references to the 1954 film. Not too sure. Likely won't have any ties to the 2014 film either if that's what you're talking about. Although If I remember right GMK references the 1998 american zilla film. Once of the characters mentions that america was attacked by a monster but no one could confirm it was Godzilla. So I guess a passing mention is possible

Oh, I meant the Cranston film. I'm not familiar with the franchise outside of the two Murica versions :lol

I'll get over his appearance, if he actually appears in the film for more than 10 minutes.

Oh, I meant the Cranston film. I'm not familiar with the franchise outside of the two Murica versions :lol

I'll get over his appearance, if he actually appears in the film for more than 10 minutes.

Oh ok. Yeah this is a toho produced Godzilla film. The Cranston Godzilla film won't get a sequel until 2018

The only thing I don't like is the eye, but he does looked jacked up from possible nuclear radiation.

I think he looks scary, I'm really digging it.

Those razor sharp teeth! :google

It looks very creepy, in a trashy way. Not intimidating in the slightest.

I hope this is just a bad joke by some fan because it looks ****ing terrible.
I really hope so...

I'm with you. I know it's just one pic, but this could be really bad.

I don't mind the eye so much as the inconsistent teeth. Don't get me wrong, small or needle-narrow teeth aren't an issue for me, but these look too random. Perhaps that's what they were going for.

The other thing that nags at me is the multitude of small facial muscles. I'd rather have a few larger, discrete ones than several random ones that are over-textured.

And why does the mouth go so far back? Does this even have a skull to give it structure and shape or is it a toothed turd?

tl;dr -- maybe I've been spoiled by the other designs, but I would've liked to see something more streamlined. Hoping the merchandise takes some artistic license to make that happen. :lol

This was perfect opportunity to go back to Heisei visual stile, the best one of them all.
If they indeed went with this bigger and uglier variation of 1954 classic... I'd ****ing lose my ****!

If they had stuck closer to the '54 concept art they were inspired by, I'd be okay. But it's clear what their real influences were.

eie5ovpmvedaodoyzsku.png

attack-on-titan-live-action-movie.jpeg

maxresdefault.jpg

I can even see him lumbering around like a digitally-imposed zombie drenched in CG effects and post-production lighting. Everything has to look like an anime film these days...

I don't mind the eye so much as the inconsistent teeth. Don't get me wrong, small or needle-narrow teeth aren't an issue for me, but these look too random. Perhaps that's what they were going for.

The other thing that nags at me is the multitude of small facial muscles. I'd rather have a few larger, discrete ones than several random ones that are over-textured.

And why does the mouth go so far back? Does this even have a skull to give it structure and shape or is it a toothed turd?

tl;dr -- maybe I've been spoiled by the other designs, but I would've liked to see something more streamlined. Hoping the merchandise takes some artistic license to make that happen. :lol

I'm kind of glad thy didn't go with a more streamlined G. I like the idea that Godzilla is a gnarled abhorrent mutation. The teeth though I agree. They look great, but I think there's just too many. Looks like theres really tiny ones growing out of his lip almost like a peach fuzz mustache. I get teeth growing out of control and into strange positions...but maybe they went a little overboard.

Official teaser trailer...

Back