SHIN GODZILLA - Toho Studios To Return to Godzilla in 2016!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GODZILLA RESURGENCE - Toho Studios To Return to Godzilla in 2016!

Ill take 12!

:lol :lol

Well, this certainly looks like it will be the best camera-work of any Godzilla movie. TOHO certainly took some pointers from Legendary Pictures' Godzilla on top of grabbing the director/creator of Neon Genesis Evangelion.

I don't know how I feel about this Godzilla's look. The red, exposed flesh on top of the "zombie-look" makes him look like he's in constant pain, which could come into play with the story and if it's true that essentially he's suffering from such massive radiation burns and sickness/mutation that I can understand where they were going with it. I'm not a fan of the tiny T-Rex arms, they could've proportioned them a little better but they do contribute to the 'sickly' look of Godzilla. What bothers me the most is his long dildo-tail, it looks so ridiculously unnatural just wobbling all around in the trailers.

It's pretty wild when you juxtapose his tiny arms/hand with his super long tail.

That is quite the constrast.

I love everything about him and yes, his super long tail flopping around in that trailer looks insane. :lol

I wonder if his arms will grow longer. :lol

:lol :lol

It's pretty wild when you juxtapose his tiny arms/hand with his super long tail.

That is quite the constrast.

I love everything about him and yes, his super long tail flopping around in that trailer looks insane. :lol

I wonder if his arms will grow longer. :lol

youre alright in my book Jye!:wink1::wink1:

:lol

For the fans looking for wrestling monster battles it's going to be pretty hard with those little arms, let's see if this movie turns out to be another atomic breath spamming movie.

I can't believe this isn't a joke.
You and me both, my friend. :monkey2

_

tumblr_o5pjrrZLjc1qcqjsdo1_1280.jpg
giphy.gif

So the trailer looked fine. Some good POV shots from people on the ground. I hope it offers a little more then Godzilla walking and watching buildings explode. It just looks like every other G-Film. Not a bad thing mind you but its been done so many times.

To my understanding this is just one look of G in the film right. it's like he finally regenerated after being killed by the Oxygen destroyer for 1954. If that is the case I am fine with this look. If this is how he will look for the whole film then it's a bit of a disappointment. However I think he looks much better in motion then he dies in stills.

As for the arms.. I think they are supposed to be a more skeletal / underdeveloped versions of the 1954 version.

Godzilla_Legendary_52012-620x267.jpg

Imagine if his final form is an exact 54 in cgi. :lol

How would fans feel about that?

I really don't have an issue with his look in this trailer. In fact I like it better then G:FW and the Millennium series G suits. I am starting to dig it actually.

『シン・ゴジラ�予告_3.jpg

『シン・ゴジラ�予告_4.jpg
I like this shot of the tail a lot.

『シン・ゴジラ�予告_12.jpg
These two shots are Godzilla... Nothing to really complain about here IMO.

『シン・ゴジラ�予告_13.jpg

The rest look fine also.

『シン・ゴジラ�予告_19.jpg

『シン・ゴジラ�予告_29.jpg

『シン・ゴジラ�予告_38.jpg

Now I get why people don't like it. Especially if this is the best they can come up with after all this time. I can see looking at it that way.
On the other hand I think it looks classic and some of those shots look really cool.

If this is his look for the whole film I think I will be a bit let down because I would prefer to see a more classic look. Of course this is a fairly original take and sometimes the suit is all we have to differentiate the films :lol

The tail is the only thing that bugs me. Its so long.

I really don't have an issue with his look in this trailer. In fact I like it better then G:FW and the Millennium series G suits. I am starting to dig it actually.

View attachment 258891

View attachment 258892
I like this shot of the tail a lot.

View attachment 258893
These two shots are Godzilla... Nothing to really complain about here IMO.

View attachment 258894

The rest look fine also.

View attachment 258895

View attachment 258896

View attachment 258897

Now I get why people don't like it. Especially if this is the best they can come up with after all this time. I can see looking at it that way.
On the other hand I think it looks classic and some of those shots look really cool.

If this is his look for the whole film I think I will be a bit let down because I would prefer to see a more classic look. Of course this is a fairly original take and sometimes the suit is all we have to differentiate the films :lol

the only thing that is bugging me is that it reminds me of a Piranha too much (specially the eyes)

201002-w-attacks-piranha.jpg

The tail is the only thing that bugs me. Its so long.

I dont mind the length but the fact that it doesnt end pointy is freaking me out :lol

90's Zilla imo did too, I don't see problem tbh. :dunno
1. 90's Zilla is a French T-rex

2. Heisei G's tail was proportioned to the body and wasn't in the air all the freakin' time :lol

I won't say they're exactly alike, but the new Godzilla is closer than any previous design to this image:

tumblr_inline_mo6jb1k6Bq1qz4rgp.jpg

I really don't get why people are shocked that he can be portrayed as such. In the 50's, the 54 suit was supposed to convey that this monster was a victim and a mutation that has gone horribly wrong. In the 60s-2000s he looked very...adjusted...in the sense that he might have been a giant monster but he looked healthy and natural. For this movie they went with the idea that he was a bastardized species by mankind and everyday lives as a creature that is grotesque and has obviously not adjusted to its life nor is he healthy. This is a take on how he really should be. I don't like everything about the suit but Godzilla over the years looked less and less like a victim of a horrible weapon and just like a rare species that evolved normally.

This works! Now if the sfx and the execution don't suck that's even better.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I'm not going to argue with any of that, it's just that aesthetically, the design doesn't resemble classic Godzilla in the least. The proportions are definitely there, in a sense. But, it looks like he came back after being baked at the center of the sun. He also missed arm day...

I'm not going to argue with any of that, it's just that aesthetically, the design doesn't resemble classic Godzilla in the least. The proportions (sans arms) are definitely there. But, it looks like he came back after being baked at the center of the sun.

But I think that's the point, this is his first version on his path to regeneration.

But I think that's the point, this is his first version on his path to regeneration.

I guess that makes sense, if that's what Toho is going for. He does seem baked and charred, maybe it'll heal up...

Back