SHIN GODZILLA - Toho Studios To Return to Godzilla in 2016!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GODZILLA RESURGENCE - Toho Studios To Return to Godzilla in 2016!

So if this is the original godzilla. Why is he bigger than all other godzilla's before him. Even the g14

So my impression is, if this is a resurrected Gojira, one of two things explains this. The first is, it's only in story, like the events of Gojira happened, he died, now he's back, but they're not being literal in size and design, as seen by the significant differences between them.

The other option I see is, it is the original, but whatever has brought him back to life has changed him a lot, including size. They've toyed with this before, Godzilla vs King Ghidorah says that the same original dinosaur mutated by different forms of radiation takes on different size and demeanor.

They're pretty open to do what they want, but I don't get how you resurrect him, as much as I think it's a cool story idea, there was nothing left at the end of Gojira, even with Kiryu, I scratch my head how his skeleton is miraculously intact when even that faded away in the movie.

12 years have passed since the last movie, a not so good one at that, this release is nothing but super exciting for me.

exactly..

AiMlG1L.jpg

53e8060bd47d3e4a841d61c2ec7f9d4a.jpg

I don't get how you resurrect him, as much as I think it's a cool story idea, there was nothing left at the end of Gojira, even with Kiryu, I scratch my head how his skeleton is miraculously intact when even that faded away in the movie.

4486951.jpg

It would far from be the first film that ignored Godzilla little disintegrated into nothing.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

It would far from be the first film that ignored Godzilla little disintegrated into nothing.

Godzilla 85 worst of all, acting like he just limped off from the oxygen destroyer, no body, guess he lived and now he's back.

Godzilla 85 worst of all, acting like he just limped off from the oxygen destroyer, no body, guess he lived and now he's back.
Lol "no corpse was ever found"

I forget if final wars did, but 2000 implied that he regenerated I believe. Gmk was strongly implied to be the same creature. I don't remember if megaguirus did. The kiryu series obviously had a whole skeleton of 54.

This new Godzilla looks like he's been through hell though

He's been through "Attack on Titan" hell. :lol

I really don't get why people are shocked that he can be portrayed as such. In the 50's, the 54 suit was supposed to convey that this monster was a victim and a mutation that has gone horribly wrong. In the 60s-2000s he looked very...adjusted...in the sense that he might have been a giant monster but he looked healthy and natural. For this movie they went with the idea that he was a bastardized species by mankind and everyday lives as a creature that is grotesque and has obviously not adjusted to its life nor is he healthy. This is a take on how he really should be. I don't like everything about the suit but Godzilla over the years looked less and less like a victim of a horrible weapon and just like a rare species that evolved normally.

This works! Now if the sfx and the execution don't suck that's even better.

They could of still fixed the arms tho

Some people are saying the $6.00 applies to the ticket for the lottery, but the jury's out on whether a lottery actually plays into this at all. Either way, it ought to be cheaper than X-Plus if we're going off Banpresto's past stuff.

Well, this certainly looks like it will be the best camera-work of any Godzilla movie. TOHO certainly took some pointers from Legendary Pictures' Godzilla on top of grabbing the director/creator of Neon Genesis Evangelion.

I don't know how I feel about this Godzilla's look. The red, exposed flesh on top of the "zombie-look" makes him look like he's in constant pain, which could come into play with the story and if it's true that essentially he's suffering from such massive radiation burns and sickness/mutation that I can understand where they were going with it. I'm not a fan of the tiny T-Rex arms, they could've proportioned them a little better but they do contribute to the 'sickly' look of Godzilla. What bothers me the most is his long dildo-tail, it looks so ridiculously unnatural just wobbling all around in the trailers.

Back