SHIN GODZILLA - Toho Studios To Return to Godzilla in 2016!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GODZILLA RESURGENCE - Toho Studios To Return to Godzilla in 2016!

Love that bottom one!

Imagine if in Toho's new movie this is the real Godzilla and he will fight the imposter from 2014 lol.

You know, this is the first time when I prefer Hollywood's Notzilla to TOHO's Godzilla. :lol

^lol well considering how much you didn't love 2014 that's saying quite a bit

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

While overall I love Matt's style, there are features of the Shin Gojira design that don't translate well into it, like the neck.

Bob's work is just always a delight, he just always seems to know how to present Godzilla, I can't really think of a piece he's done I didn't like other than some of his kids book illustrations but those more for composition than quality and I understand why they look the way they do.

I dig the look of Shin Gojira more and more as I look at it, not as much as others, it's probably #5 in my top five, my only reservations at this point are around performance, people gripe about how slow '84 moved, so far this one seems the slowest Godzilla of all, but we got a lot of quick shots, there's a lot of room for things to be different, and even if he stays as slow, I may not mind as long as it doesn't take impact away from his presence. From the trailer, people running and panicking like in the teaser makes little sense, you've got hours to evacuate before he gets near you lol.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Thing is fugly lol

I just keep liking this design more and more, it's heavily '54 influence but also very unique.

Those pics you just posted has sold me 1,000% on him now, LOVE his head shape with how it contrasts with his body, his fins are cool and that freaking tail OMG!

In most trailer shots, all you could really see were the whites and the shot of him roaring, the eyes looked pretty crazy. It's an intense design overall and the eyes, in certain still shots, just aren't intense. I've had talks where the idea was posed how the eyes in '54, while somewhat silly looking, were also crazy looking as it was the only time he looked down at wha he was destroying, but I think we're too used to eyes wide open and looking down as seeming cartoony. In '54, there were limits, but today, you could have his upper eyelid cover some of the top to make it really feel like he's looking down so if his gaze turns up, you'll notice a change.

Not digging the size of the head compared to the rest of the body. Reminds too much of Red King.
red king.jpg

Not sure I'm liking this at the moment.
His head has this Pumpkinhead vibe going on. He appears to be zombie-like... you can see muscle tissue at his chest and arms, as if skin has wasted away, revealing the soft tissue below. Furthermore, the dorsal spines are also very porous.

I haven't read anything related to the plot/story, and I'm sure this is where they're going with this, after all it's "Resurgence".
However, he's looking more like "Resurrected".

His outer skin hasn't regenerated completely at this point yet.

Not digging the size of the head compared to the rest of the body. Reminds too much of Red King.

It's so strange, from some angles, definitely, others, the proportion seems no smaller to the body than Heisei Godzilla from '89 on.

Not sure I'm liking this at the moment.
His head has this Pumpkinhead vibe going on. He appears to be zombie-like... you can see muscle tissue at his chest and arms, as if skin has wasted away, revealing the soft tissue below. Furthermore, the dorsal spines are also very porous.

I haven't read anything related to the plot/story, and I'm sure this is where they're going with this, after all it's "Resurgence".
However, he's looking more like "Resurrected".

There has been no official word on the plot of the movie, however, based on references to '54 and the original film and the tone and all, when the early images of the design leaked, many fans, myself included, speculated that this could be a resurrected '54 Godzilla that has changed due to how he was reborn, etc.

Bob Eggleton posted an interesting theory around the odd tip of his tail that I think could hold some truth in the end, that it is a regenerating '54 Godzilla and since he was disentegrated by the oxygen destroyed, he's rebuilding by absorbing material from marine life. Shots from yesterday show the tip of the tail to clearly be comprised of many skeleton looking formations, it's like his whole body is made up of recylced material.

There has been no official word on the plot of the movie, however, based on references to '54 and the original film and the tone and all, when the early images of the design leaked, many fans, myself included, speculated that this could be a resurrected '54 Godzilla that has changed due to how he was reborn, etc.

Bob Eggleton posted an interesting theory around the odd tip of his tail that I think could hold some truth in the end, that it is a regenerating '54 Godzilla and since he was disentegrated by the oxygen destroyed, he's rebuilding by absorbing material from marine life. Shots from yesterday show the tip of the tail to clearly be comprised of many skeleton looking formations, it's like his whole body is made up of recylced material.
Ahh OK. That's an interesting take on the franchise. I'm still looking forward to the release of the movie. :rock

I'm really loving certain parts of this design. The head and teeth especially.

Can't wait to see the story.

The tail also very clearly has whole skeletons Imbedded into it. It looks insane.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Back