SHIN GODZILLA - Toho Studios To Return to Godzilla in 2016!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GODZILLA RESURGENCE - Toho Studios To Return to Godzilla in 2016!

While some proportions seem strange at angles, one thing I find consistent and awesome about the design is he looks powerful, just a tank plowing over anything in it's path.

0ab7e723035105fb0eab7aa789bd9be6.jpg

I can totally rock with this

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

6.jpg

Hmm... if Godzilla is resurrecting, maybe he is blind for a bit? I mean look how humans eyes get when they start to decompose. Maybe if Godzilla is resurrecting his eyes haven't regenerated yet? Course you think that be healed first, but seeing that G-Cells and Godzilla 2 brains might not be explained in this Godzilla film. :lol

I ****ing love this thing. The feet are crazy! And the Spikes look great! They really captured that twisted/mutated bone feel. Looks painful like the 54 was supposed to be

Agreed. I'm really digging the hell out of it now. It really does look like its based on the '54 incarnation but utterly and totally ****ed up beyond all recognition. Gotta wonder if this maquette was made by Yuki Sakai? Gotta wonder too if this maquette will be made into a vinyl figure by X-Plus someday?

I'm thrilled for the fact that my most favorite is coming to BR and I can finally see it in HD picture and sound, and thankfully, it's the fullest version of the film, but, I am bummed that Godzilla 1985 will not be included, though I understand why, I never even considered how it's not just a matter of who owns the rights to the new material shot for the American release, but also who owns rights to the music they borrowed instead of creating their own new score for the American scenes, and I doubt Toho cares that much about squaring that away because that's not their film, and their film is finally released.

Interview here.

Last edited:

I'm thrilled for the fact that my most favorite is coming to BR and I can finally see it in HD picture and sound.
Don't get too hyped, they did nothing for Japanese BD releases to improve the quality.
It's all blurry and grainy with faded colors.

At least it's widescreen. :lol

It's amazing how the most technologically advanced country in the world does crappy video transfers. :lol

Don't get too hyped, they did nothing for Japanese BD releases to improve the quality.
It's all blurry and grainy with faded colors.

At least it's widescreen. :lol

Still beats a bootleg rip of a DVD which is all I have now.

Yeah one can't be too picky when it comes to Godzilla Returns. :lol

The circle is now complete.

Yeah one can't be too picky when it comes to Godzilla Returns. :lol

The circle is now complete.

Pretty much, any official, quality release in the U.S. is great news, despite the negatives. It's a shame no extras, the bootleg I have features like a 30-60 minute long behind the scenes feature. Of course it would mean dubbing or subtitled, but it also sounds like the Kraken folks couldn't get those materials.

I like that we can joke about releasing the Kraken to get this out. September feels very far away, but this has been desired for so long, I'm cool with a few more months, and $15 for BR is very reasonable today.

So I read an interesting rumor based on a supposed leak of the Shin Gojira script, that in this movie, Legendary's Godzilla also exists in the world. Would be something if that ends up true, if somehow this Godzilla exists simultaneously.

Back