SHIN GODZILLA - Toho Studios To Return to Godzilla in 2016!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GODZILLA RESURGENCE - Toho Studios To Return to Godzilla in 2016!

That works, i've never even seen the American. :lol

I had it on VHS and watched it all the time, never owned a dvd copy, if there ever was one, this will fill a big hole in my godzilla movie collection.

I had it on VHS and watched it all the time, never owned a dvd copy, if there ever was one, this will fill a big hole in my godzilla movie collection.

That's the big news of this, it has NEVER been on anything but VHS in North America and even then, only the American version, the original Japanese cut has never been available here.

The good thing about the 2000 release was that it came with both versions.

Trouble is, whatever the deals were for Godzilla, King of the Monsters and Godzilla 2000, Toho has full control, with '85, Anchor Bay seems to own the rights to the new scenes, someone else has rights to Chris Young's music that was used, and Toho has rights to the original elements, can't release '85 without all 3 at the moment.

I believe there are even cases where dubbing is tied up, Sony's releases had a mix of the old 60s/70s dubs I grew up on and some were all new, with the new ones having terrible sounding voice actors.

Hi res poster.

sin-gozira.jpg

Why no other trailer yet in Japan, is that how TOHO normally operates?

Is there no confidence in this movie?

Historically, they don't seem to do many trailers, we got a teaser and a trailer. We're just about 2 months away, hoping for more photos or trailer or both, something more, this is the first time I've ever really been able to follow the release of a Toho film in Japan so it's all new how they work.

Plot synopsis translation.

A Japanese submarine discovers a giant creature, and the SDF is dispatched to eliminate the behemoth. Other countries might or might not get involved, but it is a big issue for the Japanese Government. Ultimately, a sea monster emerges, starting an attack on the city, and causes unprecedented devastating catastrophe.

Will you just look at him!

His height, proportions and folding skin texture does make him look pretty terrifying.

Look at the girth of his thighs, makes his upper body look thin.

But I love it.

His tail is insane!

His face there is 54 with slight Heisei dome shape. But he also looks like an angry old man. :lol

From this angle it really looks like a giant pee-ness with a tail...
Terrible design all around, I wouldn't want to have a figure of it in my home.

From this angle it really looks like a giant pee-ness with a tail...
Terrible design all around, I wouldn't want to have a figure of it in my home.

If that's what you're junk looks like you should talk to your doctor. And probably your priest.

In a way riddick is right, he does look like a giant wrinkly 8=====D in that photo.

Back