SHIN GODZILLA - Toho Studios To Return to Godzilla in 2016!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yea, that second form looks cool but the atomic breath is strange...

I like the idea of how it comes out of his damaged skin tissue but why does it look like Iron Man lasers? lol
HmYkT0h.gif

it also seems like we've only seen footage of the first half of the film based on the fact he transforms in the film, unless that's the last scene, which hopefully it's not.

I figured with Anno involved, this film would be "different." I bet this goes down as the most divisive Godzilla film of all time. Kinda like Evangelion.

I figured with Anno involved, this film would be "different." I bet this goes down as the most divisive Godzilla film of all time. Kinda like Evangelion.

Like who...what. :lol

New clips.

This is all I needed to see :lol

image.jpeg

Imagine movie promotion here in the states doing that to Brad Pitt or Meryl Streep. :lol

KkaqNWu.jpg

SXGrCCg.jpg

I made a gallery of 1080p stills from that broadcast.

This is my favorite shot.

3XzexFd.jpg

This one reminds me of early showa era films where it seemed like wide shows always featured these industrial looking areas in the foreground.

f2y0Ntd.jpg

Word I'm getting from some who've seen it is that the photos don't do the effect in the movie justice, so curious to see how it plays out.

Well, we've seen the effects in motion already so no surprises there, they certainly look great best of any other G movie which honestly is to be expected with the evolution of cgi in Japan. I would've been greatly disappointed had that not been the case which was my fear when the movie was announced, did cgi in Japan evolve enough.

Unless you're specifically referring to his atomic breath.

I'm being specific to his atomic breath, apparently his first use is even more "wow" than the first use in 2014 or the kiss of death shot from the way people are talking, and describe it as evolving, like when he first unleashes it, it seems one way and changes into more like the picture I posted as he's firing it, could be interesting, trying to get a description from someone on just what happens.

Like who...what. :lol

Neon Genesis Evangelion my man. Probably one of the most lauded but also divisive pieces of anime ever conceived. Evangelion was directed by Hideaki Anno who is the director of Shin Godzilla. Evangelion ran for 26 episodes in the middle 1990s and was given two sequel films (or revisions of the 25th and 26th episodes, however you want to look at it), all directed by Anno, that came out after the conclusion of the series. Within the last six years, Anno directed three new Evangelion films that reboots the original series. He was working on the fourth film when Toho came calling to do a new Godzilla film. Evangelion is basically about the end of the world where giant humanoid robots (not really) called Evangelions battle monstrous non terrestrial creatures called Angels (not what you are thinking). A lot of people are saying, myself included, that Shin Gojira, all forms as well as all the stuff he can do, is basically derived from the many Angels seen in Evangelion. Don't believe me or want more information go here...

https://www.evageeks.org/

Just be prepared to have a serious headache once you try to wrap your noggin around Eva and Anno.

Okay, the tiny beady eyes were strange enough. Why do they look like big buttons in one of those pictures? Have we just not been seeing something in all the pictures prior to this?

Back