SHIN GODZILLA - Toho Studios To Return to Godzilla in 2016!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, the tiny beady eyes were strange enough. Why do they look like big buttons in one of those pictures? Have we just not been seeing something in all the pictures prior to this?

The photo you're referring to the second stage of his development in the movie. He makes land as a creature that is similar to a developing frog that still has some tadpole form but also arms and legs, then he grows in size and stands up, taking his second form as the picture, his third and final being what we've seen all along. The first pic in that post is his "tadpole" first form.

Like who...what. :lol

Neon Genesis Evangelion my man. Probably one of the most lauded but also divisive pieces of anime ever conceived. Evangelion was directed by Hideaki Anno who is the director of Shin Godzilla. Evangelion ran for 26 episodes in the middle 1990s and was given two sequel films (or revisions of the 25th and 26th episodes, however you want to look at it), all directed by Anno, that came out after the conclusion of the series. Within the last six years, Anno directed three new Evangelion films that reboots the original series. He was working on the fourth film when Toho came calling to do a new Godzilla film. Evangelion is basically about the end of the world where giant humanoid robots (not really) called Evangelions battle monstrous non terrestrial creatures called Angels (not what you are thinking). A lot of people are saying, myself included, that Shin Gojira, all forms as well as all the stuff he can do, is basically derived from the many Angels seen in Evangelion. Don't believe me or want more information go here...

https://www.evageeks.org/

Just be prepared to have a serious headache once you try to wrap your noggin around Eva and Anno.

I appreciate the info. :hi5:

I'm trying :lol

Quality magazine scans.

This Godzilla is bat **** crazy. :lol

No question there are WTF moments in the movie, but from all I hear, there is no shortage of moments to make a fanboy feel they're seeing the sort of stuff they dream about.

I appreciate the info. :hi5:

This Godzilla is bat **** crazy. :lol

Just like Evangelion...

Honestly, I've read all the spoilers and seen all the spoiler pics and I gotta say I love everything about it so far. This is the most audacious and brave Godzilla film Toho's probably done since the original Gojira. This sounds like a straight up horror film through and through, just like Gojira. Hell, its like all the freaky and weird **** from Evangelion (plus its abundant military and political fetishizing) seeped into a Godzilla film but with all the David Cronenberg style body horror you can stand fused with heaping amounts of John Carpenter's "The Thing."
The atomic breath/laser beam blasts--all these sequences that have been described--sound absolutely incredible and utterly devastating when its all said and done. And the tone and atmosphere is said to be just downright creepy as hell. But what I'm hearing about the story is this entire situation is the result of mankind creating this abomination, this abortion of nature and now its on the warpath destroying everything around it.
That's Godzilla through and through.

****. Now I really, really need that $900 Kaiyodo prepainted maquette of this beast!

Last edited:
Guess no one has been brave enough to click on one of those links in youtube to watch the whole movie?

Some of the reviews:

Most visually innovative of any G movie.

Unlike 2014, suit cgi so good in parts it actually looks like a man in suit (wow, not even Hollywood accomplished that).

Well edited.

Smart movie.

Godzilla is nightmarish powerful.

Creepy human like eyes that never blink.

Last edited:
They're saying that because they made him slow moving to almost not moving at all while being blasted by the military, he just stares really creepy like, that not only did it make him seem omnipotent but it also had the effect of making him look less cgi and more real.

The whole less is more approach.

His tail brings him to life.

Last edited:
Ok, more from the reviews:

Most of the movie best scenes kept out of trailers.

Intense build up.

Godzilla shows up pretty quick.

Scary intense music.

Night shots look great.

Similar to "Ava" (probably Evangelion related).

Most realistic G film.

Last edited:
Guess no one has been brave enough to click on one of those links in youtube to watch the whole movie?

So far all the links I've found make you sign up to watch, I don't use those sites, with patience you can find it at sites that don't register you.

Hopefully i'll be viewing this tonight on my big screen. :pray:

Don't worry Toho I'll still pay to see in the theater when released here in the states and buy the Blu-ray, and some toys. :lol

No no not at all, I wish!

That's why I said hopefully!

That will be my priority when I get home from work though. :lol

This is exactly why Toho should have used Bandai's model in releasing new Gundam anime for Shin Godzilla--show it in theatres the first month or so and then do a world wide On Demand /Streaming release with a Blu-Ray just a few months after that.

Or use Warner Bros. as their distributor for a worldwide release in theatres.

This is exactly why Toho should have used Bandai's model in releasing new Gundam anime for Shin Godzilla--show it in theatres the first month or so and then do a world wide On Demand /Streaming release with a Blu-Ray just a few months after that.

Or use Warner Bros. as their distributor for a worldwide release in theatres.

Seriously. Not everyone is going to be as forgiving as Jye and me :lol

:lol :lol :lol

Ok, few additional reviews:

Godzilla scenes are amazing.

Godzilla doesn't have a ton of screen time but what's there of him is great.

Too many characters having meeting after meeting.

Some non Japanese fans felt it was slightly boring with too much Japanese politics during non Godzilla scenes.

Last edited:
I'm
Seeing a lot of tadpole nonsense in some reviews and forums.

Godzilla is a mutation that starts out as something most closely resembling a tadpole.

:lol :lol :lol

Ok, few additional reviews:

Godzilla scenes are amazing.

Godzilla doesn't have a ton of screen time but what's there of him is great.

Too many characters having meeting after meeting.

Some non Japanese fans felt it was slightly boring with too much Japanese politics during non Godzilla scenes.

What I gather is that the movie is heavy on dialogue and making a solid political commentary on the current climate in Japan, similar to Gojira, and being so specific, it may or may not be interesting to fans outside Japan.

Back