Sideshow 1/6 C-3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it weighs between 312 and 356 grams, it should be approximately in scale based on volume (using 150 to 170lbs for Daniels in costume). ;)

I've been hearing that Sideshow often nails the weight in prototype but then drops the ball when it comes to production pieces. Hopefully this will not be the case.

That could have been me but I just love open, empty space too much. And from a design perspective I like the look of massed - or at least repeating - uniform objects so I'm more likely to buy 3-5 troopers of one type than a wide variety of characters.

Right now I'm leaning towards this C3PO because I like the weathered finish and love the little details like articulated fingers, but as others have said he's not as necessary to me as R2. I'm cautious because I want to see production photos.

Yeah, I love open, empty space too, so I'm one of the rare people who doesn't use Detolfs or glass cabinets at all. My figs are in wood cabinets whose doors are closed/locked most of the time (in fact nothing SW visible in the room at all.) It also keeps you from getting visual overload/burnout!

Oh, wait, you didn't do the videos? Damn, nevermind then! ;)

Bastard... ;)

I've been hearing that Sideshow often nails the weight in prototype but then drops the ball when it comes to production pieces. Hopefully this will not be the case.

It happens to one out of three collectibles companies at some point in their lives. Nothing to be ashamed of.

Yeah, I love open, empty space too, so I'm one of the rare people who doesn't use Detolfs or glass cabinets at all. My figs are in wood cabinets whose doors are closed/locked most of the time (in fact nothing SW visible in the room at all.) It also keeps you from getting visual overload/burnout!

Now there's an idea. Hmmmm...

I agree with you Rook...I seriously considered a Tamashi Threepio but passed, in spite of it being an incredible piece.

Taste makes a collection, and the SSC has the weathering and the expressive details like finger articulation to make me lean towards it.

It has a different feel from what I've seen so far...not better or worse, just a different kind of piece.

I'm not 100% there yet but it does look stunning... and I'll add my compliments to your photo shoot.

Cool! I've considered going that route. There are some select pieces that are part of our interior decor, but I like the idea of having a "reveal" cabinet.

I agree with you Rook...I seriously considered a Tamashi Threepio but passed, in spite of it being an incredible piece.

Taste makes a collection, and the SSC has the weathering and the expressive details like finger articulation to make me lean towards it.

It has a different feel from what I've seen so far...not better or worse, just a different kind of piece.

I'm not 100% there yet but it does look stunning... and I'll add my compliments to your photo shoot.

Which is why I'll be getting this and keeping the Tama rather than passing on this or selling the Tama. If the price is right anyway.

I need to 2 3PO's, so I'm going to be a Tama+SSC man.

And eat cups of noodles everyday looking at them debating their pluses and minuses ("Hmm... Tama's pistons ARE huge... SSC's head IS wonky.... nah, love 'em both - oh wait... HT just announced a 3PO?!") :lol

Cool! I've considered going that route. There are some select pieces that are part of our interior decor, but I like the idea of having a "reveal" cabinet.

I'm just finishing the mother of all reveal cabinets - the 4' by 2 1/2' by 2' Jabba's Palace cabinet (with solid doors and locks) Wish it was a third bigger but the exterior starts to look like a shipping container.:slap

I need a 3PO to stand by Jabba (Tama for straight arm articulation) and a 3PO to stand in the SW cabinet with R2 (SSC for weathered.)

Ah, back when I was single, this was known as the "make her run" cabinet.

:lecture :rotfl

32mm-iron-padlock.jpg

I need to 2 3PO's, so I'm going to be a Tama+SSC man.

And eat cups of noodles everyday looking at them debating their pluses and minuses ("Hmm... Tama's pistons ARE huge... SSC's head IS wonky.... nah, love 'em both - oh wait... HT just announced a 3PO?!") :lol

I have a feeling a lot us (including myself) are going to be facing the same predicament in the near future. :slap

I'm just finishing the mother of all reveal cabinets - the 4' by 2 1/2' by 2' Jabba's Palace cabinet (with solid doors and locks) Wish it was a third bigger but the exterior starts to look like a shipping container.:slap

Please post pics in the Jabba thread! I'd love to see it. I'm eternally planning a room to display my pieces and Jabba always throws me off.

Please post pics in the Jabba thread! I'd love to see it. I'm eternally planning a room to display my pieces and Jabba always throws me off.

Yeah, got a few customs to finish and I think it'll be a bit tight to fit everything in but will definitely post pics.

I actually scaled out Jabba's Throne room in 1/6 and it was over 10' long and 5' deep (I was hoping to do the step-up to Carbonite Han)... that wasn't going to happen.:rotfl

First dilemma - repaint Jabba more orange or not?:gah:

:rotfl Went shopping today, filled the trolley full of 2 minute noodles which is what i'll be eating for the next few months, accompanied by tap water so i can keep up with all the great figures i've pre-ordered for 2015.

My wife would LOVE it if I did that! :lol

Last edited:
Back