Sideshow 1/6 Jango Fett

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I calling it, a bunch of people will love it for about a month, then get really nit picky, youll also see a ton of "just needs futzing" even thoigh the under body is garbage and unfutzable, then the mods and body swaps, the "hands on" videos from SS cronies and absurd price justifications and "everything is amazing" ... It wont be pure crap, just your average ss variety crap

:goodpost:

Couldn't have said it better myself. :wink1:

This should have been released before the Hot Toys figures onslaught. Imagine they'll be lots of cancellations to spend $£€ on the new stuff.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

that hasbro piece might be better the more i look at it. it sure looks more accurate. how can all of us and hasbro see what SS can't? i don't understand how almost every time there is an oversight that a child wouldn't miss, but SS does.

As irritating as it sounds, I think it is ingrained in the company's culture that they produce artistic interpretations of pop culture icons rather than focus on accuracy. This can really be seen in licenses such as Gi Joe and He-Man where they design products that have veered away from the most established look of characters even though most collectors would probably rather want collectibles that are close to the source material. Considering the amount of source material in existence for Star Wars, there really isn't any reason to not get things pretty accurate, except that Sideshow is probably allowing design team members to go with what they "feel" is right rather than asking them to adhere to accuracy.

I also think that, unlike Hot Toys, Sisdehow really isn't in the business of fixing flaws in their products after they have been approved by Lucasfilm. There aren't many examples of them doing so.

Hasbro was limited by resources they would allocate for a cheap 1/6 figure. Sideshow is limited by philosophy.

Last edited:
As irritating as it sounds, I think it is ingrained in the company's culture that they produce artistic interpretations of pop culture icons rather than focus on accuracy. This can really be seen in licenses such as Gi Joe and He-Man where they design products that have veered away from the most established look of characters even though most collectors would probably rather want collectibles that are close to the source material. Considering the amount of source material in existence for Star Wars, there really isn't any reason to not get things pretty accurate, except that Sideshow is probably allowing design team members to go with what they "feel" is right rather than asking them to adhere to accuracy.

I also think that, unlike Hot Toys, Sisdehow really isn't in the business of fixing flaws in their products after they have been approved by Lucasfilm. There aren't many examples of them doing so.

Hasbro was limited by resources they would allocate for a cheap 1/6 figure. Sideshow is limited by philosophy.

Yeah, this comes up from time to time - the SSC accuracy issue. That it's really no more cost/effort to get it screen accurate than a random variation on screen accurate, yet in the face of a ton of reference and in the age of 3D scanning and printing, it's inaccurate. And no, I don't mean button counting or "1mm off" type stuff - I mean off.

While I do really like my SSC Biker Scout, it really doesn't look that close to the onscreen ROTJ scout in many ways (I've dubbed the SSC my "Sniper Scout") - my customized Hasbro Scout is way closer to screen accurate, which is weird. You almost want to e-mail the SSC design team with pics and say - "why does it look like this?"

And I've got a (very minimally) customized Hasbro Jango that I'm looking to replace, which looks decent (and for the $20 I paid...) but I'm really hoping this SSC Jango is the 2015 high end collectible it needs to be for the price and market conditions.

The inaccuracies were sort of ok when the figures were a third the cost - but at $200+ a fig, things get iffy.

Still no pics? Don't think I'm going to hand over $300 for a figure based on a couple of pics from over a year ago. It's not like this Sideshow Jango is going to look good next HT Boba.

C'mon Sideshow, don't be sneaky, show us what we are buying.

I think at this point, McHaleyart's Medi custom tutorial is the best way to go. :lol

If anyone's still on the fence about whether this Jango will deliver, don't kid yourself. It'll be a nice toy, but nothing more.

Are you OK with HT Ben Kenobi?

No, but what's the choice? $200 for HT Ben w/coupon or about $350 for SSC Ben with everything in. Only other choice is "no Ben for the next 10 years."

In terms of SSC, I'm talking about inaccuracies throughout, not just the headsculpt/apps. Look at the SSC Scout's kneepads - what's that about? They aren't even vaguely right. Or the drastically elongated helmet/mouthpiece? Or the tiny ladies-underwear codpiece, or underscale pistol etc.? These are serious design team questions.

It bugs me that my $200 SSC Scout (aka "Sniper non-Biker Scout") is less accurate than my custom $20 Hasbro Scout, and I'm worried about Jango now too.

If anyone's still on the fence about whether this Jango will deliver, don't kid yourself. It'll be a nice toy, but nothing more.

I won't judge until I see pics. And Rook's pics are amazing, and I'm assuming if he's posted here, he's taken pics of this.

Just cancelled my exclusive. Just too much being released and had to make a choice. By the end of the year I have Leia, 1/4 Fett, Han & Chewie, Tie Fighter Pilot, Stormtrooper Luke & 2 Sandtroopers. Still thinking about Vader. $$$...

Just cancelled my exclusive. Just too much being released and had to make a choice. By the end of the year I have Leia, 1/4 Fett, Han & Chewie, Tie Fighter Pilot, Stormtrooper Luke & 2 Sandtroopers. Still thinking about Vader. $$$...

why keep 1/4 Fett when 1/6 is coming and goes with what seems to be the scale you collect? just curious

why keep 1/4 Fett when 1/6 is coming and goes with what seems to be the scale you collect? just curious

I mainly collect 1/6 scale, but like variety. I've wanted one larger SW piece, figure or statue, so this Fett looks like its the winner. This 1/4 Fett will be displayed separately from my 1/6 figures on a pedestal.

If Sideshow is going to be taking NRDs then maybe they should show the finished figure before it winds up on our doorstep. Seems fair.

Im surprised at how optimistic people are being in this thread... Dead pool had updated pics and he's not out yet or even shipping soon (updated pics were out months ago). SS is very obviously worried about mass cancellations. and funny enough when I ordered mine they werent doing NRD's on it, yet now they are? :lol

Sideshow is limited by philosophy.

I would have to agree with this. I bought the "Inside Sideshow" book for $10 at Comic-con and I was hoping it would be more insight on how they go about creating their figures but it really is a showcase for how much "inspiration" they surround themselves with in their spaces. Their spaces are entirely cluttered with "whimsy" and cool looking crap but not much of it will help in building accurate figures, in fact it could be quite distracting from it.

I work in the visual effects business and back when companies were more stable and we had permanent jobs, many people also took time to decorate their spots. As a general rule, the people who had the most crap in their space put out the least amount of work.... Just saying.

Im surprised at how optimistic people are being in this thread... Dead pool had updated pics and he's not out yet or even shipping soon (updated pics were out months ago). SS is very obviously worried about mass cancellations. and funny enough when I ordered mine they werent doing NRD's on it, yet now they are? :lol

Were they worried about mass cancellations with the Scout Trooper? They did the same thing with that figure.

Back