Sideshow 1/6 Jango Fett

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would have to agree with this. I bought the "Inside Sideshow" book for $10 at Comic-con and I was hoping it would be more insight on how they go about creating their figures but it really is a showcase for how much "inspiration" they surround themselves with in their spaces. Their spaces are entirely cluttered with "whimsy" and cool looking crap but not much of it will help in building accurate figures, in fact it could be quite distracting from it.

I agree. I find that when people look to outside art for inspiration, they tend to focus on finding the "essence" of the character which I view as a biased interpretation limited by personal perception. It is a shame as a truly accurate figure will always contain the "essence" of a character as it represents exactly what we all saw in the original source.

Pics of the Scout showed up a couple days after the figures started shipping. Not saying that's a smart way to go, but not much to be embarrassed with on that figure.

Scout doesnt carry forward flaws from a previous release like this one does, there also isnt a hot toys version to over shadow it, Jango need improvements from day 1, if they havent made them SS is gunna have a dud on their hands. This figure should have had updated pics to reassure customers they listened and made necessary improvements, they havent so they likely are trying to avoid cancellations

No new pics in 1.5 years after preorder, yet consistent delays and an NDR.

I cancelled over a week ago on dissatisfaction with this practice. I wish others would too so maybe SS would take notice and make a stronger effort to show their wares before delivery.

No new pics in 1.5 years after preorder, yet consistent delays and an NDR.

I cancelled over a week ago on dissatisfaction with this practice. I wish others would too so maybe SS would take notice and make a stronger effort to show their wares before delivery.

something something speak with your wallet, or something

:lol

I too refuse to buy into SS anymore, Raynor was my last straw, $500 has all it rubber turn to dust, for no reason at all

Jango need improvements from day 1, if they havent made them SS is gunna have a dud on their hands. This figure should have had updated pics to reassure customers they listened and made necessary improvements, they havent so they likely are trying to avoid cancellations

I agree it'd be nice if they threw up production pics before charging and shipping, but I also don't why someone would pre-order something they thought looked like a dud.

I won't judge until I see pics. And Rook's pics are amazing, and I'm assuming if he's posted here, he's taken pics of this.
A bit late to the party here, but yeah. You'll have the toy before the photos surface, as mentioned. :lol

..& for the record, I'm sure Rook takes fine pics - not knocking those.

I'm knocking the TOY.

I agree it'd be nice if they threw up production pics before charging and shipping, but I also don't why someone would pre-order something they thought looked like a dud.

That's what I'm trying to figure out. If someone thinks it looks like a turd in the pictures why bother preordering at all? Makes no sense at all.

WOW! I never realized he was that purple.

21491_press01-400x600.jpg
2149_press08.jpg

I'm happy they posted pictures. I'm not impressed by the final figure. Flight suit just seems ill-fitting and wrong color. Armor isn't 'laying' well on the legs.

WOW! I never realized he was that purple.

I'm happy they posted pictures. I'm not impressed by the final figure. Flight suit just seems ill-fitting and wrong color. Armor isn't 'laying' well on the legs.

That purple is disappointing. The color on the prototype seemed pretty close. Definite step backwards.

For comparison.... Looks pretty good to me.

Color timing is everything. Boba's purple in your pic, totally blue below.

Review_JangoFettTVC_stillE.jpg

Anyway, I think most people would agree his flight suit is somewhere between blue-purple, a bit faded and certainly not such a deep, royal purple that shows in the SS pics.

Hopefully they saturated the pictures too much.

Still looking forward to finally receive this. Think it looks good, but the color does seem to be a bit too purple. Hopefully someone will get it soon to see in hand pics.

Back