Sideshow Darth Maul Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jango cancelled - check!!!
Maul 2.0 - probably wont buy.

What the hell is this all about? A complete screw job and with the added audacity to charge that much for a bare bones release? Are they expecting me just to port the missing robe over from my v1 figure? What an absolute crapshoot.

b8046fdab2683ce750caafab93bb8964.jpg

SS is out of control, no robe or extra sculpt. Hahaha, I'm out I bit the big one when I got Jango. Fool me once SS.

I may be retarded but wasn't Maul technically wearing his cloak on Naboo?

...He just dropped it so dramatically before he went into the power generator??

So in theory.."Duel at Naboo...."

Hello...I get back from work and walk into this. What can I say that hasn't already been said, the price and lack of a stand made me laugh my a$$ off.

Other than easy money, I don't understand why they're even bothering with this figure, I though the idea was to take one of their earliest figures and show how improved they've gotten over the years, and of course what's in this set is a vast improvement from before, but I just don't get why cop out and not do the robe, their tailors seem really skilled, it's not like they couldn't figure out some way to make a good one. It just doesn't make sense. High price, very little too it, just comes off like an attempt at easy money from the license.

Easy-Money.jpg

What if I said I will be watching Batman 89? :lol

Batman 89? Why!? It's Halloween, there are thousands of better things that you can do than see a movie you have already seen. Forgoe watching another comic book movie and attend a Halloween party, troll for some tight sliz, anything but Batman!

^ my thoughts exactly bro (Maul Fan).
This seemed like a slam dunk.

You simply aesthetically improve on the 1.0 version and throw in some type of new exclusive element like a switch out portrait, unique Theed Generator or Tatooine base.
The price becomes justified and everyone is happy.

You'll never get your money back on that Jango.

I know. Not that I'm going to get money back on any SS 1:6 figures at this point. I've still got a week or so to decide. I was figuring I'd send back Jango and PO Kylo, then at some point pick up Jango when they are trying to unload for 25% off. Or maybe by some miracle HT will produce PT figs. The only thing that SS is doing well are the creatures, environments and droids. I kept passing on the probe droid and now would have to pay a premium. I don't think you'll see those from Hot Toys.

Batman 89? Why!? It's Halloween, there are thousands of better things that you can do than see a movie you have already seen. Forgoe watching another comic book movie and attend a Halloween party, troll for some tight sliz, anything but Batman!

You..... you are good. :lol

I shall attend a Halloween party.

I'll see what my Jango ends up like but I'm going to collect more Hot Toys instead starting with Kylo Ren. I really wanted a new maul but $257 and no cloak is insulting.

I did some more mods to my Jango today. He looks great but paying $240 for something I hand spend hours fixing mistakes is starting to piss me off. Didn't bother me much when figures were $80 - 100. But I'm going to be more selective in my spending. I bought a few HT loose items and I was impressed with the tailoring. I think I might pick up a few new characters from episode 7.

I was really looking forward to this figure. IMO, Maul is the PT's Fett. But, no cloak and no alternate rage sculpt. and a lame exclusive.... I will have to pass. Besides, I'm hoping for more OT figures from Hot Toys.

I know. Not that I'm going to get money back on any SS 1:6 figures at this point.

I remember people buying a 2nd piece of old Sideshow figures "to save and cash in" one day. How'd that go for them? :lol Collecting thrives on that myth.

Look at ebay prices for most of the SW line-up from Sideshow. It's a loss. Especially that $80-$110 range. Even if figures held their value, what was the point -- dragging around a pristine box for years so you could get your money back?

Back