Sideshow Darth Maul Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Normally I just blindly order almost all of the Star Wars figures, but this is legitimately the first one I'm refusing to order for being a straight rip-off. I love Darth Maul, but when the Deluxe HT Boba Fett with much more included is in a similar price range, then I certainly can't justify it.

I'm a huge Darth Maul fan (as if you couldn't tell), but this figure is extremely disappointing. For starters, I don't see Ray Park in the head sculpt at all, and if SS wants to be taken as a serious contender against HT a head sculpt that looks just like the actor is an absolute must. SS has been able to capture Park's likeness much better in the Mythos statue as well as the PF, but they dropped the ball here. The next problem is the obvious one, the price. This figure is extremely light in the accessory department, which is fine since they are selling this as the "Duel on Naboo" version, but this price is absolutely ridiculous for whats included. I have no idea why a cloak is not included with this figure. Luckily I have many other Darth Maul collectibles in other larger scales, but I was planning to finally purchase a nice high end 1:6 figure of him. This one will not be it, I will be waiting to see what HT brings to the table whenever they make theirs.

The lack of robes is baffling.
The lack of a stand is insulting.

Melting? was it paint issues?

There are multiple problems with the sideshow female bodies, but this one affected a large number of harleys at the upper legs/lower torso region. Whatever glue they used to put the bodies together has started melting and becoming sticky. I noticed on mine that part of the fabric suit was stuck to her upper rear thigh. I was able to pull off the fabric without damage and then sold the thing. Others were not so lucky, as the suit can rip or deform if stuck long enough. This issue has been pretty well documented on the DC forum.

They are really off their rocker with the prices. All their figures are too expensive. If they want to compete they need to knock a hundred bucks off of everything they have coming out. Or just stick to selling poorly painted statues.

Wasn't the severed lightsaber the exclusive last time? & the last one came with a cloak AND a stand. Uhmmm, I think I'm good with my old one.

I really don't get the price on this. I mean he comes with so little! Has the Star Wars license really gone up that much in cost? I mean he doesn't even have his outer robe or stand?!? I just don't get how Hot Toys is offering SW figures with about the same for less?

My guess is HT sells many times the figures SSC does, so they can afford to spread the costs over more releases/units.

My guess is they are daring "us" to purchase it at that price, and if "we" don't no biggie they'll just sell it to "us" for the normal price and make "us" think we are getting a "good deal".

Basically it's mental warfare.

So $240 is the new basic price point. That rules out making ANY secondary characters. That leaves SS with:

Dooku

Can't think of any other characters from the PT that would justify $240.

Back