Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the pants are bugging the F out of me.....anybody else? Maybe bulkier legs would help??? Thigh add ons?

Yes...David Prowse was a big dude and he didn't have little stick legs. It's one (of the many) things bothering me about this figure. His legs are too short too. I know that 1/6 scale is the same no matter how you slice it, but you can't have a 6'9 Vader the same height as Luke :dunno

A few pages back SS Alex confirmed light up chest box and belt (along with both bases and no light up lightsaber).

I tried to look back through the posts to find the answer but hard to sift through all of the complaining, scrutinizing, arguing over price, clowning, insulting, belittling, and rejection.

Thanks to all for the confirmation! I'm stoked about ordering.

Creighton, yer starting to get on my nerves. :gah: (;))

The belt boxes AND the chest piece DO IN FACT LIGHT UP. The pics prolly are aided by some photoshop to appear lit, but when this goes in to production they will light up.

The belt boxes and chest piece will.

Light up.

The belt boxes and chest piece will will light up.

With lights.

:lecture

Lol and your avatar will give me nightmares. We're even. Seriously, thanks!

I know that 1/6 scale is the same no matter how you slice it, but you can't have a 6'9 Vader the same height as Luke :dunno

No idea what this is supposed to mean. Scale is not a specific measurement, so a 1/6 Vader should always be taller than a 1/6 Luke. This Vader is 13.5" tall which is 6'9". Poorly produced figures using strictly generic bodies tend to all be the same size, about 12", based on a 6' tall adult. I don't know specifically how tall the various Lukes produced by Sideshow nor HT's Bespin Luke are.

Yes...David Prowse was a big dude and he didn't have little stick legs. It's one (of the many) things bothering me about this figure. His legs are too short too. I know that 1/6 scale is the same no matter how you slice it, but you can't have a 6'9 Vader the same height as Luke :dunno

Ummmmmmmmmmmmm....

So this observation of yours is based on... the Hasbro figure? :dunno

Naturally, BBTS would be sold out super fast on this because of the non deposit/cancellation fee.

I'd expect BBTS to get stock once the figure starts shipping in January. Unless they don't. ;) But I'm pretty sure Sideshow will make enough to meet demand and allow some non-pre sales.

No idea what this is supposed to mean. Scale is not a specific measurement, so a 1/6 Vader should always be taller than a 1/6 Luke. This Vader is 13.5" tall which is 6'9". Poorly produced figures using strictly generic bodies tend to all be the same size, about 12", based on a 6' tall adult. I don't know specifically how tall the various Lukes produced by Sideshow nor HT's Bespin Luke are.

Is that height including the helmet or just the body. Loki from HT is listed as 12" too but with the helmet is at least 13 or 13.5. All I'm saying is that the body should be larger/taller than other 1/6 and it doesn't look to be. It's hard to compare w/out seeing it next to another.

Ummmmmmmmmmmmm....

So this observation of yours is based on... the Hasbro figure? :dunno

What I'm trying to say is they really should have used a bulkier body underneath for start. Does Sideshow have similar bodies to HT truetypes? If so, they should use a larger type.

Is that height including the helmet or just the body. Loki from HT is listed as 12" too but with the helmet is at least 13 or 13.5. All I'm saying is that the body should be larger/taller than other 1/6 and it doesn't look to be. It's hard to compare w/out seeing it next to another.

What I'm trying to say is they really should have used a bulkier body underneath for start. Does Sideshow have similar bodies to HT truetypes? If so, they should use a larger type.

Yeah, the body does seem to be a bit too slim. But I think Sideshow is thinking with a dynamic figure people prolly want dynamic poses. If the body suit is tight, you won't get those dynamic poses.

Is that height including the helmet or just the body.

13.5" is the height of the completed figure with the helmet as far as I know - specs are from Sideshow. This means it's about right, because (and I've written all this before), David Prowse was/is 6'6" tall. The extra 3" easily made up by the boots and helmet.

I don't see the pants (or any other) bagginess people are complaining about. I see a poorly futzed figure. Vader's pants have never, in any movie, been skin tight. And if you watch every scene in the three movies you will see wrinkles and some material accumulation in the pants, arms and torso.

If it bothers anyone on the final figure, undress him and wrap his legs with some fabric before putting the pants back on. It will limit mobility, but if you like it tight, then you like it tight.

:goodpost:

Leia coudln't handle it

back on subject, why isn't a light up saber included? $150 figure has it, but $250 doesn't??? or did they realize no one cared?

I'm convinced that SS is working with someone on this figure....
Rarely sideshow has a deposit on their own product (when buying 1) in terms of 1/6. I think they require that because this figure is being worked with perhaps Hot Toys.

The credits are all available for this figure. There's a BOATLOAD of people who have contributed, including yes, some who do not work for/at Sideshow.]

What boggles my mind is the sheer number of absolutely ridiculous assertions and questions coming up page after page, when ALL the information to answer every one of these is covered very clearly on Sideshow's own product pages and product images. This release does have a poor gallery and some less than stellar information, but there's still plenty of it there, like the lights, the severed hand AND glove, etc.

Sideshow said:
Artists:
Nathan Eakins and Bernardo Esquivel (Paint)
Tim Niver, Adrienne Smith, Andy Bergholtz, Nathan Mansfield, Pascual Wawoe, Bigshot Toyworks (Sculpt)
Kevin Ellis (Costume Fabrication)
Joe Allard, Pascual Wawoe, Jared Chapman (Design)
Jesse Lincoln (Development)
The Sideshow Collectibles Design and Development Team

Someone else already mentioned this is a 100% USA "home-grown" design. This thread feels like the vacuum of space. No one can hear you scream.

Last edited:
Yeah, the body does seem to be a bit too slim. But I think Sideshow is thinking with a dynamic figure people prolly want dynamic poses. If the body suit is tight, you won't get those dynamic poses.

True - they can't bulk him up to the point of no articulation. Vader was not that bulky anyways but something seems a little off.

Back