Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For all the hype and throwing of opinion around I think I will wait to see if they have a coupon code $25+ to use on him in the near future. I feel its safe to say the ex will not sell out until shipping has started and probably after that to.

...I don't see the pants (or any other) bagginess people are complaining about. I see a poorly futzed figure. Vader's pants have never, in any movie, been skin tight...
That's a bit of an exaggeration. When people say the suit is too baggy, they don't mean that it should be "skin tight", c'mon.

I think everyone saying his suit is too baggy is confusing his movie appearence with this one.

POTF2vader-f.jpg

Keep the suit baggy. WE need Vader to be able to take more poses and stances in the legs than not toys batman.
Yeah, I think everyone gets that there needs to be some slack for movement, for sure. Doesn't mean he should be wearing parachute pants, doggone it. :lol

THE PRICE :thud:

Episode IV Vader was $125.00, this is $125 MORE.

I know time has passed, but so has my desire to own this.

It HAS to :)lol should) look perfect for $250.

Perspective: this or another $100 for Mythos...hmmm?

:monkey4

Taco bel has 3 tacos for $1.29 on Tuesday from 3pm to 7pm.

I'd be lying if I said the complaining about this release hasn't colored my view of this figure.

It looks like a very impressive release, but the complaining about texture, pants and confusion about the accessories makes me think this thing is junk. . . when it's clearly not.

But at the end of the day, $250 is too much money for one figure. I could justify it with HT Indy because of the extra costume and diorama accessories, but essentially this is just one figure with a light-up base. I understand that extra hands cost money. And all the light-up functions cost money, but a light-up belt and chest box are not needed. I'm happy with my ANH version. Unless I can track this down for a sub-$200 price (which isn't going to happen), I'll stick with what I have.

I need to know that a Jedi Luke Deluxe is in the work before I can come back to the table on this one, that one needs a re-do more than Vader.

It looks like a very impressive release, but the complaining about texture, pants and confusion about the accessories makes me think this thing is junk. . . when it's clearly not.

A lot of the problem for me is how unclear it is from the official pics exactly what I can expect in hand. This figure is a long time in the making, and I think some more care and attention to the pre-order reveal was warranted before serving it up for the punters.

I'd be lying if I said the complaining about this release hasn't colored my view of this figure.

But at the end of the day, $250 is too much money for one figure. I could justify it with HT Indy because of the extra costume and diorama accessories, but essentially this is just one figure with a light-up base. I understand that extra hands cost money. And all the light-up functions cost money, but a light-up belt and chest box are not needed. I'm happy with my ANH version. Unless I can track this down for a sub-$200 price (which isn't going to happen), I'll stick with what I have.

I need to know that a Jedi Luke Deluxe is in the work before I can come back to the table on this one, that one needs a re-do more than Vader.

I tried to buy the other one. But no one would give me lube or let Mr order off the $1.00 menu. So $250 is fine by me.

At the moment its looking like a pass for me.
Chest armour is way too small.
I dont wana drop an NRD for this at $250 only to have them announce a new PF 6 months down the track... if by chance they do something like that.
think ill hold out to see if a new PF is gonna be much better.

At the moment its looking like a pass for me.
Chest armour is way too small.
I dont wana drop an NRD for this at $250 only to have them announce a new PF 6 months down the track... if by chance they do something like that.
think ill hold out to see if a new PF is gonna be much better.

The chest armour is set wrong,..there's actually another pic somewhere on here of the armour where you can really see the size of it...

But yep there's too any issues...the helmet alone isn't as close as the medicom...and even that one is somewhat off...

It is the prototype...a lot can change in 9 months...if he is on time...

...anything is better than what I have right now on my shelf...Darth maul and Asajj Ventress looking between them at nobody!

Well, I gave it some thought, and I think I am going to pass on this one. I have the ANH version, and I just don't see this one being worth twice the price. If anything, the price of the new Vader makes the original more appealing to me. For all the ANH Vaders flaws, at least I didnt feel like I was being gouged.

So, look's like this frees up some money for Iron Patriot.

Back