Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who cares if its not screen acurate, it just shows consistency in the part of Sideshow. None of the the other figures are.

Exactly. For everything someone holds up as screen accurate, you could find a dozen stills to contradict it. Unless we are doing a "this is Vader in scene X of film Y" we will never have a screen accurate figure.

Late to the party but...

Sadly, it's a pass for me too.

I don't want to buy a new body and maybe a cape plus I have some other nits ( chest box, sculpt, etc)... to make it look right I'd have to cough up $400 as was the case with some guys with the SSC ANH. Rather wait for the right one to come along ( HT?) but that's years away. Oh well...

Well, I gave it some thought, and I think I am going to pass on this one. I have the ANH version, and I just don't see this one being worth twice the price. If anything, the price of the new Vader makes the original more appealing to me. For all the ANH Vaders flaws, at least I didnt feel like I was being gouged.

So, look's like this frees up some money for Iron Patriot.

Wait, this is gouging but Iron Patriot is a-ok? :slap

Well, I gave it some thought, and I think I am going to pass on this one. I have the ANH version, and I just don't see this one being worth twice the price. If anything, the price of the new Vader makes the original more appealing to me. For all the ANH Vaders flaws, at least I didnt feel like I was being gouged.

So, look's like this frees up some money for Iron Patriot.
This figure gives you more of a feeling of being gouged than the $310 Iron Patriot? :rolleyes:

I don't think either is gouging...people just paid $400 for Die Cast C-3PO, $300 for Iron Patriot is not bad...$250 for Deluxe Vader is "lofty" but he will sell...

Wait, this is gouging but Iron Patriot is a-ok? :slap

No, being gouged either way, but I have to admit, the Iron Patriot figure being Die Cast takes some of the sting out of it for me. Adds a little perceived value to me at least.

HT isnt perfect, but I feel like I have less to criticize when I look at the figures I own from them.

Please dont misread me, all these figure prices are absurd to me, but the bar for my tastes and expectations keeps getting raised by some amazing work these companies do, and if I dont absolutely love the figure when I see it on-line, than I wont pull the trigger.

Damn this ridiculously expensive hobby!

I will pass on the 3-po and R2 as well, at that price, they just dont look perfect to me, and there is no reason (IMO) that they should not be perfect, they dont have skin and they arent wearing clothes, so what is the difficulty in getting the look just right.

EDIT ~ Mostly I'm referring to the R2, the chrome dome bothers me.

Last edited:
Vader looks ghetto with those baggy pants. SS should stop the 1/6 line and let HT take over. Easy Pass.

"just let ht do it...just let ht do it..." umm no , id rather pick up the ssc figures I like inbetween the 2 year wait between ht releases.

While that's probably the case, they can find a better middle ground than this. The first Vader posed just fine and I never recall it looking baggy.

Thanks Alex, any chance the gallery will be updated with one picture showing all of the accessories? Seems mist now have this which helps reduce confusion.

A full accessory shot may exist in the near future, yes! :)

SideshowAlex

May the real Darth Vader please stand up?

4%20darths.jpg

Sideshow vs Medicom

sideshow%20medicom.jpg

May the real Darth Vader please stand up?

4%20darths.jpg

Sideshow vs Medicom

sideshow%20medicom.jpg

Not being an accuracy expert, size notwithstanding, Meicom's looks right in my eyes. Incidentally I'm not a Medi or Hot Toys fanboy just a fan of decent collectibles.
Also, If Sideshow are getting into true 'high end' pricing they need to give us a high end product not a baggy *** figure with a funny looking sculpt...
I'm happy for those that are buying this and trust me I'd buy a decent Vader in 1/6 regardless of cost but this isn't it.
All that reference material over three decades, an r&d time that was ridiculously long by anyone's standards and this is what we ended up with? Yikes :monkey2
That's the last I'm gonna say on this as its now time for some positive vibes to return to the thread :peace

That's the original SS Vader? And people are bagging this new version and saying they are keeping that? :slap

Chest box looks better (size wise) but the rest is a mess.

Apart from the dome, height and cape, it was a great release. The dome flare can't be altered easily, but its position on the head is. Port the suit over to a KP body like King Darkness has done, get a good custom robe/cape set and it's sweet. None of these mods are especially costly or difficult. I have mine stock apart from the cape and I've always been very happy with it. The angle Alex took that shot from shows the helmet at its worst. And around three years ago it was half the MSRP of this one.

Back