Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like V needs to pull up his belt. Or atleast that's what he's trying to do in that pic.:wink1:

I asked b/f for a side by side comparrsion of both SS Vaders.

Just to see how different the chest box/belt looks on both figs.

Yeah the new Vader's armor, chest box, belt r small. Maybe a custom larger chest armor, and switch the ANH box & belt to the new Vader...:dunno

I hope it's as simple as pulling his pants up.

It's an idealized version. That's how the kids wear it these days.
b7bc1a9bd0fe705e

So Im sure with the number of pages this has, this has already been discussed but does anyone know which pants we are getting?
These?
100076_press12.jpg

Or these?
100076_press04.jpg

I just noticed that he has the ROTJ saber (even though someone already said it). It says Return of the Jedi on the order page too.

Doesn't seem as hybrid anymore. I wonder if that means we'll still get a straight up ESB Vader.

I just noticed that he has the ROTJ saber (even though someone already said it). It says Return of the Jedi on the order page too.

Doesn't seem as hybrid anymore. I wonder if that means we'll still get a straight up ESB Vader.
Yes, noticed that yesterday, too (RotJ on order page). Hopefully Sideshow is planning on going to the well one more time for an ESB version, then.

So Im sure with the number of pages this has, this has already been discussed but does anyone know which pants we are getting?
These?
100076_press12.jpg

Or these?
100076_press04.jpg

hoping the latter.........:pray:

there is some confusion.........some look machine pressed in while other shots look stitched. i want the stitched look personally.

Yes, noticed that yesterday, too (RotJ on order page). Hopefully Sideshow is planning on going to the well one more time for an ESB version, then.

Yeah thats ok with me... kinda negates the need for me to buy two of this release... I guess I will have one to sell maybe. :lol

They're the same pants as far as I can see. The latter is set in different lighting and has his legs bent up, causing his pants to not be baggy. Which is why some, like myself, have expressed our thoughts saying that it's good that it's a bit baggy so that he can actually bend his knee instead of just having him stand up straight 24/7.

The lighting on the first one is just terrible. They didn't have to blast the figure with ultra bright light to compensate for the dark background.

Surprised that the Ex hasn't sold out by now. I know most figs have sold out more slowly than years past but this is "Vader" and the first one is selling for so much aftermarket. Oh well, I bought one and now I need to clear out a detolf shelf for him and some guards or stormtroopers with him, or maybe Luke. How are others gonna display him?

They're the same pants as far as I can see. The latter is set in different lighting and has his legs bent up, causing his pants to not be baggy. Which is why some, like myself, have expressed our thoughts saying that it's good that it's a bit baggy so that he can actually bend his knee instead of just having him stand up straight 24/7.

The lighting on the first one is just terrible. They didn't have to blast the figure with ultra bright light to compensate for the dark background.
The ribbing on the pants is clearly different - the spacing is wider on the 'hands on hips' photo.

Chest panel and belt look small... I wonder how are these compared to the last SSC Vader?

Anyway I find the price rise a little steep.:monkey4

Back