Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does it really matter how many they produce? :dunno

Not really, I'd get it regardless. Some collectors don't care, some see it as an added bonus when something is limited. I just think Sideshow should make their mind up prior to the pre-order. I think they received too many pre-orders to post an edition size and decided to change is to limited edition.

Not really, I'd get it regardless. Some collectors don't care, some see it as an added bonus when something is limited. I just think Sideshow should make their mind up prior to the pre-order. I think they received too many pre-orders to post an edition size and decided to change is to limited edition.

Doubtful. Hot toys, as a rule, dosn''t announce edition sizes. It's believed that some of the newer figures they've made have edition sizes in the 9-10k range.
Sideshow, so far, has allways told us the edition size. we ca therefore extrapolate that they will eventualy list an edition size......
Probobly. :lol

Doubtful. Hot toys, as a rule, dosn''t announce edition sizes. It's believed that some of the newer figures they've made have edition sizes in the 9-10k range.
Sideshow, so far, has allways told us the edition size. we ca therefore extrapolate that they will eventualy list an edition size......
Probobly. :lol

LOL! I wouldn't mind if they posted that they made 20,000 Vaders, I just want to know the dang number.

They will post an ES... just not for a few weeks. They never did post them for the Inclusive edition figures, but that's the only case I'm aware of with the 1/6 line.

runs off to cancel exclusive edition to re-order LIMTED EDITION.....:yess:

Look at the hi-res pics. :huh :lol

I did. I see no sticthing on them. I see something that suggests stitching, but there is no visable thread.
It MIGHT be sticthed.. it might not be.

Here, take a look at this picture specificly.
100076_press04.jpg

If you blow it upo to full size, and look at the section on the chest near teh top left of the chestbox, you can see that there is not REALLY any stitching, just holes pressed into the vinyl/leather/whatever material.

No thread. it's simulated stitching.

Which is what makes me think it;s the same suit.

It makes a difference to people who may wait to find a good price, unless thats who you mean by speculators.

Speculators are people who buy JUST with the intent to sell it again later for rediculous money.

other than that, if you want the EX edition, odds are it probobly won't go down in price MUCH from what sideshow is selling it for now.

The only time I worry about edition size is when I want one. I don't scalp and try not to speculate. My version of speculating is deciding if I should buy from SSC or a little cheaper elsewhere. Although, I realize scalpers are typically speculators that buy hoping for high demand and low production.

I would think this would be a large ES, but I thought the same thing about the ANH version of Vader...

I did. I see no sticthing on them. I see something that suggests stitching, but there is no visable thread.
It MIGHT be sticthed.. it might not be.

Here, take a look at this picture specificly.
100076_press04.jpg

If you blow it upo to full size, and look at the section on the chest near teh top left of the chestbox, you can see that there is not REALLY any stitching, just holes pressed into the vinyl/leather/whatever material.

No thread. it's simulated stitching.

Which is what makes me think it;s the same suit.
Ok - well what I meant, was that the pants in the 'bent leg' pic have that stitched look.. more specifically.

I see what you're saying though, & they do look more imprinted with that stitched motif than anything else.

However - :lecture

They're definitely not the same pants - or suits, for that matter. Please observe:

100076_press06.jpg

The ribbing & material isn't the same between the two suits. :huh

Last edited:
I have to agree with Vintz here. One of them has a simulated stitching and the other doesn't. Definitely not the same pants.

Why re-invent the wheel? There was nothing wrong with the suit from ANH Vader. Why chance it with a material that might dry, crack or peel over time?

Why re-invent the wheel? There was nothing wrong with the suit from ANH Vader. Why chance it with a material that might dry, crack or peel over time?

Easy the tech is newer, and better. Sure it will cost more in the long run. But you will not run into these problems. Well I would hope not!

Ok - well what I meant, was that the pants in the 'bent leg' pic have that stitched look.. more specifically.

I see what you're saying though, & they do look more imprinted with that stitched motif than anything else.

However - :lecture

They're definitely not the same pants - or suits, for that matter. Please observe:

100076_press06.jpg

The ribbing & material isn't the same between the two suits. :huh

You guys are starting to drive to drink. Come on, It's Vader......SSC is giving us a good Vader not a POS like the other one.

Back