Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting choice for the base, it looks like the base from the Disney Star Wars tours Darth Vader. Might make a cool little display with the two of them together.

You guys are starting to drive to drink. Come on, It's Vader......SSC is giving us a good Vader not a POS like the other one.

What is this POS Vader you speak of? Between all of the ANH, ESB, ROTJ, TPM, AOTC and ROTS I get my acronyms confused sometimes.

I did something today I never do... I sent a message to Sideshow CS asking them to clarify what the **** I just pre-ordered. Between the different suit materials and sizes of shoulder armor I'm genuinely confused :huh

Sloopy is the only word for it :lecture

What is this POS Vader you speak of? Between all of the ANH, ESB, ROTJ, TPM, AOTC and ROTS I get my acronyms confused sometimes.

Really you want me to type what POS means :hi5: Just going by what others in the past two years has posted about the older one. There seems to be problems with it.

BTW try working with Computers for 30 years. I know what each mean, but when asked I do blank! Same with food now!

You new here?

Nope, its just I am making BBQ Sauce and have extra around. But really it Vader, who cares. I't the top of the pie, the woman out of the cake, the 1st time you had. Well. You know!

I cut school to see this movie back in 1977/8. The 1st one that is.

I don't really think they will be doing this one. Or any more Star Wars. The Movies are the money makers for them right now. Just look at Iron Man. 15 Marks, Really 15.....

Once the movies start back up again, I can see HT wanting a piece of the action.

Just going by what others in the past two years has posted about the older one. There seems to be problems with it.

The only issue that regularly pops up that can't easily be modded is the dome. There are hard core fans who have other nitpicks with it, but it's far from a POS release. There appear to be quite a few in this thread who own the original and, only wanting a single representation of Vader, are happy to pass on this Deluxe release.

This Deluxe release could be worth $250 to me if I can get some clarification on the suit detail and size of the armor and chestbox. The lighting in the official pics make determining some details very tricky too, like the texture of the codpiece.

All of these details can be clarified/revised from now until release, in which case the only thing that really bothers me is the sculpt, because it doesn't reflect my vision of Vader beneath the mask. But that's just personal preference - it's the vagaries that grate the most, because I feel that for such an iconic release, Sideshow appears to have handed the reveal roll-out to the work experience kids.

The unmasked version isn't really an issue to me, Vader is a dead man in my mind without the mask, the eu and the pt have turned it into a vanity thing, he wears it to hide his scars or look intimidating.
To me his mask was a necessity to live to maintain a pressured environment to breath from lung damage. So to to sum it up I will nt use the portrait unless I want to portray the death scene ( which the sculpts scowl doesn't suit) or Vader in the chamber

Back