Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know, I just grabbed those two links because they came up (I knew someone would discount them) but trust me, for years and years Vader's height has been marketed as 202 cm. I basically learned centimeter conversion in the 90's trying to sort the figure heights for my Star Wars collection of characters (much like people are doing now).

But you don't have to know much or be a mathematician to see that the Sideshow Vader is clearly oversized.
Yep, I've accepted that he will need a height mod, for sure. Hopefully the rumours of a KP02 being back in production early new year are correct. If his height is brought down, it also should make hemming the cape no problem, too. Might go with a custom, anyway, though.

I did the KP02 mod (along with ilforigno's cape/tunic set) and the body swap did wonders for the authenticity and presence of Vader on the shelf. No longer was he this slim giant with wrinkled pants... he is now a thick, muscular monster of a man. Well, more machine than man...

Lol, yeah, those mods are what make me not worry about porting him over (not sure how that will affect the light-up chest piece and belt, though...) as the modded Vaders I've seen have been amazing. Definitely it's a shame that SSC didn't fix that issue but this base figure is very nice, that aside, so makes me want to pick it up, anyway.

It's a shame you guys have to add $40-$50 for a KP02. This figure should have been perfect out of the box after their first release.

Scale Schmale don't care never did. The height on ANH didn't bother me so this won't either. I just wanna know if it feels cheap in hand.

After much debating I canceled my preorder. He looks incredible but I'm trying to save up for the '66 batmobile.

I feel like this is the best Vader ever but there will most likely be another in a couple of years, where I'm pretty sure there will never be another release of a ⅙ 1966 batmobile.

Hard to let him go, especially as I already have 4 stormtroopers awaiting his arrival.

It's a shame you guys have to add $40-$50 for a KP02. This figure should have been perfect out of the box after their first release.

I won't be adding another body to mine and after some minor futzing he will be perfect to my eyes without spending an extra dime. :)

You'd think, right? How many years did they have to work on this? 7 years since the line first started (don't tell me this wasn't the very first figure on the planning boards).

Scale Schmale don't care never did. The height on ANH didn't bother me so this won't either. I just wanna know if it feels cheap in hand.

Size/scale doesn't bother you but how it feels does? Once I pose a figure I rarely touch it again, except to move it. I like a good heft to my figures but I'd prefer them to look right than feel right.

After much debating I canceled my preorder. He looks incredible but I'm trying to save up for the '66 batmobile.

I feel like this is the best Vader ever but there will most likely be another in a couple of years, where I'm pretty sure there will never be another release of a ⅙ 1966 batmobile.

Hard to let him go, especially as I already have 4 stormtroopers awaiting his arrival.
Seems like a worthy sacrifice. I was never a big fan of '66 Batman, but I get the appeal and that Batmobile especially is beautiful. Love that car. Vader's a great figure but I'm sure it will have a huge run. Don't think it'll be a problem to pick-up down the line @ retail, if that's what you want.

I'm happy with most of what I see, it's only when fellow freaks start to customise and I see the difference when I'll want to mod. I may just have to not visit the thread ;)

Size/scale doesn't bother you but how it feels does? Once I pose a figure I rarely touch it again, except to move it. I like a good heft to my figures but I'd prefer them to look right than feel right.

Yeah i wanna know if SS cheaped out before i worry about such things as size. Quality first, (body tailoring etc) without that nothing else matters. A half inch here or there can suck a ****. :) (especially on a supposed to be already tall figure) I care how it looks on a shelf in a pose, not if he's .0021221cm correct next to whom it's standing next to.

Medicom size never bothered me either, just don't care. But some folks lose their shyyt over it!

I've never had one person look at my Medicom's for instance and go "ya know that looks awesome, but it's not the right size next to that Stormtrooper figure you have there".

If someone is OCD about it i understand, but this is just me.

So yeah, the last thing i'm worried about on this Vader is it's size (sure i wish it was perfect) I want to know it's made well first off.

Last edited:
So you guys should remember that the Sideshow Adm. Piett is too short so it's perhaps not a great way to show how the scale on Vader is too big.

Hmmmmmmm....

Darth-Vader-Return-Of-The-Jedi-Sixth-Scale-Sideshow-Collectibles-030.jpg

I wish they would stop with the muticolored mask. Make it all back or all gunmetal. The prop was painted that way for filming and just looks silly on the figure. It's a representation of the character not the prop.

I wish they would stop with the muticolored mask. Make it all back or all gunmetal. The prop was painted that way for filming and just looks silly on the figure. It's a representation of the character not the prop.

I wouldn't want an all black Vader helmet. No matter what the origin of the grey is, it is on all four helmets, so it's a part of the character design.

Yeah, the chest swap with the clone bodyis what I did.

Rather it was a stomach swap, not the chest piece.

Ok. Then I wonder how tall mine is then. I just took the stomach out and didn't replace it with anything. I gotta measure him.

I think I'm just say to hell with the correct/supposed accurate height and go with whatever "looks right" to me.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk 2

Back