Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish they would stop with the muticolored mask. Make it all back or all gunmetal. The prop was painted that way for filming and just looks silly on the figure. It's a representation of the character not the prop.

I kinda like the two tone, the pieces I have like gg bust in black make it really hard to see any shape to it, even the rots 1:1 tends to all just visually merge. No doubt the rots will be one tone if they make it

Ok. Then I wonder how tall mine is then. I just took the stomach out and didn't replace it with anything. I gotta measure him.

I think I'm just say to hell with the correct/supposed accurate height and go with whatever "looks right" to me.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk 2

That's what I did originally before I got the KP02... and if I remember correctly the 'mid-torso-removed' Vader was 13.75" (from a 14.25").

The body on this new Vader doesn't have a mid-piece to remove to make him shorter still.

That's what I did originally before I got the KP02... and if I remember correctly the 'mid-torso-removed' Vader was 13.75" (from a 14.25").

The body on this new Vader doesn't have a mid-piece to remove to make him shorter still.

Damn, then the torso swap must not have done much. What's his height with the swap?

And the new body doesn't have a mid-piece??

Damn, then the torso swap must not have done much. What's his height with the swap?

And the new body doesn't have a mid-piece??

Oh wait, that's right, people put in the Stromtrooper's torso. I think that's what gave you 13.75" and without anything you got like 13.5". Whatever it was, my Vader was close but still a little oversized -- plus the now squat body looked odd -- really long legs. The KP02 solved all that plus was a hair shorter, down to 13.25" which I think is perfect.

And the new Vader, well you can't really remove the middle torso unless you have something to put in there, like that same Stormtrooper piece, but who knows about the size or whether it will really fit. Whatever the case, modding the torso will give you a squat chest.

Darth-Vader-Return-Of-The-Jedi-Sixth-Scale-Sideshow-Collectibles-017.jpg

I was wondering if someone got around to using it. Do you have any pics?

Was just about to ask that question.

KP03 is probably closer to Dave Prowse's build than KP02.

I measured one of mine and he's 12 1/4" from barefoot to the top of his head.

Do Sideshow hands and boots plug into KP bodies without modification?

KP03 ........................................................KP02
kp03-kp02.jpg

Not sure either is "Prowse's build"... but the slimmer biceps on the KP03 will be a definite advantage. And the slightly lower height will also help. I would think KP03 would work as well if not slightly better than the KP02.

I've always wanted to try the Barney Ross body... but I think someone here tried a Noland body and something wouldn't fit -- chest armor or something, maybe biceps too big for the suit.

Last edited:

Sure do. :)

KP03 ........................................................KP02
kp03-kp02.jpg

Not sure either is "Prowse's build"... but the slimmer biceps on the KP03 will be a definite advantage. And the slightly lower height will also help. I would think KP03 would work as well if not slightly better than the KP02.

I've always wanted to try the Barney Ross body... but I think someone here tried a Noland body and something wouldn't fit -- chest armor or something, maybe biceps too big for the suit.

Hmm, really curious. But, like the KP02, ill probably take issue with the arms.

Is the ttm20 body about the same size as the KP-02?

I heard the HT body was bigger. I think pixletwin already tried that body.

For anybody on the fence with this figure, just go ahead and buy. Saw this figure on display in HK and it is very impressive. This figure is also a bit taller than malgus.

That's good. Should be an easy fix, then. :)

Wor-Gar said:

I hadn't even considered the KP03 until RyanSD mentioned it earlier, and now I'm leaning towards that choice.

KP02 might look better for the buffed up Marvel comic book Vader, but KP03 might be more screen accurate.

Unless you've got some long ankle extenders, I wouldn't use KP03 because if the 12 1/4" measurement you've given is correct, that works out to be only 6ft 1.5". Prowse was definitely taller than that.

Back