Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Darth-Vader-Return-Of-The-Jedi-Sixth-Scale-Sideshow-Collectibles-043.jpg

That is a silly hat you are wearing boy!

Unless you've got some long ankle extenders, I wouldn't use KP03 because if the 12 1/4" measurement you've given is correct, that works out to be only 6ft 1.5". Prowse was definitely taller than that.

With helmet and boots RyanSD said he got the ANH Vader to "a hair shorter than 13 3/8"."

That's 6' 8", which means the ROTJ Vader helmet and boots would have to add just over 1" to the KP03 to make it work.

I think Sideshow got DV's height absolutely perfect. You cannot take into account the height with his helmet on. It should be measured to the top of his head and not helmet.

It's a shame you guys have to add $40-$50 for a KP02. This figure should have been perfect out of the box after their first release.

I will be looking with interest how the mods people do turn out because I hate that baggy pants look. This might be the first figure I actually mod.

Funny people are so upset over Vader being too tall but almost nobody minds that the new MoS Superman figure is just as tall to what it should be, as Vader is compared to what he should be.

Don't get me wrong, there is no excuse for SS to get the height wrong yet again but the difference between the Star Wars and Superman collectors is amusing.

Actually, there's lots of us who noticed the ridiculously oversized Man of Steel Superman figure (I posted in the thread and saw many others post the same frustrations too). Actually, I was thinking of picking up their Man of Steel figure body to see if it would work as the body-swap on the SS ESB/ROTJ Vader.

Henry Cavill was not as tall as Chris Reeve, yet Hot Toys have made their version tower over their own Reeve figure. :cuckoo:

It just baffles me when these companies can get some details perfect and other, more basic things (like figure height) seem to get completely screwed up.

I'm fed up of having to pose these sorts of things separately from other figures in the range. Surely someone on the creative teams can speak up when the scaling gets messed up???:slap

Funny people are so upset over Vader being too tall but almost nobody minds that the new MoS Superman figure is just as tall to what it should be, as Vader is compared to what he should be.

Don't get me wrong, there is no excuse for SS to get the height wrong yet again but the difference between the Star Wars and Superman collectors is amusing.

Last edited:
Actually, there's lots of us who noticed the ridiculously oversized Man of Steel Superman figure (I posted in the thread and saw many others post the same frustrations too).

Henry Cavill was not as tall as Chris Reeve, yet Hot Toys have made their version tower over their own Reeve figure. :cuckoo:

It just baffles me when these companies can get some details perfect and other, more basic things (like figure height) seem to get completely screwed up.

I'm fed up of having to pose these sorts of things separately from other figures in the range. Surely someone on the creative teams can speak up when the scaling gets messed up???:slap

Agreed. I'm more bothered about MoS. At least Vader is supposed to be tall but Superman looks like a different scale when posed to Bale Batman even though they are the same height in real life.

For me it's quite simple: I don't collect Marvel or DC, so I don't really care about those lines, and thus have no clue what is going on out there. :)

Yeah i myself have only ever modded 1 figure, the enterbay batman. I am considering the KP02/KP03
but dont know if the clothes will fit well. I have no experience with KP bodies and i dont know what mods will have to be done.

Yeah i myself have only ever modded 1 figure, the enterbay batman. I am considering the KP02/KP03
but dont know if the clothes will fit well. I have no experience with KP bodies and i dont know what mods will have to be done.

There's numerous pics and discussions in the Vader ANH thread on porting the clothes over to the KP body. Its easy.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk 2

The clothes fit perfectly with KP02. Only trouble can be the sleeves length...they're a bit long for the KP body, so you must decide between having them pressed up the glove o just cut them a bit.

Was thinking either a TTM20/TTM21 might work well, thing is the new DV body is real unique.
The neck post is thinner than the TTM21 and i am not sure how the head will sit on the 21.
Also on correcting the height the 21 may be too short :dunno

So people are looking at the pic with Vader next to the imperial dude and still say, 'SSC nailed IT!!!!

To that I say: denial is a *****

It may be strange to accept, but for some people a fraction of an inch doesn't affect how they feel about the piece and doesn't come into play when they formulate their opinion. Heck, I know people here who love the ANH Vader BECAUSE of the added height.

But saying people are in denial because they don't share your opinion is a wee bit insulting and (dare I say) narrow minded on your part.

ANH Vader was definitely too tall, but I didn't mod it. I never mod my figures. I will take the time to futz them, though.

And a fraction of an inch on the new Vader isn't going to bother me.

Back