Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still like my unmodded ANH Vader but my resolve in resisting this version is waning and I may end up getting him. I'll at least try and hold out for a good deal. I'll give it til next Christmas. If I haven't gotten him yet, and if he's still available, I'll put him on my Christmas list. If he's sold out...so be it. Jedi.

Here is a crappy quick pic with my wife's camera of the KP03 body.

Ben is on a TT, Boba is standard.

Please forgive the lack of futzing, I just grabbed a few to go together for comparison's sake.

Please forgive the lack of futzing

Waits for it...

1042g5w__1_.gif

:lol

I also like it because you don't lose the range of motion in the arms from the sleeves being too tight. I'm going to grab another KP03 for when this one comes.

I like my unmodded ANH Vader. He's duelling Obi-Wan and his knees are bent so he looks like he's in motion and still looks down on his opponent.

Here is a crappy quick pic with my wife's camera of the KP03 body.

Ben is on a TT, Boba is standard.

Please forgive the lack of futzing, I just grabbed a few to go together for comparison's sake.

I like the size, definitely. But the legs seem squat to me, arms too. Maybe trimming the gloves would help with that. As for the legs, cold it be that the boots are made for a larger body?

I like the size, definitely. But the legs seem squat to me, arms too. Maybe trimming the gloves would help with that. As for the legs, cold it be that the boots are made for a larger body?

Arms and legs are a result of the over 1" height difference. Glove trimming can help, or simply pulling out your gloves a wee bit. The shin guards on ANH are just too big and the gloves are just too long. Perhaps the new ROTJ shin guards are better scaled with the slightly lower height and would work well for the KP02'd ANH Vader's out there.

I know I'm planning on grabbing the new dome, shin guards and light-up belt boxes for my ANH Vader.

It may be strange to accept, but for some people a fraction of an inch doesn't affect how they feel about the piece and doesn't come into play when they formulate their opinion. Heck, I know people here who love the ANH Vader BECAUSE of the added height.

But saying people are in denial because they don't share your opinion is a wee bit insulting and (dare I say) narrow minded on your part.

Not to mention that Imperial guy is on the Pro 1.0 which is very short.

Arms and legs are a result of the over 1" height difference. Glove trimming can help, or simply pulling out your gloves a wee bit. The shin guards on ANH are just too big and the gloves are just too long. Perhaps the new ROTJ shin guards are better scaled with the slightly lower height and would work well for the KP02'd ANH Vader's out there.

I know I'm planning on grabbing the new dome, shin guards and light-up belt boxes for my ANH Vader.

Yeah, the gloves are noticeably longer on the ANH version. I've actually trimmed some of the other gloves, and they look better. I'm hoping to use some of the extra gloves from the new one on my ANH version.

There's nothing to do about the boots though, but they're usually covered by the robes and cape, so I doesn't bother me.

I'm hoping to use some of the extra gloves from the new one on my ANH version.

ANH and ESB/ROTJ gloves are different.

ANH has horizontal stitching, while ESB/ROTJ has vertical stitching. ANH gloves were longer on Vader in ANH, but were shortened a bit when he got his new gloves later and was put in charge of the fleet.

Not sure why the promotion for Vader. He did lose the Death Star and the million souls aboard on his little "tracking beacon" plot.

ANH and ESB/ROTJ gloves are different.

ANH has horizontal stitching, while ESB/ROTJ has vertical stitching. ANH gloves were longer on Vader in ANH, but were shortened a bit when he got his new gloves later and was put in charge of the fleet.

Not sure why the promotion for Vader. He did lose the Death Star and the million souls aboard on his little "tracking beacon" plot.

Oh damn, I never realized the gloves were different. Well I guess I'll have to stick with the larger ones.

Ok, now maybe Im wrong here...But on the size chart on SS page, they have a 12 inch scale figure next to the vader figure, who looks like he's on the display stand...Allowing for the height of the stand, he looks like he'd be more in scale with a true 12 inch figure, than that photo of him and the stormtroopers or Admiral Piett...

Matt

ps...sorry, I just noticed they have vader in a bent leg stance on the chart...but still doesnt look to me like the scale would be off as badly with a true 12 inch figure...

Back