Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...ps...sorry, I just noticed they have vader in a bent leg stance on the chart...but still doesnt look to me like the scale would be off as badly with a true 12 inch figure...
Chart's a bit of a mess, since not only are his knees bent but he's pictured on the stand. Plus he's listed as 13.5" but apparently is at least 13.75" or taller. Definitely a figure that will have to be had in-hand to know whether a height mod is worthwhile, I think. Regardless, looking forward to it. I'm hoping I'll just be happy with it, as-is, but if I need to port to another body, I don't feel it's that much of an issue.

Arms and legs are a result of the over 1" height difference. Glove trimming can help, or simply pulling out your gloves a wee bit. The shin guards on ANH are just too big and the gloves are just too long. Perhaps the new ROTJ shin guards are better scaled with the slightly lower height and would work well for the KP02'd ANH Vader's out there.

I know I'm planning on grabbing the new dome, shin guards and light-up belt boxes for my ANH Vader.

Yeah, I'll be grabbing some parts for my Vader. Curious about those shin guards. Its looking more and more like I may have to do some serious modding to the stock Vader body in order to be happy with it; cutting out segments of the legs and arms.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk 2

Well I'd be happier if the price was lower.:monkey1

There is things I don't like about it but I like more of it than I don't and I can change most of it if it really bothered me.

You really hate this figure don't you?

I have to agree with vintij, 260 is a ridiculous price and i've been constantly been debating with myself if its worth it.
I mean DV is iconic and essential for my SW collection but anyway you scratch it the price is outrageous for a SSC product.
I am not going to cancel but i still can't help but feels SSC is pulling a fast one with this new vader.

I have to agree with vintij, 260 is a ridiculous price and i've been constantly been debating with myself if its worth it.
I mean DV is iconic and essential for my SW collection but anyway you scratch it the price is outrageous for a SSC product.
I am not going to cancel but i still can't help but feels SSC is pulling a fast one with this new vader.

Agree. I think all sixth scale figures are are overpriced. The rate of inflation on these is unprecedented in the real world. The last Vader a few years ago was $125, that's double the price. Crazy. Yet we keep paying it.

I agree DV is way overpriced, but I think SSC knows that many "casual" collector will want him, so they put him in Hot Toys price range. Wise move, from my point of view.

Wise move if it's up to Hot Toys standards and is an accurate representation of Prowse Era Vader and not a spaghetti armed, MC Hammer pant wearing cosplayer

I'm starting to regret buying this figure. I suppose, I'm lucky not to have any DV figure at all in my collection, so this isn't too bad as a first DV purchase.

Lotta hatuz in here (also known to Dorothy, Scarecrow, Tin Man, and Lion as "as a few very vocal Vader-haters, oh my!"). :panic:

Back