Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hyperbole is the mother of mass cancellations.

Sounds a lot like excuses to me. Convincing themselves that an awesome figure sucks because they are worried about paying for it when it ships. How many of those people will kick themselves when the figure sells for $500 and they don't have it?

I'm so excited for this figure. I've been wanting/ needing a vader since I started collecting, but I didn't want to get the ANH version due to the inflated prices, and I prefer his Empire/Jedi look.
I don't know what mods if any im going to do til I get it in hand, but I have a hasbro dome standing by. Maybe a body swap too, I don't want him taller than my predators... I also have a hasbro jumpsuit, which looks to be a lot nicer than the stock one he comes with, just a matter of fit I guess. And since getting just the jumpsuit from the SS ANH version looks to be a challenge, that may be a good alternative.

I'd be really surprised if the Hasbro jumpsuit is nicer than SSC's, once this is in-hand. Sure hope that doesn't turn out to be the case.

the hasbro suit I have looks pretty much like SS's ANH version, from pics. It's not so flat as the one that come with this one. It might look alittle too big for the scale, but I can't tell yet until this figure is in hand.
Anyways, I'm not that bent outta shape about it either way, but if I can do away with the flat jumpsuit he comes with I'm happy.

The jumpsuit is the one thing I truly dislike about this figure. Its flat out bad. It looks cheap and toyish.

Its funny the Hasbro suit was mentioned because I was looking at one on ebay yesterday as I was trying to source some smaller shin guards. I was wondering if something could be done with it but it looks very small.

The scale is a disappointment but I think at least something can be done about it. I just can't believe they made him too tall...again. :lol The skinny arms look awful but again I think that will be an easy fix, same as the bagginess of the suit. We'll know all this for sure when more people get him.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
The jumpsuit is the one thing I truly dislike about this figure. Its flat out bad. It looks cheap and toyish.

The scale is a disappointment but I think at least something can be done about it. I just can't believe they made him too tall...again. :lol The skinny arms look awful but again I think that will be an easy fix, same as the bagginess of the suit. We'll know all this for sure when more people get him.

Exactly! I really want a Vader, but I just can't get motivated with that suit and all the modding that needs to be done. I'm tempted to buy the ANH version and buy parts from this one, if that even going to be possible.

I don't know...I guess at the end of the day, it's believable enough, especially afar a few mods. But.....there's something that just grates my nerves about having to do all this work.

Know what you mean, Solo. I'm OK with it as overall I really like the figure (especially as presented in Sideshow's video). Properly presented, I think it looks great. They really did a nice job with the helmet and dome, this time.

In regards to the jumpsuit, I actually like it being matte and between the two suits they were considering (as seen from the earlier promo pics), they chose the right one, IMO (other being the super glossy "liquorice suit"). Feel pretty confident that I'm going to like it, once I see it in person.

Agree. I think all sixth scale figures are are overpriced. The rate of inflation on these is unprecedented in the real world. The last Vader a few years ago was $125, that's double the price. Crazy. Yet we keep paying it.

I really like the look of this figure, but I don't disagree with your opinion on the pricing trend.

It's ridiculous how much the figures prices have risen, but like you said we keep on buying

Know what you mean, Solo. I'm OK with it as overall I really like the figure (especially as presented in Sideshow's video). Properly presented, I think it looks great. They really did a nice job with the helmet and dome, this time.

In regards to the jumpsuit, I actually like it being matte and between the two suits they were considering (as seen from the earlier promo pics), they chose the right one, IMO (other being the super glossy "liquorice suit"). Feel pretty confident that I'm going to like it, once I see it in person.

That's a good point. Do you have any links where i can see the original pro to vader? Is that the old pic before they did the helmet upgrade? I didn't look at the suit of that compared to the final. They are different?

I need to see that. I just thought the ANH suit was better, not to mention the gorgeous proto of Marmit.

If theirs was half as good as McHaleyArt's custom..

Vader_Bash020.jpg

:rock

This is the modded Medicom V2?? What helmet did they use, that looks brilliant.

After digging through the thread, looks like the Kotobukiya head. I was thinking it must be from the 1/10th figure??

Back