Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If theirs was half as good as McHaleyArt's custom..

Vader_Bash020.jpg

:rock

That looks great.:clap

The McHaleyArt's Vader is cool but it has also been futzed by someone who knows what they're doing which helps.

It's still a Medicom-mini-Vader photographed by itself. And it's arms are hidden, lol.

It's still a Medicom-mini-Vader photographed by itself. And it's arms are hidden, lol.
That's not the point though. :lol

I wasn't suggesting Mchaley's recipe as a template for mass production - rather, that he's gotten the important details right.

Of course mass release figures will never be perfect out of the box, but SSC show time & time again, that there's a level of investment into their 1/6 SW figures that they seemingly won't go beyond.

Nobody can tell me that they're not capable of coming up with a base body that's actually representative of Prowse's size & build - & a nicely tailored, functional bodysuit to match. Obviously the figure's problems don't end there, but anyway..

Both the dome and the face is from Koto's 1st Vader. It's slightly larger than Medicom's.
I would Love LoVE LOVE to customize Sideshow's new Vader, but just can't spend the scratch on it.

Oh great!
I didn't recognize the faceplate painted in the two tone...( it looked more accurate)...looks awesome...better even...
A true testament to kotos sculpts!

That's not the point though. :lol

I wasn't suggesting Mchaley's recipe as a template for mass production - rather, that he's gotten the important details right.

Of course mass release figures will never be perfect out of the box, but SSC show time & time again, that there's a level of investment into their 1/6 SW figures that they seemingly won't go beyond.

Nobody can tell me that they're not capable of coming up with a base body that's actually representative of Prowse's size & build - & a nicely tailored, functional bodysuit to match. Obviously the figure's problems don't end there, but anyway..

I just love the way those customs get posted and everyone goes crazy, it's not right to compare them to the mass produced figures, but I know what you're always going on about.

I don't know why Sideshow only go as far as they do with their figures but not many have it hand either.

Nobody has posed the new Vader in those reviews holding the belt like Mchaley's either, let alone tried to futz it properly.

Originally Posted by McHaleyArt View Post
Both the dome and the face is from Koto's 1st Vader. It's slightly larger than Medicom's.

I would Love LoVE LOVE to customize Sideshow's new Vader, but just can't spend the scratch on it.

Does anyone know which Koto Vader it is? Is it the 1/10th figure?

Which koto is it? I'm not familiar with their star wars stuff

So, how does the size of that Koto head compare to the SS Vader mask? The Koto's are supposed to be 1/10th scale aren't they?
Are the Medicom's really small enough to be able to use a 1/10th scale head on it??? Man, I didn't realise they were that small.

Chris

I believe it's this one.
5atusyhe.jpg

Vader wasn't in the Newsletter again. I'm hoping he will be coming soon. Really excited to get him.

I believe it's this one.
5atusyhe.jpg

Awesome! Thanks. Now I wonder how he got that helmet off?? Cut, or did it come off on it's own?

Regardless, his Vader is epic, for a tiny Vader.

I really am looking forward to seeing this new Vader when people start posting pictures.

Back