Sideshow Hoth Han Solo (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if Trevor sculpted the eyes with the thought that they'd be looking slightly up,

That certainly makes a lot of sense and the eyes look much more natural that way - with the lids expected to be up-rolled like that. At least that's precisely what happens to my own eyelids if I look slightly up like that.

I wonder if Trevor sculpted the eyes with the thought that they'd be looking slightly up, because it isn't so jarring on the prototype.

Yeah I think it's a combination of cutting a bit too much out of the lower eyelids, and having the eyes facing straight ahead instead of slightly up like in the proto. Each might be only off a tiny amount, but sometimes that's all it takes to completely change a figure's expression.

Well I hope this figure needs fewer than Snake to look good. The underlying sculpt looks good. I am concerned with SS on the accessories and clothing however--this was a BIG problem with Snake.

Thanks Para for answering my pants question too:hi5:

Honestly I think it's the best production Han I've seen yet. The eyes are a little big, but overall I think it looks great, and the face is easily recognizable as Han Solo.

I'm gonna go ahead and and go against the grain here and say "good job Sideshow" on this one - might just make an exception to my "villain only" rule and pick him up - bet it'll look great on the taun-taun.

at least you can't see the seam from one side - my glass is half full! haha

seriously though, I think Han here looks nice regardless of the taun taun, but then again I'm not super picky with this stuff

No ****ing eyelids... now I know why it looks like he's had plastic surgery in the eye area, and the 'creepiness factor' of this figure just went up by a factor of 10.

This is the end for human figures from Sideshow, right? No company should be selling a $200 figure that requires you to draw on your own eyelids. I mean, come on.

at least you can't see the seam from one side - my glass is half full! haha

seriously though, I think Han here looks nice regardless of the taun taun, but then again I'm not super picky with this stuff

Which is perfectly valid! If you like it, great. :)

I just keep imagining someone in the factory cutting his eyelids off.

No ****ing eyelids... now I know why it looks like he's had plastic surgery in the eye area, .

Shhhh. Don't let Harrison Ford hear you because he also doesn't have any eyelids and is sensitive about that. See him smiling in that photo just a few posts back? Let's keep him that way or he might send his furry friend over and he's not much of a talker.

Back