SSC 1/6 ROTJ Emperor and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow! Killer shots, Sean!
:clap :clap :clap

just curious, what camera, lens, fstop and such are you using there?

Great shots, Maulfan! Sideshow should commission you; maybe those Exclusives would have sold out quicker...

Now that is a brilliant set of pics, Sean. :bow I think I looked at it at least a few times before I believed it was the figure and not a movie still.

just curious, what camera, lens, fstop and such are you using there?

Canon Digital Rebel XTi with Canon EF 28-200mm Lens. The setting vary depening on what light source I'm using angle, sometimes under the same basic lighting, if a change the shadows or whatever I'm trying to get, I need to reset my settings to get the right result.

Did you water treat the robe or anything?

No, water treatment is best for those who are going to pose their figures and leave them like that, as much reposing as I do for photos, it's a wasted effort, my shots are just futzing it with the wires and whatever the material will allow untreated.

STILL8.jpg

And I would agree with you, while I'm sure it makes some difference, none of the photos posted have demonstrated enough of one to make me want to source the parts and go for it.

picture.php

While my photos won't compare to any of the incredible work you do, Sean, does it not bother you how your Vader looks standing next to the Emperor, much less any of Sideshow's other SW 1/6 scale figures? Do they look the way my figures look in the above photo?

I think the reason my Vader height modification generated so much interest lately is because so many of us want to pose him with the new Emperor figure, only to be let down when we actually see the results. It's especially sad because, not only is Vader the most iconic character in the SW universe, but he interacts with so many other characters. We almost have to pose him with Luke, or Obi-Wan, or with Stormtroopers or any of the other Sideshow figures we've gotten over the years.

Personally, I have yet to take the next step of having my figures custom painted or outfitted with specially fabricated parts like many have (& usually to amazing looking results). I understand being anxious about taking something from its suitable, mass-produced form & turning into a one-of-a-kind piece. But the Vader helmet mod is such an easy fix to getting that Vader figure to look almost just like it does in the movie, & it all has to do with altering the insides of that helmet which all become hidden once its glued back onto the head.

Same goes to my height modification. It just involves replacing the abdominal pieces that were made for the Vader Prometheus figure with ones from the regular-size armored Prometheus figure. It doesn't even require altering any of the original Vader parts since they can all be done & undone by the tiny screws holding them together.

Anyway, to each his own. I can understand most folks' hesitation to monkeying around with figures as costly as these. But, if there's anyone reading this who's on the fence about modifying the height of their Vader & they already own a Stormtrooper or Sandtrooper figure, what are you waiting for? You have all the parts you need. If you aren't absolutely THRILLED with the results, you can change your figures back to the way they were. No harm, no foul.

Last edited:
Wow , i miss this thread for a while , wonderful figure , well done Sideshow , and greats pics Sean as always , i can't wait for mine !!!

Emperor2-1.jpg

I think I like the hood better on my unfutzed one. I need to fiddle with this some more.

Actually, I was gonna say how good it's looking with your WT...

Oh, and good work, Sean...you always blow all of us poor "point -and-shoot" folks out of the water with your efforts. They look great.

WOW-awesome pics Maulfan!!!

and just to chime in...i got my Throne today,but the Emperor didnt come with him :(
Hopefully he arrives tomorrow!!!!!grrrrrrrrrrrr

Back