SSC Greedo 1/6 Scum and Villainy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Greedo shooting first or at the same time looks so damn weird.. the milisecond head move by han solo doesn't help, it looks so weird bro....

Nothing tops that 77 coldblooded Solo shoot or be killed mentality, shows how he's made it this long as a human smuggler in a shifty wretched place full of scummy aliens and assassin droids etc.

To me these look like "dolls" rather than high end. Truthfully ANH costume designs have been very simple and these figures reflect this (no faulting Sideshow). I can see $100 each but also understand that that market for 1/6 is in the $300 range so $280 is a reflection of modern prices. I just need more "What's in the Box" than a simple figure with sculpted head. Not sure what that is maybe value? I remember buying the old Sideshow Bib Fortuna, Kit Fits, Mace Winds, Pro Moon etc for $60-$70. and being so excited. Part of it was the value for what I was getting "Inside the Box". Ahhh the good days when NECA figures were $14.99 (Hellraiser) where you could by two one to open and one MOC. Today NECA Puppet Master "Ultimate" figures retail for $69.99. :violin

That Greedo is tempting but wow those prices.. I’m hoping these go into discount at some point.
That’s the thing too. You never know if these will sell out or sit in the discount section of the site. If they get discounted I’ll feel stupid overpaying, especially for a Sideshow figure.

You left off ObiGlennKenobi's take
4) Han ____s Greedo.

At least 5, don't forget McClunky!

And they can keep editing the movies, yet there is always the Kenner commercial, where Han still shot first. :wink1:

I feel like the next edit we see of that scene is just going to be Greedo somehow shooting himself. Lol

Which one rots first on the shelf?

The one you own!

tumblr_oqxf24jYUT1rp0vkjo1_500.gif

Greedo shooting first or at the same time looks so damn weird.. the milisecond head move by han solo doesn't help, it looks so weird bro....

Nothing tops that 77 coldblooded Solo shoot or be killed mentality, shows how he's made it this long as a human smuggler in a shifty wretched place full of scummy aliens and assassin droids etc.
I will never forgive GL for that or the addition of that terrible Jabba. It was just an attempt to sell special effects....

To me it's way worse than anything Disney has done.

I will never forgive GL for that or the addition of that terrible Jabba. It was just an attempt to sell special effects....

To me it's way worse than anything Disney has done.
I don't at all hate the idea of the Special Editions, updating, cleaning, attempting to make things better or finish what he felt was unfinished, but Lucas adding entirely new scenes like the Jabba scene, under those pretences, is bull. There's no way, even in 1997, anyone saw that Jabba scene and thought "oh man, this looks amazing and it adds so much!". That never happened. I still can't understand how anyone at Lucasfilm saw the models for that Jabba and thought, sure, that looks like the '83 Jabba, I'm convinced. Even if it was limited by technology of the time, that's no excuse for that Jabba looking like a child's drawing of Jabba from memory. I mean in all the years since, no new depiction of Jabba has looked or sounded right, hell they can't even decide on how many fingers he's supposed to have. It's like no one at Lucasfilm has even actually seen ROTJ.

I've seen the footage of George being presented the SE Jabba scene and he chuckles and comments about how great it is and I cannot fathom what's going through his head during these times. It's hard to reconcile that Lucas, which seems to barely care about what he's looking at with the one who very obviously cares deeply about Star Wars. It's never made sense to me. Anyway, rant over, don't want to derail the thread lol.

Ironic. I just said something somewhat similar in the 2.0 Jungle Hunter thread and it applies here but for different reasons.

OT is the GOAT of SW imo. I grew up on them as a very small child. But as it stands, as an adult collector of this hobby, I'm so thankful that these films don't move me to collect those figures.

(money)

I'm baffled as to why I don't want the OT represented on my shelf. I wish I could answer that. But I can't wait to see pics of others who are. Gonna look amazing.

PT are really my love, I guess. Which doesn't make a lick of sense, based on my age.

To me the only worthwhile changes in the SEs were removing the egregious mat lines during the Rancor sequence, and improving the space shots in the Falcon cockpit.

I do really love the new X-Wing shots during the Death Star attack, as they're cool and dynamic as hell. But they're also too modern and not consistent with the style of the rest of the movie, so I'd prefer to keep those out as well.

Ironic. I just said something somewhat similar in the 2.0 Jungle Hunter thread and it applies here but for different reasons.

OT is the GOAT of SW imo. I grew up on them as a very small child. But as it stands, as an adult collector of this hobby, I'm so thankful that these films don't move me to collect those figures.

(money)

I'm baffled as to why I don't want the OT represented on my shelf. I wish I could answer that. But I can't wait to see pics of others who are. Gonna look amazing.

PT are really my love, I guess. Which doesn't make a lick of sense, based on my age.
This is the way I feel. I have Jedi Luke, 3po, R2 , The Emperor and Vader....
The only way I would add more to this group is when we get a decent Chewie and Han.

We have neither. I cant add Leia ( and we have quite a few great ones ) without Han ...

Han is holding up my OT collection

Back