SSC Greedo 1/6 Scum and Villainy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
529975-1000006260.jpg

This typical wording from the back of an action figure card definitely feels different when they average $275.

Ironic. I just said something somewhat similar in the 2.0 Jungle Hunter thread and it applies here but for different reasons.

OT is the GOAT of SW imo. I grew up on them as a very small child. But as it stands, as an adult collector of this hobby, I'm so thankful that these films don't move me to collect those figures.

(money)

I'm baffled as to why I don't want the OT represented on my shelf. I wish I could answer that. But I can't wait to see pics of others who are. Gonna look amazing.

PT are really my love, I guess. Which doesn't make a lick of sense, based on my age.
How can you love being insulted by those crappy movies that make no sense, have no heart to them & destroy every achievement attained by GL w/ the OT? If you love PT, you don't understand what OT is. Just like GL himself.

For my complaining about it I probably will break down and get Greedo. I’d like the exclusive but it’s not a make or break for the figure.

For my complaining about it I probably will break down and get Greedo. I’d like the exclusive but it’s not a make or break for the figure.
Is it worth it for the blue milk accessory?

It’s a $50-60 premium for the EX blue milk at SSC vs non-Ex at another store (between tax, shipping, early bird PO discount).

Is it worth it for the blue milk accessory?

It’s a $50-60 premium for the EX blue milk at SSC vs non-Ex at another store (between tax, shipping, early bird PO discount).
Nah it’s really not. I’d like to have it but silly. Honestly I have a pretty sweet discount at another site. I paid $500 for a membership and get 24% off anything I order. So after a couple figures I come out on top. With that Greedo is like $255 (including shipping and tax).

Not sure why SSC chose to persist with their inaccurate brown/rivets Han-style gun belt. It seemed to start in 2010 (the year both the Hasbro "Vintage" 4" figure and the original SSC 12" Greedo had it) but it's completely inaccurate to the movie. Strangely, several products since including the Gentle Giant 1/6 Greedo statue had the correct belt design.

This pic shows the Paul Blake Greedo outfit in the cantina but Blake also wore the same belt and Greedo costume in the D94 scene, along with other Rodians. It's sort of a light grey-tan belt with no metal buckle, more belt boxes, just a single rivet and a reddish brown holster that loops directly onto the belt, so less hanging Han/cowboy style like SSC made it.

53948677905_ab444680db_c.jpg

This time out Sideshow seems to have fully matched Greedo's belt in Star Wars Battlefront right down to the rivet and belt loops pattern.

53948489153_98b7991485_c.jpg

They also seem to have done a "hybrid" vest, using the cut/sew design of the Paul Blake Greedo but with the much stronger/richer terracotta color of the no-pockets Star Wars Holiday Special vest, versus the quite faded/light rust color of the (also totally different to each other in cut/sew) Blake and DeAragon vests seen in ANH. Oddly, the 2010 Hasbro "Vintage" figure that featured the brown belt also had the SWHS terracotta vest with no pockets.

Last edited:
Take it Kit isn’t getting these aliens in? No news is probs bad news on that front.

Kit said that if they distribute in China he can get them for sure.

I'd assume the regular versions will be sold in China, just as with the regular versions of other Sideshow figures.

Maybe it's just taking a little while to finalise the details?

Really hoping he does get them, as it'll make it more palatable picking up the ones that don't have very enticing exclusive options.

EU based (r)etailers are starting to list those. Pretty sure Asian resellers will have the opportunity to offer this line as well.

Well I sold my original a few years back and have been waiting quite a while for this day. Hoped it would've been HT that was gonna tackle this but I'm happy Greedo is finally back. Just a little iffy about the skin color. Is it just me?

So the "pockets" disappear, once he/she sits down face forward shots?
Is likely when they cut from Blake to Aragon?

First Greedo shots (has pockets), also the mask looks terrible and the mouth and antennae don't move, hence likely the forward facing re-shoot with Aragon?
Also still has somewhat long fingers, I think they are just wrapped around the gun better.

Seems like Blake approaches Han and they sit down, De Aragon is used for the conversation then back to Blake for when he gets shot.
Actually three,:
1. Blake (pockets) walks him to table,
2. Aragon (reshoots), has the whole conversation and shoot out, better Rick Baker designed mask, moving antenna and mouth, no pockets, shorter wrapped fingers).
3. And the one that falls over like a wet sack of poodoo, was apparently a mechanical dummy ( bad mask, pockets, long fingers, and no human inside) ...thud!
9264kl.gif

10614162_776780659053615_5516632116609689428_n.jpg

Last edited:

Actually three,:
1. Blake (pockets) walks him to table,
2. Aragon (reshoots), has the whole conversation and shoot out, (better mask, moving antenna, clothespin mouth, no pockets, shorter wrapped fingers).
3. And the one that falls over like of wet sack of poodoo, was apparently a mechanical dummy (back to bad mask, pockets, long fingers, and no human inside) ...thud!
10614162_776780659053615_5516632116609689428_n.jpg

Watching through this today...

...starting at 41:47 during this take of Obi-Wan attacking Ponda and Evazan, pockets Greedo appears behind him:

Greedo pockets.jpg

In the actual film the pockets are harder to see because he's partly in shadow:

vlcsnap-2024-09-02-15h57m52s045.png

They also used Greedo without the vest in two shots to supplement the cantina patrons:

vlcsnap-2024-09-02-16h00m00s046.png

vlcsnap-2024-09-02-16h01m25s913.png

OT ain't my jam as far as collecting but I look forward to seeing these guys all together in some cool photos for those that are.. getting all of them? Are anyone going all in on these scum?

Watching through this today...

...starting at 41:47 during this take of Obi-Wan attacking Ponda and Evazan, pockets Greedo appears behind him:

View attachment 723576

In the actual film the pockets are harder to see because he's partly in shadow:

View attachment 723577

They also used Greedo without the vest in two shots to supplement the cantina patrons:

Thanks his whole Cantina Compendium is a fantastic resource;
Love the shots of Walrusface's severed head!
926aah.jpg

926ame.jpg

92671c.gif

I'm retroactivley inserting that into my official head canon. :wink1:

Lucas' annoying tinkering gave us; Greedo shot first and McClunky, when he was holding back, and should have given us; Obi-Wan lopped Walrusface's firkin head off!:horror

Last edited:
I always wondered if Greedo's jacket was the same as Luke's ceremoney jacket and they just put it on backwards to hide the zip

According to a Reddit thread about the jacket they were the same, or from a similar source, though I haven't looked into it.

Toa_Quarax

8y ago•Edited 8y ago

The jacket was supposedly a modified racing jacket from England. The same (or at least very similar) jackets were also worn by also worn by Greedo (here's a shot of another Rodian and the jacket being reused in the Holiday Special) and Ponda Baba (here's a shot of the jacket from when he was going to be decapitated, and here's another from when the jacket was also reused in the Holiday Special) in A New Hope, Snowspeeder pilots in The Empire Strikes Back (here's a behind-the-scenes shot), Rodians in Return of the Jedi, and characters in Space: 1999 (here's a blue jacket and an orange one).

Love the shots of Walrusface's severed head!
926aah.jpg

926ame.jpg

92671c.gif

I'm retroactivley inserting that into my official head canon. :wink1:

Lucas' annoying tinkering gave us; Greedo shot first and McClunky, when he was holding back, and should have given us; Obi-Wan lopped Walrusface's firkin head off!:horror
Ok now I want to see the violent and gory R-rated version of the OT. 😁

Back