SSC Superman 1/6th Scale figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel like I've been bamboozled with these large figures(even the smaller ones) over and over again, that I think I'll keep my money in my pockets

I think all weathered the way it looks there would make a really cool figure. I don't know if it would fit with the other SSC DC figures though. Looks kinda 'Hot Toyish', but I want it.

If you're talking about the Lex Armour I posted, the question was what I'd maybe spend $500 on. For $500 I'd want something more detailed. I know you like more classic looks Groovy, & that's cool, actually a few of us like that, but I don't think I'm going to spend $500 on a SSC that looks something like this:

superman_batman_public_enemies_lex_luthor_armor.jpg

It's too basic for $500. Maybe $300 or under, simply because of the size.

If it was fully articulated--again with good AB crunch, able to take a knee, double jointed elbows--I'd buy it in 1-2 heart beats.

I don't understand the love for all these super huge armored figures ala the Starcraft suits. Are people supposed to sitting in them in a "starfish" position?? None of them work on a realistic level. There would be no control system that worked for these the way the people inside are positioned.

It would be like stipping a car engine taking it apart to paint it...

I don't understand the love for all these super huge armored figures ala the Starcraft suits. Are people supposed to sitting in them in a "starfish" position?? None of them work on a realistic level. There would be no control system that worked for these the way the people inside are positioned.

was going to use up my damaged heat vision head up on this kitbash ,but not sure this is the expression im wanting now ,my wife says he looks like hes going to burst into tears lol ,anyone with any of the other 2 heads for sale please lmk
20150308_123327_zpsh5p0c8oz.jpg
20150308_123302_zpsms6dvudq.jpg

Last edited:
Looks great Chris! That body looks amazing. Thanks for the heads up!
I just messaged you pics of the head with eyes installed. Let me know if your wife still thinks he's about the cry! I reckon this is a real Fleischer-esque head!

DA50CA3D-2BD9-442F-8FF1-7B5FA68452B7.jpg

847DD544-E728-4B30-B649-56372FCBC464.jpg

BF377697-551F-44E9-832E-A1F97ECC526C.jpg

4A78D6E3-3701-4E1A-A78F-A520EDDB446B.jpg

523F2DC3-95BB-42A2-BE28-DF120BFF5A6B.jpg

I have to ask. Which body did you use for that Supes? Did you then do modifications?

It's a beast and looks great.

was going to use up my damaged heat vision head up on this kitbash ,but not sure this is the expression im wanting now ,my wife says he looks like hes going to burst into tears lol ,anyone with any of the other 2 heads for sale please lmk

yeah we have a winner give that man a cigar lol
its a triple h max agresion figure with the traps and legs toned down a little ,with a mattel reeve suit ,sideshow trunks and belt ,unmodified or belt cut ,and man of steel boots
20150304_103747_zpsykoheg7z.jpg
20150304_103829_zps2b7vn987.jpg

after the wraps and traps ground down ,with the boots and legs modified to take foot pegs
20150304_175632_zpsgqcuhk9r.jpg
20150304_181813_zpsrouqlxy4.jpg
20150304_184357_zpsdp9ru3ah.jpg

a not super expensive body thats easy to work with ,that great for larger than life heroic characters

I don't understand the love for all these super huge armored figures ala the Starcraft suits.
You really don't understand? They're big and cool.

Are people supposed to sitting in them in a "starfish" position??
Yes? No? Does it really matter? Some of them are so huge, it could be starfish position, Maschinen krieger-esque controls, neural link or whatever, it's fantasy.

None of them work on a realistic level.
bruh

And no, it would work, a good concept can work in any way, if you actually mean right now real life realistically realistic, we're barely on the 1st levels of exoskeleton suits, be serious.
There would be no control system that worked for these the way the people inside are positioned.
OR... You have no imagination.

That is pretty damn cool, well done. :rock

I paid my superman off last wednesday and asked for a replacement part for my r2d2 and Sideshow said no problem will ship out. Its now Tuesday this week and called to ask sideshow ship my figure out right away. Note to self i hate waiting ,and figured wouldnt be too much of a hassle for sideshow add my xtra rd replacement part with my superman order. Sideshow told me can take up to a week to inspect my r2 replacement part. I dont understand how it takes a week to put a drink tray piece into a box with a order. Sorry 4 Rant just hoping , wishing my superman get's here faster then a speeding bullet. Sick of waiting.:impatient:

Back