SSC Superman 1/6th Scale figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks fantastic, Libby! :rock How's the articulation on that body?

thanks mate ,the articulation is fine ,only thing i really miss is the extra movement in the shoulder joint ,the figure is really just like a enlarged dc universe classics figure by mattel in terms or its articulation ,plenty but not everything lol ,
as a heads up i just got another one of these in and found out the figures are body specific to the wrestlers ,as far as i can tell anyway ,the first one i got was triple h and he towers above this guy ,brent hart ,i think he is ,and has a entirely different body type ,which i think is a great resource for different customs and was not really apparent or noticed by me from the ebay listings pictures lol ,heres some comparison pictures
20150311_114340_zpszebcgisz.jpg

20150311_114328_zpsolwybjtv.jpg

20150311_120743_zpsyuzvdxt4.jpg

back to back with the sideshow body
20150311_120710_zpsvjy1nos7.jpg

back to back with triple h
20150311_120901_zpsvismbtsn.jpg

20150311_120959_zpscfvuzpl9.jpg

as you can see i changed my plans for the head sculpt ,so if anyone has a smiling supes head for sale please lmk
cheers chris

i hope you got it at a good price ,i saw one brand new in a box free delivery £25 in the uk ,im sure your customs going to look great given your track record ,what you going to use for boots and a head sculpt

First of all, let me rephrase it to make it easier to understand.

"Taking that suit apart to repaint it, would be a job similar to taking down a car engine and rebuilding it".

stephen-fry-on-being-offended.jpg

I was joking bro. That's why I put the smiley face. Sorry my sarcasm or joke was not clear. Guess I offended you lol. Sorry if I did.

i hope you got it at a good price ,i saw one brand new in a box free delivery £25 in the uk ,im sure your customs going to look great given your track record ,what you going to use for boots and a head sculpt

Well, thanks for the kind words!:)

I probably found the only one in France, boxed and shipping for a grand total of 17 euros, a great deal I think. I found the spandex fabric on a UK EBay shop yesterday night. I hope the color will be right in hand. For the hs, I'm gonna use one of the sideshow ones, preferably the one that comes with the fig if I can (but for the moment I can't seem to find a loose one anywhere). For the boots I will use boots I found on a Supes costume on eBay. I think they are modified Routh boots. The soles look like Routh's while the top looks like Classic Supes. I would have used the outfit but it isn't strtchy enough for that body obviously. My S shield will be made with yellow and red rubber sheets. :)

brilliant price ,well done ,sounds good i had those boots ,they came with the art of toys george reeves figure they did a few years back ,like you say they are reworked hot toys supes returns boots ,were a little bulky but should work fine on the larger body youve chosen ,looking forward to your thoughts on this figure and its possibilities when you have it in hand and pictures of your custom figure ,your method for the symbol intrigues me do you have any examples of this way of doing them this way lol

i got this guy a few weeks back from my local store. The figure looks so much better in hand, and he doesn't look off/awkward when paired with bats.

brilliant price ,well done ,sounds good i had those boots ,they came with the art of toys george reeves figure they did a few years back ,like you say they are reworked hot toys supes returns boots ,were a little bulky but should work fine on the larger body youve chosen ,looking forward to your thoughts on this figure and its possibilities when you have it in hand and pictures of your custom figure ,your method for the symbol intrigues me do you have any examples of this way of doing them this way lol

Well, no pictures of the s shield yet as I'm making it up as I go along, but I'll be using this:

Feuille EN Caoutchouc Mousse 30 X 45 CM

Maybe it'll work...or not! Too early to say!:)

I have yet to peruse every page here but just a quick one. Thus would HT MMS 152 head work well with its body? TIA!

*Search yielded zilch as well

You can make them with sticky vinyl. Just cut the S shield out of red, lay it on a sheet of yellow and cut the shape out.

These are just resting on the figure, but you can stick them on easy enough as it's sticky backed.

IMG_1947.jpg

IMG_1990.jpg

IMG_3057_zps6ffbb04a.jpg

Walked into the office this morning and saw this hovering over my computer screen. Decided to show this figure some love.

Sideshow Supes, shot with a Nikon P7700 using nasty available overhead light. No mods, straight out of the box. No Photoshop (except to add a slight vignette).

16173058014_9b605da720_b.jpg

It looks amazing. But you'll want to sit the pants down ever so slightly. Just to cover the top of the thigh joint.
But it's incredible. My Brother is still waiting for his to arrive.

I got mine early, I pick it up from Tony's home. Got to see his collection, FANTASTIC!!!!!.

Last edited:
Walked into the office this morning and saw this hovering over my computer screen. Decided to show this figure some love.

Sideshow Supes, shot with a Nikon P7700 using nasty available overhead light. No mods, straight out of the box. No Photoshop (except to add a slight vignette).

Beautiful picture and a great pose. Looks like a comic book panel.

Fantastic! Even with the "nasty available overhead light"

Back