SSC The Joker 1/6th Scale figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have two questions.

1. Is this Joker figure from a specific comic book/graphic novel/ era (golden age/silver/modern...)???
To me, it looks very similar to the "Kiling Joke" Joker, but not..really.

2.Knowing the history of the company, do you think SSC will make more joker figures in the near or perhaps the distant future? If so, what kind of joker figures?

I think they go for a generic joker, one that represents all jokers, a "definitive joker" if you want... you are right, it looks like "the killing joke" joker, but not 100%
I really need to see the production pieces before preorder it, I think SSC will mess up the clothes

This Joker will be the "definitive" Joker for them, similar to the way they did their Marvel Premium Formats back in the beginning where they were combinations of classic traits.

They will absolutely make more Jokers down the line, even artist specific ones but not of a bit. Joker is a cash cow as is Batman and I expect multiples but I would expect a few in the Batline before getting back to another offering. Although I wouldn't count out a SSC Ex that has a slight tweak since that is right up their alley.

It's going to be great for parts. Can't wait to see the price tag on him.

Kato :panic:

64239_10151231323768807_433562619_n.jpg

74100_10151231323433807_284944003_n.jpg

385280_10151231323488807_727579787_n.jpg

734601_10151231324058807_1063794300_n.jpg

I have two questions.

1. Is this Joker figure from a specific comic book/graphic novel/ era (golden age/silver/modern...)???

2.Knowing the history of the company, do you think SSC will make more joker figures in the near or perhaps the distant future? If so, what kind of joker figures?

I'd class it as a sort of Bolland Joker but not exactly Killing Joke. I
99752_600.jpg

It's the only one I can see that's similar to it.

I have two questions.

Usually when it comes to comic characters (at least for Star Wars) they'll use a certain artist as inspiration but still have their own take on the character.

And it will more than likely be a "distant future" if they ever make another one though I don't see why at the moment. This one looks like he's coming with tons of stuff to suit Joker in just about most for a of the character

99752_600.jpg

:goodpost: That's a good photo! The face and the costume look very similar.

Usually when it comes to comic characters (at least for Star Wars) they'll use a certain artist as inspiration but still have their own take on the character.

And it will more than likely be a "distant future" if they ever make another one though I don't see why at the moment. This one looks like he's coming with tons of stuff to suit Joker in just about most for a of the character

That's good to know. I'm not sure if I want to get this figure yet. I was thinking that maybe they'll do another version from a different era, maybe one with a more "classic" face and hair style (if that's even possible). I do like the silver and bronze age joker with the "Wolverine" hair style. However, I also love his look in the killing joke, so I'll wait for the final product, see what it looks like. I just hope there is no pre-order deposit like the HT2.0. :pray:

Last edited:
99752_600.jpg

I've always loved Bolland's Batman and Joker. He's been my favorite Batman artist for a very long time. Hopefully, Sideshow will do a matching Batman, some day.

Ironically, with a slight adjustment to the headsculpt, the SS one coming would make a slightly passable Bolland Bats.

Batman_Gotham_Knights_Vol_1_20.JPG

But I prefer classic Bolland Bats.

I can't wait for this one. I've always loved Brian Bollands Joker. It was Killing Joke that really turned me into a Joker fan. Hell It's what inspired me to make this all those years ago.

tumblr_mgw75tHyHw1qh99rio1_1280.jpg

Although this new Sideshow figure isn't quite the same as Bollands version it'll do. :D

Last edited:
Thank you so much. I did have a version with real hair, but can't seem to find the photos right now.

I wonder if other stores like BBTS,CSC, and AEC will have this figure for a better price? The only problem, those stores don't get the SS EX accessories, not that this figure comes with an EX, but who knows... it might come with something unique...

Last edited:
I wonder if other stores like BBTS,CSC, and AEC will have this figure for a better price? The only problem, those stores don't get the SS EX accessories, not that this figure comes with an EX, but who knows... it might come with something unique...

They will and it will have an exclusive. We'll know everything but the price on Tuesday. Price when it goes up on Thursday.

Back