Premium Format SSC Thor PF and Destroyer Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_0599.jpg

IMG_0592.jpg

IMG_0595.jpg

Bad. But i wasnt a fan of that one from the beginning. Destroyer is very grey and one tone. Should look like metal, doesn't. Base was bad and phoney looking. I was also unhappy w. The fake looking spikess. Instead of looking dangerous they look kid friendly. Could sideshow at least turned on the eyes?

I'd swear I read somewhere the eyes weren't finished on the display piece....

Save your money folks...I agree with Bodie. The Destroyer paint really is basic, very flat and bland. Does not look like metal at all....I would have been impressed had they chromed it...but then you have the cheap looking base with the lame name plate...IMO...marvel movie stuff never really turns out that great...I guess its ok for those who don't read comics (they don't know any better)...but the comic accurate Bowen Destroyer kicks the ass of SS's "bland destroyer"....

Long neck Thor looked horrible too...and awful skinny for a GOD OF THUNDER.

...also I bumped into the display case at the con...the destroyer wiggled like a wet noodle in the wind...I'm sure its light as a feather...not cool in my opinion.

Couldn't disagree with you more. So hopefully these are the last two posts from you in this thread then. Thnx bye :wave

Couldn't disagree with you more. So hopefully these are the last two posts from you in this thread then. Thnx bye :wave

That's MY opinion...and I'm sticking around to save people's money...besides....not sure about your taste in general...still collecting GG LOTR crap?...Or did you take a huge loss by selling it in bulk...LOL! :nana:

That's MY opinion...and I'm sticking around to save people's money...besides....not sure about your taste in general...still collecting GG LOTR crap?...Or did you take a huge loss by selling it in bulk...LOL! :nana:

Good thing I'm not worried about your opinion then. :yess: I doubt others will use you as the reason to save money. :wink1: So I'll stick around to help people realize that both pieces are totally worth adding to the collection. My taste are I buy what I like. Don't have any more of the GG stuff. Sold it a while back and broke even on it.

Oh I've read plenty of the comics over the years and I still dig the movie stuff. :yess:

Good thing I'm not worried about your opinion then. :yess: I doubt others will use you as the reason to save money. :wink1: So I'll stick around to help people realize that both pieces are totally worth adding to the collection. My taste are I buy what I like. Don't have any more of the GG stuff. Sold it a while back and broke even on it.

Oh I've read plenty of the comics over the years and I still dig the movie stuff. :yess:

I bet you will be able to pick these up for a song after they ship...only a fool would pay retail.

I never said you didn't read comics...did I strike a nerve?

Stop being such a fanboi and open your eyes.

The spikes are more like stubs and the paint made it look cheap and fake looking. Base left me uninspired. I disliked this so much im happily paying 70 bucks not to have it. NO THANK YOU. NOT THE QUALITY THAT I INFUSE IN MY COLLECTION.

I bet you will be able to pick these up for a song after they ship...only a fool would pay retail.

I never said you didn't read comics...did I strike a nerve?

Stop being such a fanboi and open your eyes.

If you can great. I'm getting mine when they ship. Not worried about the value afterwards. Thats not how I collect.

You said only people that like the movie stuff are folks who've never read the comics. Just letting you know you're wrong. :)

Eyes are open and I love them. :yess:

I trust my fellow Marvel connaisseurs Deadly Dagger & Bodie about this piece.Unfortunately,Josh you're a good guy but your opinion on any Sideshow pieces cant be taken seriously.The paint job on those pieces looks terrible.

I trust my fellow Marvel connaisseurs Deadly Dagger & Bodie about this piece.Unfortunately,Josh you're a good guy but your opinion on any Sideshow pieces cant be taken seriously.The paint job on those pieces looks terrible.

Thank you Shai...great minds think alike...especially connaisseurs of bubble butts. :hi5:

IF thats how folks want to be thats cool. I'm not worried about it one way or the other. All I can do is share what I think and let it be what it will be.

LoL, bodie turned 180 overnight, almost as fast as Barb.
:lol I am not canceling!
Save your money folks...I agree with Bodie. The Destroyer paint really is basic, very flat and bland. Does not look like metal at all....I would have been impressed had they chromed it...but then you have the cheap looking base with the lame name plate...IMO...marvel movie stuff never really turns out that great...I guess its ok for those who don't read comics (they don't know any better)...but the comic accurate Bowen Destroyer kicks the ass of SS's "bland destroyer"....

Long neck Thor looked horrible too...and awful skinny for a GOD OF THUNDER.
Thor was always one of my top 3 comic reads as a kid and into adulthood. I love the comic, the movie and these pieces! So there! :pfft:

Back