Premium Format SSC Thor PF and Destroyer Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have both PO'd and keeping them! I will see with my own eyes how these pieces turned out. I can always send them back if they don't meet my standards but I'm sure they will. I have yet to pick up a piece that I haven't kept and liked form SS.

o69nqh.jpg

WHERES THE CHROME. WTF.

hope not, yet doubt it..that pic shows shiney metallic paint and some color between the lines to add contrast. sdcc peice was all grey, like no effort. its a money thing. SS is getting cheaper and cheaper yet more expensive , expensive. Paradox. Old sCHOOL SIDESHOW THIS WOULD HAVE BEEN 50 POUNDS AND DETAILED. PACKED IN SUPERRIOR FOAM. NO LONGER!

just something about the pair doesn't seem right. Thor's stance looks off or stiff and Destroyer paint and finish looks blah to me, though his stance is good.

Bad. But i wasnt a fan of that one from the beginning. Destroyer is very grey and one tone. Should look like metal, doesn't. Base was bad and phoney looking. I was also unhappy w. The fake looking spikess. Instead of looking dangerous they look kid friendly. Could sideshow at least turned on the eyes?

The eyes were not actually installed when it was displayed at con. You can see through from one eye socket to the other. The piece was impressive for its size and its paint IF you can get a close up look. From far away it looks very plain and bland but up close you can see silver specks in the paint.

The paint looks so different that it feels like the classic bait and switch........ and what do they care.. if i cancel they get my NRD... its a lose lose.

hope not, yet doubt it..that pic shows shiney metallic paint and some color between the lines to add contrast. sdcc peice was all grey, like no effort. its a money thing. SS is getting cheaper and cheaper yet more expensive , expensive. Paradox. Old sCHOOL SIDESHOW THIS WOULD HAVE BEEN 50 POUNDS AND DETAILED. PACKED IN SUPERRIOR FOAM. NO LONGER!

You do realize it's no longer 2006 and the economy is tits (not where I am yay), and that companies unfortunately go on the cheap after they establish themselves, which SideShow clearly has.

Back