Premium Format SSC Thor PF and Destroyer Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let's try this again. For those who were at the Con, & had a negative take on this statue, did anyone even bother to ask Sideshow staff directly, regarding sub-par paint apps? :dunno:slap

The sculpt is killer, but all this negative talk certainly gives one pause, especially at $500.00 a pop! :horror

Let's try this again. For those who were at the Con, & had a negative take on this statue, did anyone even bother to ask Sideshow staff directly, regarding sub-par paint apps? :dunno:slap

The sculpt is killer, but all this negative talk certainly gives one pause, especially at $500.00 a pop! :horror

Good question. I guess a good way to find out for sure is let the in hand pics come in before making any moves, at this price point and looking a the quality of the pics from SDCC, I doubt this will be sold out anytime soon (unless it's the ole 'fake' sold out). People should know who to trust on these boards by now, the objective posters, the haters and the ones who just like everything they see, and blindly defend it. : P From the SDCC vids and pics the quality don't look too good.

Good question. I guess a good way to find out for sure is let the in hand pics come in before making any moves, at this price point and looking a the quality of the pics from SDCC, I doubt this will be sold out anytime soon (unless it's the ole 'fake' sold out). People should know who to trust on these boards by now, the objective posters, the haters and the ones who just like everything they see, and blindly defend it. : P From the SDCC vids and pics the quality don't look too good.

Hi Fuzzy. My take is that there has been plenty of negative noise regarding paint apps for this statue, & where there is smoke, there is usually fire. To ignore these signals, risks third degree burns.

However, if we collectors make enough noise of our own, & voice our concerns directly to Sideshow, we may be able to have the problem addressed!? Surely there should be enough time for Sideshow to tweek & improve on their botched paint job?

Bottom line, I wants this statue, & I am not one to customize paint apps, or anything else, as I like my statues as released. As mentioned, I've written SS, voicing my concerns (noise!), & would hope that other collectors would do same. & make more noise! Power to the people.:peace

Hi Fuzzy. My take is that there has been plenty of negative noise regarding paint apps for this statue, & where there is smoke, there is usually fire. To ignore these signals, risks third degree burns.

However, if we collectors make enough noise of our own, & voice our concerns directly to Sideshow, we may be able to have the problem addressed!? Surely there should be enough time for Sideshow to tweek & improve on their botched paint job?

Bottom line, I wants this statue, & I am not one to customize paint apps, or anything else, as I like my statues as released. As mentioned, I've written SS, voicing my concerns (noise!), & would hope that other collectors would do same. & make more noise! Power to the people.:peace

True, I think if it doesn't sell well they may address it too. GL bro! :1-1:

Fuzzy, one more thing. If we collectors decide to wait it out, until in hand pics are available, we would be entrenched in a crap shoot, having a 50-50 chance for SS to do the right thing. Way too passive, & risky a stance.

Us collectors, who are paying mucho bucks for these statues, MUST be more pro-active, & voice our concerns, provided they are logical & sound. And please correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't SS add a light-up feature to Thanos dio, (which I still have not received!???:slap:gah:), because of fan reaction? I mean if they can change the structural components of a statue by adding a light-up, surely improving paint apps should be a no brainer?! LET"S MAKE NOISE!:gah::gah::gah:

Fuzzy, one more thing. If we collectors decide to wait it out, until in hand pics are available, we would be entrenched in a crap shoot, having a 50-50 chance for SS to do the right thing. Way too passive, & risky a stance.

Us collectors, who are paying mucho bucks for these statues, MUST be more pro-active, & voice our concerns, provided they are logical & sound. And please correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't SS add a light-up feature to Thanos dio, (which I still have not received!???:slap:gah:), because of fan reaction? I mean if they can change the structural components of a statue by adding a light-up, surely improving paint apps should be a no brainer?! LET"S MAKE NOISE!:gah::gah::gah:

I message a UK based supplier asking him to post pics of the Destroyer when he gets them in his shop so we can see the quality of it, but i think speculation is that SSC rushed this statue to get the prototype available for Comic Con, seeing as they have another 4 months to get the rest of them up to standards, that statue may still live up to the hype once its released

I message a UK based supplier asking him to post pics of the Destroyer when he gets them in his shop so we can see the quality of it, but i think speculation is that SSC rushed this statue to get the prototype available for Comic Con, seeing as they have another 4 months to get the rest of them up to standards, that statue may still live up to the hype once its released

Agreed. But why should we passively wait it out, & leave it to chance? If enough collectors voice their concerns directly to Sideshow, all parties may avoid a disaster, which should never have happened in the first place.:dunno

Agreed. But why should we passively wait it out, & leave it to chance? If enough collectors voice their concerns directly to Sideshow, all parties may avoid a disaster, which should never have happened in the first place.:dunno

Ok, im not trying to stick up for SSC here or anything, i haven't bought anything from them directly before either, but surely, with the size of this statue and the value of it, does anyone think they're gonna release this statue if it isn't up to scratch, thats just bad for business

not to mention, when you see prototypes on different websites with a list of the product details, how often do you see a line at the bottom saying something along the lines of 'final product may differ slightly', the prototype is to give a rough idea

I think it is wise for those who think they may want this statue...to wait it out to see in hand pics, as mentioned I don't think this will sell out.
I can understand the lights not shown at SDCC, but why display a product with a horrible paint job?...I would bet that the paint shown at SDCC is what your gonna get.
Let's not for get the base, which didn't look all that great either...as well as the tacky movie plate.
Did I mention it wobbled like a wet noodle when I bumped into the display case? lol

I guess it depends on your POV if they displayed it with a terrible paint job. Base looked fine and the statue and it looked as sturdy as anything. I will gladly add both Thor and Destroyer to my collection. Its kind of to each his own I suppose. I've seen this year and in past years folks say oh this item looked awesome at comic-con and I didn't think it looked all that great.

I guess it depends on your POV if they displayed it with a terrible paint job. Base looked fine and the statue and it looked as sturdy as anything. I will gladly add both Thor and Destroyer to my collection.

Yes, my POV as a collector who has been collecting statues for over 10 years, I think I know what a decent paint job looks like...while not being blinded by a fanboi mentality.

:cuckoo:

Yes, my POV as a collector who has been collecting statues for over 10 years, I think I know what a decent paint job looks like...while not being blinded by a fanboi mentality.

:cuckoo:

I've been collecting for as long as you so I have a pretty good idea of what a good paint job looks like. So :) Not blinded by anything just a good old fashion opinion. For some reason that upsets think skinned haters who have to resort to clling names. :wink1:

haterbatman.jpg

I've been collecting for as long as you so I have a pretty good idea of what a good paint job looks like. So :) Not blinded by anything just a good old fashion opinion. For some reason that upsets think skinned haters who have to resort to clling names. :wink1:

Actually you are the one who seems to go on attack when someone has a different opinion...hence the names you deserve.

super fanboi

:monkey4 :lol

Actually you are the one who seems to go on attack when someone has a different opinion...hence the names you deserve.

super fanboi

I just freely and readily give my opinion on a toy forum when I see something I don't agree with. Thats why we're here to agree and disagree over our toys. I deserve no name other than the one I was given at birth.

Ok, im not trying to stick up for SSC here or anything, i haven't bought anything from them directly before either, but surely, with the size of this statue and the value of it, does anyone think they're gonna release this statue if it isn't up to scratch, thats just bad for business

not to mention, when you see prototypes on different websites with a list of the product details, how often do you see a line at the bottom saying something along the lines of 'final product may differ slightly', the prototype is to give a rough idea

Why indeed. But a great sculpted statue can have bad factory paint apps, as Spidey comi, (though I was lucky, & received a near flawless one). I don't think for a minute that SS releases their products without the best intentions, but crap happens. Now if their showcased prototype, at the industry's biggest show, is shown with questionable paint apps(?!), that is cause for true concern. I mean if this was their intended final product, as showcased at the Con, I shudder to think what will come out of the China factories.:horror

Again, if the collectors who are interested in getting this statue voice their concerns directly with Sideshow staff, we/they may be able to address, & fix the problem, BEFORE it ever becomes an issue. Cause they would have plenty of time to do so. So why wait passively on the sidelines, hoping/praying for the best?????:cuckoo:

I deserve no name other than the one I was given at birth.

:lol:lol:lol

I just freely and readily give my opinion on a toy forum when I see something I don't agree with. Thats why we're here to agree and disagree over our toys. I deserve no name other than the one I was given at birth.

Well they aren't toy imo, you don't play with them just display them, they are statues unless you are talking about the articulated Hot Toys?

Last edited:
Back