SST Shock Trooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice sideshow , looks gooooood !!!!!!!:monkey5

fantasymaker_031.jpg

I skipped to scenes when the Shock Troopers apeared in ROTS. There is much lesser weathering as to what SSC did. Do hope the final release is closer to screen accuracy.

Those who aren't happy with the weathering should be ok with the final look. While these troops do come weathered in production, it doesn't look as extensive or detailed as the prototypes. I'm sure the Shock will be the same, and in the end both sides should be happy, the ones wanting weathering will still get a good ammount and those wanting cleaner will get not as much as it looks now.

The exclusive has an ES of 750. I wonder if that means the regular will have a smaller ES too.

The exclusive has an ES of 750. I wonder if that means the regular will have a smaller ES too.

I won't toot my own horn, but I said earlier that if they cut the edition size from the Utapau that it would be proof positive that SSC made a bad business choice by choosing to make a figure Medicom already made and well there it is. In fact they cut the exclusive size down by HALF.

Big time failure of a release IMO. Commander Gree would have sold 2 or 3 times that.

Not a failure for me since I don't own the Medicom version. But if the Utapau Clone didn't come out as great as it did, I wouldn't have ordered one.

i know, it probably wouldn't have been a bad one from my perspective either if I didn't own the medicom too, but SSC has to look out for the grand scheme and numbers not individuals. I think almost anyone that ordered a Shock would have ordered a Gree so numbers would have only gone up. Not just Gree but probably 4 or more other varieties would have sold better.

I won't toot my own horn, but I said earlier that if they cut the edition size from the Utapau that it would be proof positive that SSC made a bad business choice by choosing to make a figure Medicom already made and well there it is. In fact they cut the exclusive size down by HALF.

Big time failure of a release IMO. Commander Gree would have sold 2 or 3 times that.

Well put, I have to agree. Seems SS is taking the easy way these days. To me the edition size shows lack of interest or sales. All those older "sold out" figs are available on wait list now, that has to say something.

I think SS has dropped teh ball in the last 12 months with this and other lines.

I still think there's a lot of incorrect speculation going on about figure choice. :lol I seriously doubt the ES has anything at all to do with it.

Got on the WaitList, I don't know how I missed this one. Completely forgot about it. Anyway, the next one will probably be the 501st.

again, i think SST did the right business move in more than one way...

1. get the harder to sell Clones out of the way before offering the obvious "no - brainers"

2. step directly into the ring with Medicom and say "here's what we have".

whatever their motives, i am thrilled to be getting their Shocktrooper... with Gree, Cody, the 501, the Phase 1, Neyo and more bound to surface within the next year or two, i think the red dude is the perfect fit!

again, i think SST did the right business move in more than one way...

1. get the harder to sell Clones out of the way before offering the obvious "no - brainers"

2. step directly into the ring with Medicom and say "here's what we have".

whatever their motives, i am thrilled to be getting their Shocktrooper... with Gree, Cody, the 501, the Phase 1, Neyo and more bound to surface within the next year or two, i think the red dude is the perfect fit!

i don't see how that benefit SSC who imports the most medicom figures in the US. :confused:

i don't see how that benefit SSC who imports the most medicom figures in the US. :confused:

It's a long term benefit. If they produce a superior product, and the sales back it, they'll likely start cutting back their Medi orders as time goes on. Then again, at the rate Medi puts out their Star Wars, and the ridiculous pricing, I still don't see how it's even competition.

its market share... SST will obviously benefit from "owning the cow and not just settling for a percentage of the milk"...

besides... with a kicking Clone line, SST may find themselves without competition this side of the water.

I agree that overall SSC doesn't want to completely "blow their wad" :lol early and release all the in demand figures up front, but I think that pertains to stuff like Luke, Han, etc. I don't think clones play too much into that. If I was SSC I would release the clones the most people want up front and allow the smaller releases to come out later when lots of people maybe already have their fill of clones anyway.

Back