SST Shock Trooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, they sure went for some extreme weathering here, eh? Looks good though. He'll look really good displayed with Sidious. Hard to resist getting two to flank him....

I want Cody more than any other Clone.

Same here. But as I've said before, I really want Sideshow to go all out with him....helmet, head portrait, all pertinent accessories, everything!

As far as future releases, I'm apt to stick with ones that were actually featured on screen or that can be displayed with other figures...like this one can be with Lord Sidious or the 501st with Vader...

This shock trooper looks good!

Same here. But as I've said before, I really want Sideshow to go all out with him....helmet, head portrait, all pertinent accessories, everything!

Absolutely, as far as Clones, Cody is the most important in my book, get him the most right. Odds are he'd inclued the hand held communicator, but I'd like to see them take it a step further and have a holo Sidious coming off it to capture Cody receiving Order 66.

Absolutely, as far as Clones, Cody is the most important in my book, get him the most right. Odds are he'd inclued the hand held communicator, but I'd like to see them take it a step further and have a holo Sidious coming off it to capture Cody receiving Order 66.

That sounds like a good exclusive. :chew

from a business standpoint, SSC should be releasing products that the most people want.

basically they're saying that despite, I don't know for sure, say 25% of their potential customers already own the figure from another company that the sales of Shocktrooper would be greater than sales of a different clone. I personally can't believe that's true.

I just think a Gree or a generic Kashyyyk or some other clone would have been more in demand right now. :dunno
I don't have sour grapes, I just want SSC to actually make money so the line proceeds stronger.
I think this is going to be another German Indy situation where SSC overestimates the potential sales for a figure and I think all those poor judgements eventually bite you in the ass.

You're guessing at best. How do you know they didn't sit down and say, "okay, now we don't have time to manufacture extra parts, so which paint looks the coolest for our next clone?" and they all decided Shocktrooper? Gree's absolutely a more spectacular offering, but as Maulfan already stated, there's more R&D involved than just repainting a clone body another color. The Shocktrooper was a good choice, a smart choice for a follow-up, and I think it'll be just as successful as the Utapau. Anybody who already has a Medi will be able to sell them to the loyalists who'd prefer Medi's over Sideshows, so nobody's really out anything.

I'm surprised we're getting these and the Utapau clones before the 501st. I would have thought those would have been the most popular choice for clone markings.

Probably a dream, but a medical capsule with Anakin's charred body at Comic-Con would be a great follow up to explain this choice :D

I'm surprised we're getting these and the Utapau clones before the 501st. I would have thought those would have been the most popular choice for clone markings.

it's just good business... don't show the hand after the card game has only just started!

I think a ROTS clone commander with shoulder paldron and pistols should had been the next offering to kind of go with how they released the Stormtrooper then Sandtrooper...but, ultimately..i want to see Snowtroopers and done right at that.

Nice, figure. I also think the weathering is a tad extreme. (just a little though) A Commander Bacara would rule as well!

The announcement of this figure is a matter of time, I did rather have it earlier. Don't really like the over weathering though. I will be getting 2, one on each side of Palpatine.:)

Last edited:
I think the weathering is fine. If you get into the EU at all. Like the Republic Commando Order 66 book, for example. It talks about a lot of ShockTroopers being assigned to Coruscant. I imagine these guys saw quite a bit of action after order 66 was executed. I will just think of it in that aspect. Just my 2 cents....

It's been a while, but I think when we first got some pictures of the proto for the 212th Trooper, the weathering on it seemed a little extreme too...but as we now know, the production piece turned out looking real good. I have confidence that the same will hold true for the Shock Trooper....

It's been a while, but I think when we first got some pictures of the proto for the 212th Trooper, the weathering on it seemed a little extreme too...but as we now know, the production piece turned out looking real good. I have confidence that the same will hold true for the Shock Trooper....

It seems like all weathering on SSC figures mutes in production, but if you go extreme on the prototype, it seems to ensure a healthy ammount in production, where too little on the proto and it'll almost be nothing at all in production.

Even if they don't, there's always the little Sidious that came with the exclusive Anakin. :) It's a good idea. Finally, I'll have a use for my Anakin exclusive. :clap

Not to thrilled at the heavy wear on the paint but will be getting one of these up front and a couple more later to repaint nice and clean.

Wouldn't it be a good idea if Sideshow is to make a "more weathering" and a "no weathering" version to keep everyone happy.:D Then you have the completists who will buy both.:duh

Back